Her Name

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy birthday.” 

 

Soohyun shook her head frantically. It’s been a while since she had been practicing greeting Baekhyun a happy birthday because she forgot to do so in the morning and while they were at the deck. She was too engrossed at the fact that she had finally recognized her feelings towards him. 

 

Soohyun paced back and forth her cabin as she calmed herself down. She was suddenly reminded of the time she told Jongdae that she indeed likes Baekhyun and how calm and composed she sounded. It was a first for her and she couldn’t believe that even happened at all. Now that Soohyun’s back at her cabin and alone by herself, she couldn’t help but get actually nervous by it. She wouldn’t wish for Baekhyun to return her feelings because he probably doesn’t even see her that way. 

 

Soohyun unconsciously bit her lip as she tried to keep herself calm and composed. The day was about to end as she peeked on her window and saw that it was already dark. If she was to waste more time on her room, pacing back and forth and just being overly anxious, she would never had the chance to greet Baekhyun a happy birthday. Soohyun heaved deep sigh as she came to a decision that now’s the time—she’d go and greet Baekhyun. She wasn’t even supposed to do anything but greet him but she could feel her whole body trembling at the thought of facing the man that she likes. 

 

It’s because Soohyun has never liked someone before. 

 

The warm and giddy feeling inside her has already sent her entire being haywire. It felt good to finally come in terms with her feelings but the things she should do after that—she has no idea how to deal with it. What should she do next? Expecting Baekhyun to like her back would probably the last one on her list—she wouldn’t even dream of it—she’s not on the place to demand something like that from him. Soohyun’s content with how Baekhyun treats her right now. He has never failed to be kind and that is the most important thing for Soohyun. Kindness. 

 

~~~

 

Soohyun stood in front of Baekhyun’s cabin after knocking, with her heart pounding loudly against her chest. She already had gathered her messy thoughts before going out of her cabin. She had told herself that acting normal would be the best way to deal with her current situation. She had been fine before, before Jongdae has made her realize about her true feelings, and she believes that she should still be fine right now. 

 

Soohyun heard Baekhyun at the other side of the door asking who just knocked. She had to clear before speaking up. 

 

“It’s me, Soohyun,” she said. “Can I come in?” 

 

It didn’t took Baekhyun that long before he said she could come in. Soohyun carefully opened the door and saw Baekhyun in front of his desk, busy with lots of paper on his hands. 

 

Soohyun wasn’t even halfway entering his cabin when she spoke up. “Oh, are you busy? I can come in a while when you’re free.” 

 

Baekhyun raised his head and looked back at her. He stifled a laugh as he motioned Soohyun to get inside. “What are you doing there? I already told you you can come in.” 

 

Soohyun nodded as she took a step inside and closed the door behind her. She sat on the chair just right in front of his desk as he set aside the piles of papers he was holding a while ago. 

 

“What brought you here late at night, princess?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned forward, anticipating the response Soohyun will give. 

 

Soohyun’s heart unintentionally leaped at the mention of princess. It’s not that it’s something special—Baekhyun has called her that way ever since they met—but hearing it now sent butterflies to her stomach. Since when did she liked being called princess? She hated it, loathed that endearment when she was still in the palace, but now, it doesn’t feel the same way anymore. She had actually came to like it. 

 

Before her thoughts could get the best out of her, Soohyun grabbed something from the pocket of her dress. She held it tight on her hand before handing it out to Baekhyun. “Happy birthday,” she greeted as she opened up her hand and revealed a braided bracelet on top of it. She could already feel the bursting feeling inside her when Baekhyun didn’t say anything at all. 

 

Soohyun looked up and saw that Baekhyun was intently staring at the bracelet on her hand. She immediately placed it down before he could notice her trembling hands. 

 

“I made that,” Soohyun started, offering a sheepish smile as she fiddled with her fingers. “I couldn’t greet you a while ago because you were busy attending your crew’s request and playing games with them. I used to make those back in the palace whenever I have free time. I have never given anyone a present except for my friend so I don’t know if you’ll like it or not.” 

 

Baekhyun still wasn’t saying anything—not a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter