22 - Possibilities

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soohyun woke up with a loud noise coming almost everywhere on the ship. She quickly dressed herself up and was about to open her door, when she realized that it was locked from the outside. The loud noises continued and it seemed like people yelling and swords clashing. Soohyun’s eyes went wide as she tried opening her door one more time. 

“Hello? What’s happening?” Soohyun yelled, furiously turning the knob as she tried to open it. It was no use at all. She called for a few more times until she heard a voice call her name. 

“Soohyun?” 

“Jongin?” Soohyun asked as she leaned on the door to listen to his voice. Jongin affirmed it was him and then Soohyun heard a loud thud along with a slash coming from swords clashing. 

“What’s happening?” Soohyun asked. She was worried because it seems like there’s something bad happening right now and she has no idea what it is. A few more grunts and thuds and it was silent. There was a knock on her door before she heard Jongin speak once again. 

“Stay there. Don’t go out no matter what,” Jongin said. “There are pirates we’re dealing with right now but don’t worry, we’ve got everything under control. You’ll be safe as long as you stay inside. Do you understand?” 

Soohyun nodded. “Yes. But who’s there?” she asked but then it seemed like Jongin already went away to deal with the pirates he had talked about. 

Soohyun turned back as she sat on her bed. There was an uneasy feeling inside her, not only because there were other pirates on their ship right now but she could feel something else was wrong. She bit her lip as she waited inside, just like what Jongin said. She could still hear the constant yelling and clashing of swords and what seemed like chanting of spells. Spells. Soohyun’s eyes widened at the sudden realization. She has been around spell casters all her life and she knew if they were casting spells or not and the only spell caster on the ship is Yixing. The thing is, she could hear more than one person loudly casting spells outside. There are thousands of possibilities that that spell caster could find out she’s aboard the ship and she could not let that happen no matter what. Most of the spell casters she know works with the King and if one of them would find out that she’s on board Baekhyun’s ship, that would definitely put all of them in a tight spot. 

With her heart racing against her chest, Soohyun reached out for her desk and was about to get her ring until she felt a sharp pain on her chest. She almost dropped on her knees at the sudden pain but immediately got herself up as she stood up. 

No. Was that Baekhyun? That familiar pain. Someone she had bonded with just used their power. Soohyun wasn’t sure if it was Baekhyun or not. She grabbed the ring and wore it before anything else happens. She looked out her window and saw that the sea was calm enough. If Baekhyun was using his powers to control the waters, then the sea must show some sign of disruption, right? But it’s calm as of the moment. Was he using fire instead? There was in no way Soohyun could know what power was he using not until she asks him herself. She anxiously waited until she heard her door clicked and unlocked, showing Baekhyun standing right outside of her room. 

“I’m glad you’re safe. Everything’s fine now and the-“ Baekhyun stopped as soon as he noticed the distressed look on Soohyun’s face. “Are you alright?” he asked. Soohyun ignored his question as she ran towards him and grabbed his hand. 

“Did you use your power a while ago? Just a few minutes ago?” Soohyun asked. Baekhyun gave her a confused look as he shook his head. 

“No, I didn’t. Why? Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked. 

“I felt a sharp pain on my chest. The same pain I feel whenever someone I bonded with uses their power. It’s impossible. You said you didn’t use you power. Jongin said those guys were pirates and the only people I’ve bonded with were my siblings,” Soohyun said as she looked back at Baekhyun. His expressions turned from calm to serious in a snap. His eyebrows were furrowed as he motioned Soohyun to get inside so they could talk about it clearly. 

“Could it be one of your siblings is working with Kang Janghyuk?” Baekhyun asked. Soohyun looked at him with confused eyes as she tried to recall all of her siblings. It’s impossible though. All of them were loyal to the King. None of them dared to disobey the King on whatever orders he had. And of all people, would one of them really secretly work with a pirate when they’re the people their kingdom has been hell-bent on capturing? Soohyun couldn’t find any reason that could prove one of her siblings is working alongside with a pirate. 

“Maybe he’s being held as a captive?” Soohyun asked. Baekhyun shook his head as he sat on a chair and looked back at Soohyun. 

“No. Janghyuk wouldn’t bring a captive while trying to seize my ship. You wouldn’t want to know what he does with them. Bringing them out in the sun and out of his ship would be a miracle and a blessing. None of his captives went back alive, that I can assure you. Plus, they were all fighting my men a while ago. I’m p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter