Two Unexpected Visitors

Devil's Hour - 3 AM

“Really, Dahyun-unnie? A mistletoe right above the front door?”

“It’s not for you Chaeng, it’s for Jeongyeon-unnie.”

“Because she absolutely dreads kisses?”

“Exactly.”

“Smart.” Chaeyoung nodded in approval before she went to admire Dahyun’s other Halloween decorations.

 

Not long afterwards, the second and also final guest arrived.

Of course she instantly took notice of the sneaky decoration above the door frame.

 

“… What the hell is this?”

“Your greatest fear.” Dahyun simply replied while puckering out her lips towards the oldest out of the three, asking for a smooch. “Merry Christmas, Jeongyeon-unnie.”

“Well you’re absolutely spot on with that fact, so bug off.” Jeongyeon mercilessly pushed the home-owner away by the face.

 

Soon after they had settled the food and drinks down into the kitchen, the trio split up into different rooms to get changed.

Jeongyeon transformed into Pinocchio, Chaeyoung seemed to have enrolled into Hogwarts, while the house-owner- for whatever the reason- became a giant fluffy bunny.

They had agreed to dress up for the possible trick-or-treaters to add in some joy into the children’s experience… and they also just really wanted to dress up themselves.

With the age of university students, they bore the hearts of childish infants.

 

After reuniting back into the living room, Dahyun speedily told them about the two ghosts of her residency.

She had been dying to share her abnormal experience with someone else, especially her two closest friends.

She thought that out of everyone she knew, they would be the ones who could help her out the most.

 

Unfortunately, neither of their reactions were what she had hoped for.

 

“Are you high?” was the first thing Jeongyeon said after Dahyun was finished.

“I’m being dead serious, unnie!” Dahyun whined while squirming her whole body to protest, causing her bunny ears to bounce above her head.

“To meet ghosts on Halloween… Isn’t that like, the dream?” Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow in confusion.

Your dream, not mine. Why on Earth would you want to meet ghosts anyways?! What if they’re filled with hatred and curse you- oh God, what if they’ve cursed me?” Dahyun started panicking by herself, making Jeongyeon throw a beer at her which struck her painfully on the right .

“Crack a cold one with the girls and forget about it, Dahyun-ah. Don’t waste your favourite holiday by spouting out nonsense before you’re even drunk.” Pinocchio advised before opening one for herself, drinking it deliciously.

“I’m telling you it’s true…” Dahyun grunted weakly, clutching onto her assaulted titty. “But you’re right. We should start our movie spree before we waste any more of our precious holiday.”

“That’s the spirit, Easter Bun.”

 

The three proceeded to watch The Ring while snacking and drinking to their heart’s content, enjoying each other’s company and the simple thrills.

After two consecutive movies they ordered some pizza for dinner since none of them could cook without burning down the entire house.

While they waited for it to arrive and gave their eyeballs a break from the TV screen, the youngest girl’s curiosity got the best of her.

 

“So what do ghosts really look like?” Chaeyoung Potter couldn’t help but ask, her eyes glistening towards her pale friend.

Out of the three, she was the most interested in the supernatural world.

Jeongyeon instantly gave her a light slap on her arm. “Stop bringing that up. You’re going to make Dahyun crap her pants again.”

“What do you mean ‘again’? I’ve never pooped my pants ever since I was a baby!” Dahyun argued with a frown.

“Just answer my question, Dahyun-unnie. I must know. For science.”

“I’m reporting you both to the police. You guys are definitely on some weird stuff.”

“Jeongyeon-unnie, I swear on my mother, father, gentlemen, and my neighbour’s cat’s graves that I’m not making this up.” Dahyun asserted firmly. “You can stay here and confirm my words. They should be out again at 3 AM tonight!”

“You mean next morning?” Chaeyoung jabbed playfully, but Dahyun was in no mood for teases.

“Please, just sleepover and see for yourself.” Dahyun begged on her knees literally.

 

Jeongyeon gave Chaeyoung a hesistant look, but Potter was already sold. The younger was more than willing to stay for the night.

Since it was still the weekends tomorrow, the oldest female ultimately agreed to join in the sudden slumber party- primarily so that her friends wouldn’t do stupid sh*t and get themselves killed.

 

 


 

 

It was almost 3 AM when most of the liquor bottles and pizza boxes were empty.

The girls had returned to their movie marathon, trying their best to stay awake despite the drowsiness from all the drinks.

 

“Oi, you’re the one who wanted to see ghosts.” Jeongyeon gave the half-asleep Chaeyoung a brutal kick which successfully woke her right back up.

“Dahyun-unnie.” Chaeyoung hissed from her sore while shaking her other friend by the shoulders, yet it was already too late.

Dahyun was out cold thanks to the alcohol within her system plus the lateness of the time.

The home owner’s usual sleeping schedule had somehow restored itself and now it was impossible to wake her back up again.

She was an incredibly heavy and stubborn sleeper, and her friends knew.

 

The youngest of the trio eventually abandoned her on the cold, hard floor.

She had to focus on remaining awake herself.

“Play something quick, unnie. I need to scare myself awake.”

Jeongyeon adjusted her position on the sofa beside the sleepy Chaeyoung as she continued to look through Netflix’s menu for another movie, being quite a picky audience.

 

It was that moment when it became 3 AM.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t bother herself checking the time since she was busy pinching her own cheeks, desperately trying to prevent herself from crashing like the bunny girl.

She was determined to see some ghosts whether if her eyelids were against the idea or not.

 

Just when Chaeyoung almosted dozed off, she felt a harsh slap on her left cheek.

“Ow- what the heck, Jeongyeon-unnie?” Chaeyoung winced as she cupped her face, “That actually hurt!”

“Huh?” the older raised an eyebrow in confusion, “The hell are you talking about?”

“Don’t act dumb, you’re the only other conscious person within the room. I know it’s you.”

“I have no idea what you’re saying right now, Chaeng.”

“You always act dumb whenever you do stuff like this, you big fat liar.” the Harry Potter-wannabe muttered, though she eventually let it slide.

She thought the female Pinocchio had wanted to help her achieve her goal of not dozing off, since Jeongyeon’s ways of doing things could be extreme and weird at times.

 

But the peace didn’t last very long as it was Jeongyeon’s turn to hiss in pain from the stinging sensation on her cheek.

“Yah- what is wrong with you?!” she scowled, “I told you I didn’t do anything!”

“I didn’t do anything either!” Chaeyoung now argued back, being just as confused to how Jeongyeon was.

“You’re merely acting for revenge, aren’t you?”

“I swear, unnie, I didn’t move a single muscle!”

“Then who on Earth slapped me?!”

“Me.”

 

The two simultaneously turned their heads slowly towards the direction of the sudden third voice.

The voice was unfamilar to them. It definitely didn’t belong to Dahyun.

But it couldn’t be anyone else other than her since there’s only three of them in the room.

 

Both of their eyes widened at least two times larger from their original size upon witnessing the true culprit.

A girl in a witch costume was standing beside Chaeyoung, smirking delightfully at the scene before her.

“Hello babes- oh hey nice costume.” the girl pointed to Chaeyoung with a tilt of her head.

“T-Thanks.”

“How the heck did you enter?!” Jeongyeon spluttered in confusion.

“I’m a witch. I can teleport.”

 

The oldest girl out of the human trio immediately went to check Dahyun’s front door, but to her surprise it was still locked securely.

She then went around the whole house, checking for any unlocked windows.

They were all also locked securely.

Heck, Jeongyeon could recall herself locking them up with Dahyun a while ago when the sun had begun to set.

The girls knew how to protect themselves from potential danger, which is why the situation was even more peculiar-

 

Because somehow that mysterious female had made her way inside the apartment, slapped both of their cheeks without them seeing her, all without making a single sound nor used any possible entrances.

 

 

“Who are you and why are you here?” Chaeyoung became the one to wield the metal backscratcher, standing up against the intruder bravely. “Are you Dahyun’s stalker or something?!”

“Hmm… I do like bunnies since I can relate to them, but she’s not exactly my type.” the mysterious witch hummed as she glanced at the sleeping home-owner.

Her gaze then landed on something else, make her lips arch into a smirk.

She’s more of my type.” she addressed while pointing directly at Yoo Jeongyeon, who had just made her way back to the living room after checking on the windows.

The female Pinocchio found herself looking back and forth between the two girls in confusion since she missed out on their conversation.

 

“Still- who the heck are you?!” Chaeyoung tried to ignore the fact her friend was just hit on right in front of her face.

She extended the backscratcher further towards the stranger in defence, threatening to make a move.

“Woah woah hold it tiger- I told you, I’m merely a witch who’s trying to enjoy my break, okay?” the unknown female raised both of her arms half-way up in surrender, “My name’s Im Nayeon. Let’s be friends, what do you ladies say?”

“You can’t just barge into someone’s party and ask to be our friends, Im Nayeon-sshi.” Jeongyeon commented in annoyance, “You need to leave. I don’t know how you got in here but you were uninvited, which means you’re trespassing right now. You wouldn’t want me to call the police.”

 

Nayeon stared at Jeongyeon blankly for a few seconds before her lips arched right back into her sly grin.

“You’re a feisty one, aren’t you?” she her lips while approaching Pinocchio, but Chaeyoung blocked her path with the backscratcher.

The shorter girl’s movement caught her attention, resulting her smile to become wider in amusement. “You too, I guess. I’d love to put you both under my charm spe-”

“IM NAYEON!”

 

Out of nowhere a loud voice bellowed out, instantly causing the two friends to scream out a duet while they clung onto one another desperately.

They couldn’t locate the source of the new unfamiliar voice no matter how hard they tried to look around their surroundings.

 

Without giving their heart a break from the spooks, a girl appeared out of thin air.

For whatever the reason, she chose to pop out right before Jeongyeon’s face.

Pinocchio then fainted.

Chaeyoung didn’t even have the spare time to laugh at her friend as she was left clinging onto her lifeless body with a struggle.

She realised she had to deal with both of the intruders alone now her friends were all unconscious in there own ways.

 

The newest addition to the party seemed to have her attention focused on a single person.

Her glaring eyes made Chaeyoung gulp in fright.

 

“Nayeon-unnie, I told you not to wander off and bother people like this! What were you thinking?!”

“Hey, at least I appeared without them knowing, Park Jihyo. You popped up right in front of their faces and now look what you’ve done.” Nayeon argued as she pointed towards the unconscious Jeongyeon who was now on the floor beside Dahyun’s sleeping body.

Chaeyoung’s arms had given up on her so she dropped her friend carelessly.

She didn’t have the energy to feel sorry for that either.

 

Jihyo blinked her large eyes a few times before face-palming herself. “… Dang, I screwed up.”

“See? You have no rights to scold me.”

“Still, I knew you’d do something stupid on Halloween though.” Jihyo scowled before turning to face the sole survivor of the trio, whose legs were now shaking uncontrollably from both nervousness and excitement.

The poor wizard-wannabe still had no clue on what was going on, yet she was sure of a single thing:

 

No human was capable of appearing out of thin air.

 

“Are you two ghosts?!” Chaeyoung squealed out. In the end, that was still the only thing she was curious about.

“Pfft, I wish I was dea- OUCH.” Nayeon’s arm got smacked harshly before she could even finish her sentence.

Jihyo gave her a glare before answering herself. “No sweetie, we are very much alive thank you.” she answered, “But unfortunately for you, you’ll be forgetting about this soon.”

 

“W-WAIT!” Chaeyoung dropped her weapon to surrender, “Please don’t kill me! I still have so much to live for!”

The two girls paused for a few seconds, simply blinking at the small female.

A light-hearted laughter broke the short silence.

 

“We’re not murderers, silly.” Nayeon approached the short girl, flicking her forehead gently. “Like I’ve said, we’re witches.”

“Witches? But like, for real?” Chaeyoung now beamed, her fascination overpowering her fear in their abilities. “Do you guys really travel on a flying broom?”

“Some do, just to keep the tradition alive or to be extra, but personally I don’t. It hurts- if you know what I mean.”

“Why do you even bother explaining, Nayeon-unnie? We need to erase her memories right now.” Park Jihyo sighed at her friend’s untameable cheekiness.

Her words successfully caught the human’s attention.

 

“Wait what.” Chaeyoung hastily picked up the backscratcher from the floor again, somewhat shielding herself with it. “No no no, please don’t make me forget this- it has been my dream to encounter supernatural beings!” she now begged sincerely, making the two witches look at one another.

For once they didn’t know what to do thanks to the absurd request, since most people were the exact opposite.

They begged to have their memories erased as they didn’t want to remember their shocking encounter with the supernatural beings.

Witches were also considered evil beings by the majority, thus most people wouldn’t want to get themselves involved with one.

Son Chaeyoung just happened to be part of the minority.

 

Thankfully for the curious human, the duo before her were known to be the cheekiest witches who never really obeyed the orders of their leaders.

It wouldn’t add much damage to their reputation if they ignored the common rules again-

Since they didn’t have much of a reputation to begin with anyways.

 

“Fine. I’ll spare you and your friends’ life.” Nayeon nodded proudly.

Memories.” Jihyo corrected, “But don’t expect to see us ever again. We’re not going to act so foolishly anymore, right unnie?”

“Wrong. I’ll visit.” Nayeon answered immediately.

Jihyo was now looking at her in horror. Chaeyoung beamed at her in amusement.

“What? I like that tall one.” the older witch pointed at Jeongyeon, who was still very unconscious from the shock.

“Im Nayeon, I swear to God you’re going to get yourself beheaded…” Jihyo muttered in disbelief, “But whatever, we must go now. Time’s almost up.”

 

Nayeon took a peek at the clock that was hung onto the wall, and indeed the devil’s hour was almost over.

They had four minutes left until they were supposed to return from their break.

 

“Anyways, say hi to your cute friend for me when she wakes up, okay?” Nayeon winked at Chaeyoung who was still beaming in joy from their conversation; she looked like a child who had just met their favourite superhero.

Well, she couldn’t be blamed.

She had conversed with two real witches while dressed up as a wizard.

 

One witch complimented her costume.

That witch also openly flirted at her friend.

The other spared her life and memories.

 

Chaeyoung felt like she could now die in peace.

… Well not really.

 

Not yet.

 

 

 

She still didn’t get to meet the actual ghosts.