The Second Chaos

Devil's Hour - 3 AM

And thus, the party official began.

 

Just like their first gathering as a whole, Dahyun and Jeongyeon filled up all nine cups.

Chaeyoung was the one to remind them about the ghost’s participation again, resulting Nayeon to cast her spell for the two.

Tzuyu still stared at her drink in disgust, and Mina still found her adorable.

 

With everyone having their own plastic cup filled up, the girls cheered to their unexpected and absurd friendship.

 

Of course, the nosiest trio downed their first cup in one gulp as if it was an unspoken rule they’ve made up.

Chaeyoung tried her best to follow suit but ended up failing as some liquid went down the wrong pipe from chugging too fast.

Dahyun had to pat her on the back to help her with not choking to death.

Mina simply sat there and giggled since her girlfriend already had assistance.

Momo was busy chatting with Sana in their mother-tongue to notice anything- nor would she have cared in the first place.

Tzuyu was listening attentively to their conversation, trying her best to pick up any Japanese words that she recognises.

 

And with more rounds of liquor and chit-chats, the living room gradually got rowdier.

 

 

“Confess the goddamn truth, Yoo Jeongyeon!” Nayeon spluttered, her loud voice travelling across the whole house.

“What truth?”

“That you had seriously thought about going after Mina before I seduced you successfully!”

“Wha- why does that even matter anymore?!

“Because she’s really pretty and I’m offended!”

“Um… I’m sorry…?” the demon called out from the dining room table, the location to where the others had escaped to in order to avoid the loud girls’ chaotic mess.

 

“Why are you apologising, Mina-ya…” Jihyo shook her head in disbelief. “Careful with your reply though, Yoo Jeongyeon. There’s a baby tiger waiting to pounce if you slip up.”

Chaeyoung rubbed her hands together as she awaited for the barista’s answer.

“Rawr, motherf*cker.”

 

“How did we even end up at this topic?!” Jeongyeon cried, “Dahyun, help me out man.”

“Um… you did?”

“Not by answering for me, you dimwit!”

“So you did cheat on me!”

“You said it was before we got toge- ARGH!” the barista groaned out in pain as Chaeyoung threw herself onto Jeongyeon’s body without a warning, crushing her on the sofa.

Nayeon applauded before joining in, sandwiching them all beneath her.

Sana followed suit and didn’t find her ghost body sinking straight into the pile of girls, thanks to Nayeon’s magic.

She seemed very happy to participate.

 

“What the heck’s wrong with all of them…” Tzuyu sighed as she watched on besides Mina, “And you guys consider them as friends? All these crack-heads?”

“Please, I know how you think of them as your friends too, Chewy.” Momo smirked, “You’re definitely a bigger tsundere than Jeongyeon.”

“Don’t compare me to- wait, you can’t pronounce my name either?”

“What? I can. Chewy.”

“No, it’s Tzuyu.”

“That’s what I said. Chewy.”

“Oh my God.”

“Right, Minari? I pronounced it correctly, right?”

“Try again?”

“Chewy.”

“…. Well, you deserve an A for effort, I suppose.”

“See? Minari agrees with me.”

 

“Barely.” Dahyun chuckled softly at her partner. “Why is your name so difficult for Japanese people to pronounce?”

“Beats me.” the younger ghost shrugged. “I’m sure Mina-unnie could say it correctly though, right?” she glanced at the demon with hope in her eyes.

“Um… ” Mina blinked back. “Tzuyu?”

“Thank ing Go- I mean, thank Satan? Is that who you guys bless?”

“Aren’t you a precious one.” Momo snickered as she ruffled the young female’s hair, making her frown from the mess.

 

After resuming back to their own conversations for a while, Jihyo suddenly went over to the group at the dining table.

She successfully gained their attention as she placed a hand onto Mina’s shoulder.

“Mina-ya, you’ve been summoned over.” she announced out of nowhere. “Please prepare yourself.”

 

The demon looked at the other girls weirdly, but she still ended up making her way to the group in the living room.

The rest of the girls from the dining room watched on with curiosity.

Tzuyu was already shaking her head.

 

Mina scanned through the faces of the new bunch of females before her and still couldn’t figure out what was going on.

Jeongyeon seemed to be done with the world.

Chaeyoung was trying to hold back her laughter, her cheeks red and eyes watery.

Jihyo had now returned to her seat next to Jeongyeon and was sipping on her drink casually.

Before Mina could look at Nayeon, she found herself flinching when the exact witch grabbed onto her arm abruptly.

 

“T-T-Take care of this idiot for me, please…” the older witch was sniffling, making Mina’s eyes widen in both surprise and confusion.

“Um… what happened here?”

“Nayeon-unnie convinced herself that Jeongyeon-unnie wants to break up with her and go after you instead.” Chaeyoung snorted, “Don’t ask me how she did it. I’m just enjoying the show.”

“If it makes you feel better, Nayeon-sshi, I’m already taken.” Mina tried to comfort, but the witch merely shook her head sadly.

“Who knows if you and the baby cub have an open relationship or not…”

 

“I’m not thinking of sharing what’s mine, Nayeon-unnie.” Chaeyoung instantly answered for her.

“But what if you fall for my honey too and you both agree to go poly?!”

“Im Nayeon, stop imagining all these unnecessary and non-existent relationships.” Jihyo smacked the back of her head, “How the heck are you so messed up already? We’ve barely even started.”

“I’m extra emotional because we’re talking about my honey!”

You’re the one who started to talk about me, .” Jeongyeon huffed as she munched on some crisps.

“Because you’re all that’s in my mind recently!”

 

“Oh ew- please don’t start spewing lovey-dovey lines at each other. I’m not looking forward to puking just yet.” Chaeyoung made a face, resulting Mina to giggle while slapping her arm lightly.

“Pfft- you’re just jealous because neither you nor Mina have the guts to say stuff like this without burning your face off from shyness.” Nayeon scoffed. “Unlike me and my honey- I have the confidence to say whatever the heck I want while Jeongyeon simply ignores everything I say.”

“Weird flex, but okay…?” Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow at the weird witch, but simply shrugged it off with more laughter soon afterwards.

They were all secretly appreciative of the biggest crack-head of the group and the chaos she brings.

She truly made their gatherings entertaining and enjoyable for all beings.

 


Kim Dahyun, who naturally felt a responsibility to not get wasted due to being the host of the gathering- despite it being the ghosts’ idea, made sure to watch over all of her guests.

So far into the party, she has had the least to drink.

Oh, and Tzuyu too.

She still prefers juices over liquor.

 

The home-owner kept herself busy by taking care of the other girls while they chatted on, knowing how things could get out of hand really quickly.

“Please control your alcohol intake, Nayeon. You can’t get wasted without spending some time with my ghosts.” Dahyun informed as they all reunited in the living room, “You guys are here right now because of their request.”

‘Nayeon’? You’re just going to suddenly drop the honorifics with me?” the older witch grabbed her face and squished her soft cheeks. “Mind you, I’m pretty sure I’m older than a university junior.”

 

“S-Sorry, Nayeon-unnie.” Dahyun mumbled sheepishly as Momo joined in her cheek-squishing.

“How old are you witches anyways?” Chaeyoung asked before finishing another cup, “Do you guys age in the same speed as humans, or can you live until you’re like, 1000 years old?”

“Yes, Nayeon-unnie’s actually 1217 years old.” Jihyo answered with a straight face, resulting Jeongyeon to choke on her drink.

Chaeyoung didn’t spare any time to laugh at her friend.

“Dude- your girlfriend’s ancient as !”

 

Excuse you- I am not 1217 years old, what the heck?” Nayeon scoffed with a hand placed on her chest, offended by her friend’s remark, “Our lifespan is the same as normal humans, thank you very much. We’re basically humans but blessed with magical powers, so we’re cooler than you losers.”

“Gosh, who on Earth are we supposed to trust?” Dahyun chuckled as she looked back and forth between the two ghosts who were staring at each other intensely.

 

After a brief and random staring-battle, Jihyo eventually gave in.

“Alright, sorry. Nayeon-unnie’s actually 23 years old and I’m 21.”

“Wait- you’re the same age as me?!” Momo gasped out loud, “I’ve always thought that you were a lot older!”

“Because she acts like a mum? Can’t blame ya.” Nayeon nodded and earned herself another smack on the head. “That’s child abuse, mum.”

 

“This conversation is meaningless guys- of course I’m the oldest one here.” Sana exclaimed as she flipped her hair fabulously. “I’ve lived for 21 years and have been dead for 81!”

The other girls blinked at the ghost blankly, unable to argue against her point.

Tzuyu’s lips arched into a grin.

“Then I guess I’m actually the second oldest.”

 

“No, you’ll forever be a baby in our eyes no matter if you’re actually 99 years old by now.” Dahyun snickered as she patted the young ghost on the head, finally capable of touching her thanks to the spell.

Tzuyu wriggled away from the human’s hand and instead squeezed herself in between Sana and Mina, her body sticking closer towards the demon.

Mina instinctively patted her head and Tzuyu leaned into the touch, sticking out her tongue at Dahyun.

Sana giggled and leaned onto her friend’s body comfortably, the three of them snuggling on the floor by the coffee table.

 

“By the way, why did you two ask for a gathering with all of us?” Momo suddenly asked after recalling Dahyun’s comment from before.

“Did you really miss us that much?” Nayeon also chimed as she wriggled her eyebrows playfully. “I know I can be addicting, but please try to control yourselves. I’m taken.”

“Damn, I wish I can become Im Nayeon for a day to see what’s going on in her mind.” Tzuyu sneered, causing the other girls to laugh out loud.

“Amen to that.” Chaeyoung grinned, “Remember when you always ask if Dahyun-unnie and I were high when we spout out nonsense? I think your honey’s definitely on some hard stuff.” she then turned to Jeongyeon, who was shaking her head slowly.

“You’ll just have to get used to it, unfortunately.” the oldest human sighed, “But yeah, I’m also curious to why we were gathered back here again. There has to be a reason, right?”

 

 

Everyone’s attention were now on the two ghosts.

Sana’s peaceful smile instantly faded away from her face.

She could feel Tzuyu’s body tense up also.

 

They weren’t expecting for this to happen so soon.

They had wanted to enjoy the girls’ company for a little longer, yet it seemed like they were being edged to reveal the truth already.

Their time was up.

 

The ghosts sat themselves up properly, with Sana staring at her own thighs while Tzuyu held onto both Sana and Mina’s hand, squeezing them tightly.

The others instantly noticed the shift in their mood, resulting them to also tense up in both confusion and nervousness.

Based on their expression, it seemed like the reason behind the gathering was going to be ugly.

 

 

“Y-You see-” Sana attempted to speak up in front of them all, yet she found her voice getting stuck in the middle of .

She merely wanted to announce her preparation of moving on since she was still waiting for Dahyun’s confirmation about completing her favour.

She thought it would be something easy to say, yet it was way harder than she had anticipated.

It made her fear for the day where she’d have to say goodbye to them all for real.

 

The seven girls didn’t dare to speak up and waited patiently for Sana to continue, but she simply couldn’t speak up anymore.

Mina felt her palm getting squeezed even tighter by the other ghost, making her want to hiss in pain.

But she held it in as she felt the girl tremble.

 

 

“There’s something I’d like to announce.”

 

 

Everyone’s attention turned to the other ghost who suddenly spoke up instead.

Even Sana was surprised.

She didn’t know Tzuyu had something to say, since her friend didn’t mention anything when they were planning out the gathering together.

She found herself feeling curious yet also scared about what’s to come.

 

“W-What is it…?” Dahyun asked slowly, fully aware that something was wrong.

They weren’t like this a few minutes ago.

Just a moment ago they were all still laughing with one another happily, but now she could sense their nervousness from where she was standing.

It was suffocating.

 

Tzuyu finally released her grip from both Sana and Mina’s hands.

There was a red handprint on the demon’s palm, but she ignored it and kept her attention focused on the tall ghost.

Tzuyu let out a deep sigh before opening again.

 

“This gathering is actually a planned farewell party.”

 

“W-What?” Chaeyoung instantly gasped in shock. “Where are you guys going?”

“Nowhere.” Tzuyu shook her head. “We’re moving on. Probably right after my announcement.”

 

“Hold the up- so you gathered us here just to ditch our asses for good?” Nayeon stepped up and approached the girls on the sofa. “First of all, how dare yo-”

“Im Nayeon, now’s not the right timing for your usual bull-crap.” Jihyo tried to pull her back by the wrist, but the older witch simply shook it free.

“You’re expecting us to let you go without ugly crying? Why on Earth would you want to see that?!”

 

It was when Nayeon’s voice cracked that the others realised how she had teared up.

They were all fairly surprised by the witch’s reaction.

No one knew she’d actually care for the ghosts so much that her waterworks were going off again.

 

“I’ve already cried twice today and now you’re forcing me to go for a round three… you guys are seriously too much…”

Jeongyeon quickly pulled her girlfriend into a warm embrace.

Nayeon tried her best to calm herself down, but her tears were already soaking Jeongyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Chewy…” Sana was finally capable of speaking up again, “You’re also ready to move on soon?”

“Not soon.” Tzuyu turned her head and made eye-contact with her friend. “Now.”

 

“W-What’s going on?” Momo stammered in shock, “Why all of a sudden…?”

“Sana-unnie wanted to move on from the spirit world together, just like how we left your world at the same time.” the younger ghost answered the demi-demon calmly, “We didn’t want to leave each other behind.”

“But Chewy, I’m still waiting for something…” Sana glanced at Dahyun as she spoke.

 

Her eyes widened as she saw her human housemate’s eyes water up.

It was then she realised that the deed had already been done.

But for some reasons Dahyun kept it from her.

 

Of course, the reason was because of Tzuyu.

 

“I read it. Your letter.” the tall ghost confirmed her speculations immediately.

Sana turned her head back to look at the female, her face expressing both shock and shyness.

Tzuyu only had a shy smile on her face.

 

“Y-You read it…”

“I didn’t want Dahyun to tell you just yet, because I also didn’t want you to leave me first.”

“B-But…” Sana’s face flushed pink, “I still can’t move on without an answer…”

 

“What the heck is going on?” Nayeon hissed towards Dahyun in between her sobs. “There’s a strong between those two.”

“The way you put it…” Dahyun sighed while shaking her head, “But… I can’t say that you’re completely wrong.”

“Wait what-

 

“I know. That’s why I waited until we’re all gathered here.” Tzuyu took both of Sana’s hand into her own.

The older ghost’s heart started thumping violently within her chest.

Tzuyu’s face was still pretty calm and emotionless, making it difficult for Sana to guess what she had to say.

She was getting incredibly nervous.

 

 

“Chewy, I-”

 

“I like you too, unnie.”

 

 

 

Silence dwelled upon Kim Dahyun’s house as everyone apart from the letter-deliverer, Mina and Tzuyu herself, took in the sudden confession.

The other two humans’ jaw had dropped to the floor.

Jihyo’s paused her own movements abruptly, causing her to accidentally suffocate her fellow witch as her hand blocked Nayeon’s nostrils with a piece of tissue.

Nayeon was holding in her breath from the shock anyways, thus she didn’t even care.

Momo’s large eyeballs seemed like they were about to pop out of their sockets.

 

It took a full minute before anyone could respond.

And it was still Tzuyu who spoke.

 

 

“I really do like you, Sana-unnie.”

“B-B-But is it like-”

“Not like how we usually say it, but as an adult. Like the woman I’ve become.” Tzuyu replied by quoting the words from Sana’s letter, resulting the two of them to blush at the same time.

 

Mina now had her hands covering , her lips arching into a proud smile.

Dahyun was also chuckling from the young ghost’s witty response, yet her eyes contradicted her smile as tears started dripping down onto her cheeks.

 

“So...” Sana blinked happily at the girl before her, still waiting for something.

Tzuyu couldn’t quite catch her hint and tilted her head slightly in confusion.

Nayeon let out a loud groan from the young ghoul’s ignorance.

 

“Ask her out, !”

“Stop ruining other people’s sweet moment, !” Jihyo instantly slapped the back of her friend’s head, causing her to bow down from the force.

Thankfully Jeongyeon was beside her to pull her back up, but she proceeded to pinch her girlfriend’s cheeks as a punishment also.

Nayeon knew to hold in the pain no matter how much it stung.

 

Tzuyu’s eyes now wavered in embarrassment as Sana giggled softly from her shyness.

The older girl was still waiting patiently, making Tzuyu clear out .

 

“Um… will you go out with me?”

 

The bystanders held in their shrieks as their gaze quickly switched to the other ghost.

Sana’s lips couldn’t help but to stretch out into a wide grin.

Her hands slipped out of Tzuyu’s and cupped the girl’s soft cheeks instead.

 

 

“I’d love to, Chewy.”

 

 

It was when the ghosts had their sweet first kiss that the others let out their screams of joy, no longer caring about Dahyun’s poor neighbours.

Even the home-owner didn’t give a single .

She was too busy being happy for her ghosts to give a damn.

 

Yet, a sudden white glow that surrounded the new lovers disrupted their celebration.

Everyone but the witches and ghosts stared at the glowing light in confusion.

Sana and Tzuyu parted their lips and glanced back at them with a peaceful expression.

 

“Thank you guys,” Sana spoke softly, her warm gaze landing onto Dahyun’s eyes. “for giving us such a happy ending.”

Tzuyu turned her head to the timid demon beside her, also giving her a gentle smile.

 

None of the other girls knew how to react.

But before anyone could say another word-

 

 

The two vanished into thin air, right before their eyes.