10 - Take Him Back

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun’s crew surely wasn’t composed of many people at all. If Soohyun was right, she had counted at least fifteen of them on board, including the ones she met at the mess hall and the ones they had passed by along throughout their entire ship tour. Baekhyun did talk about a lot of things as they walked their way around the ship. Things like what they usually do on board, where do they get supplies and where do they store it, some short and brief stories about his crew mates, and some rules he made sure she’d follow no matter what. Soohyun learned that Baekhyun was a chatty type of person only if he wanted to be. He talked a lot when he was talking about the things he seemed to like, just like the ship and the things they do, but he talked less when they unknowingly touched the matter about being a gifted. Soohyun didn’t tried to pry over his short answers and kept the questions to a minimal. 

It was about lunch time when they had finished the ship tour and Soohyun was given the privilege to eat at the mess hall. She wasn’t quite excited about the idea because it just means that there would be other people in there and that thought didn’t quite sit with her, especially because she’d be eating with pirates. Soohyun grabbed a few fruits as she sat down. Baekhyun didn’t ate anything and instead sat on one corner, silent and obviously immersed in his own thoughts. It was when Minseok, Soohyun assumed it was him based from how she remembered his face a while ago, approached Baekhyun that he got to burst from his own bubble and start talking. 

After a few more minutes, Soohyun finished her lunch and Baekhyun was quick to notice it as he stood up and led the way outside. Baekhyun mentioned that they’re only a day away from Tarrin and that she should prepare herself because she’d be coming with them at town to get Jongdae. 

“Also, how’d you like a few pair of dresses? You’ve been in that dress for days, I bet they’re becoming uncomfortable,” Baekhyun pointed out as he eyed Soohyun from head to toe. Soohyun actually didn’t noticed that she was wearing the same dress for days. It wasn’t even a thing until Baekhyun mentioned it and now that it has been brought up, she suddenly felt a bit gross out with herself. How could she even forget about proper hygiene? Soohyun looked away as she tried to hide the embarrassment on her face. She only heard a faint chuckle from Baekhyun as a response and he was gone before she even noticed it. 

~~~

Today’s the day. Soohyun woke up a bit earlier than the usual because she can’t help but think who this Jongdae Baekhyun kept talking about. Baekhyun mentioned once that he’d like Jongdae to see her and that doesn’t sound like how he wanted his other crew mates to meet her. It sounded like Jongdae was meant to do something the moment he meets her and that thought quite kept Soohyun up late at night. What was he supposed to do when he meets her? Soohyun shook her head as she tried to get rid of the thoughts in her head. She stood up and tried to fix herself to look a bit more presentable. Just as when she was about to tie her short hair, she heard a knock against her door. 

“Are you awake?” Soohyun heard a voice against the door. 

“Yes. I’m in the midst of tying my hair right now,” Soohyun answered as she continued to tie her hair up. It was quite hot and she didn’t feel like letting her hair down because it would surely feel hot once they’re on land. 

“Can I open the door?” Jongin asked and Soohyun felt a small smile crept on her face at his question. He was trying to be polite and careful and Soohyun couldn’t be more thankful for how considerate he is. Maybe she should start trying to get to know the others. So far, Chanyeol and Jongin were the nicest to her...and so was Baekhyun. 

The door slowly opened and there revealed Jongin. He waved at her and greeted her a good morning before inviting himself inside. “Good thing you were awake when I knocked. I don’t know how would I wake you up if you weren’t. I was thinking between going loud and busting the door or going soft and try to wake you up by just knocking on your door,” he sheepishly smiled. Soohyun looked back at him with a shocked expression on her face which made Jongin laugh in a snap. 

“I’m kidding,” he brought his hands up in the air as a protest. He heaved a sigh before turning back at her looking serious all of a sudden. 

“Baekhyun sent me here to tell you that we’re docking in a few—“ Jongin was cut off when they heard a loud thud outside. He looked around and then relaxed himself after. “Looks like we’re here. The ship has already docked. Come out when you’re ready, we’ll be waiting on the deck,” Jongin said and immediately went out without letting Soohyun ask a few more inquiries. She had a lot of questions in her mind about Tarrin and Jongdae but it seems like that it needs to be put aside for a while. She then readied herself and went out after making sure she looks decent enough. 

Soohyun arrived at the deck and saw a few of Baekhyun’s crew on it, so as Chanyeol and Jongin. Everyone was busy and Soohyun tried to look for Baekhyun but he was nowhere to be seen. She walked a few more steps forward and before her hands could even land atop the railing, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She looked back and saw the person she was just looking a while ago, standing right in front of her. 

“Wear this,” Baekhyun said and handed her a thin black cape with a hood on it. Soohyun eyed it for a bit, confused on why she would need to wear something like that. “The King’s probably after you since you’ve been missing for days. He’d not sit around and wait for you to come back so I’m betting he already had sent men to look for you,” he said. That was when Soohyun had came to realize that point. Of course, how could she even miss it, the King would obviously send someone to find her. She actually forgot about it because it has been quite peaceful being at the sea for a few days. Now that she has realized that fact, she can’t help but feel her heart slowly rising in beats. She can’t afford to be caught by the King. She absolutely can’t let herself be caught. 

“Wear that for now so you won’t catch any attention. You’re still wearing something quite fancy though,” Baekhyun pointed out. Before Soohyun could even respond, he already walked away and made his way towards his crew as he gave out a few instructions before they lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter