The Second Gathering

Devil's Hour - 3 AM

After cleaning up her house so that it was presentable for her upcoming six guests, Dahyun sat back down onto the sofa to watch some TV with her ghosts while they waited for 3 AM to arrive.

She let the younger ghost decide on what to watch while she personally switched the channels for her- since the ghosts couldn’t use the remote themselves.

 

She didn’t expect them to end up watching Pingu though.

Dahyun’s heart burst out major uwus for Tzuyu.

So did Sana’s.

 

At exactly 3 in the morning, the three females heard the doorbell go off.

Dahyun hastily got up to unlock the door for her first guest, and just like she had expected, Chaeyoung was the first to arrive with her bagful of snacks.

What Dahyun had not expected was how she was accompanied by the demons, with one standing on each side of the petite human as if they were her demon bodyguards.

 

“Amazed by our superb timing yet?”

“Didn’t we arrive a few minutes early but you insisted on waiting until it was three?”

“Yah- why are you exposing ourselves, Mina-unnie?!”

 

“Wow I’m so impressed. You’re incredible, bud.” Dahyun praised with zero sincerity, making Chaeyoung jab her waist with her pointy elbow as she made her way inside. “But did you guys meet on you way here? I wasn’t expecting to see you all together.”

“No. Chaeyoungie came over to have a quick date with Minari, so I was forced to third-wheel at our own dorm until we all left together.” Momo instantly snitched as her eyes rolled upwards from going through two hours of torture.

“You’re just jealous because Dahyun-unnie wasn’t there for you to cuddle.” Chaeyoung sneered back as she started to take the snacks out from the plastic bags.  “Well go ahead, unnie, she’s right there.”

 

Puffing her cheeks from the human’s teases, Momo still went and wrapped her arms around Dahyun’s neck.

Dahyun’s brain had already stopped functioning properly from hearing what Momo had said, but now it was fully shutting down from the demi-demon’s loving touch.

Mina, who had been listening quietly from the side until now, smiled at her best friend apologetically while patting Tzuyu’s head gently.

The young ghost seemed to be enjoying the gentle affection greatly, making Sana giggle secretly at her adorableness beside them.

 

“Sorry Momorin. I’ll treat you to some jokbal next week if that could make you feel better.” the demon spoke up softly.

Momo’s eyes instantly sparkled in joy from the proposition. “Oh gosh, yes please.”

“Wait- so you two got together at last?!” Dahyun finally exclaimed after snapping back into reality, “Since when?!”

“Right after I sumo-tackled Mina-unnie.” Chaeyoung paused her movements and glared at Momo. “Apparently I was brainwashed by a demon who forced me to kiss her.”

The demi-demon stuck her tongue out playfully. “You’re welcome, Chaeyoungie.”

 

“She actually sumo-tackled you?” Dahyun tried her best to hold back her laughter. “This midget of ours?”

“Yes- and she was surprisingly strong, too.” Mina started giggling from recalling the weird but amusing incident.

“Oh? So Chaeyoungie’s trying to become a professional sumo wrestler?” Sana suddenly commented from the side, making the girls cackle up from her randomness.

“With her size, she’s going to get obliterated by her opponents, unnie.” Tzuyu wheezed. “Like, she’s going to get rolled flat into a 2D character in five seconds.”

“Yah- how weak do you think I am?! I can put up a decent fight!” Chaeyoung whined to the girls at the living room from the kitchen.

 

“I mean, Momo’s brainwashed version of Chaeyoungie could probably become one.” Mina answered in between her giggles.

“But the actual Son Chaeyoung’s too fragile and short?” Tzuyu instantly inserted a jab, triggering Sana to join in their laughing fit.

“Shut up, long-legged ghost!”

“Chaeyoungie! That wasn’t very nice of you to say to Chewy. Please apologise!”

“You’re not the boss of me, ghoul.”

“Chaeyoungie.”

“Sorry.”

 

Mina had to calm herself down from her uncontrollable giggles before she could speak up again. “Hmm… I think the real Chaeyoungie’s simply too nice to actually fight anyone.” she tried her best to comfort her petite girlfriend.

It didn’t really work though.

Instead it made Dahyun choke on her own saliva.

 

“Pfft- she only acts nice and gentle in front of you, Mina-unnie.” the home-owner sneered, “You don’t know how many times she has kicked my since junior high. Even I lost count.”

“Dahyun-unnie, quit being a snitch!” Chaeyoung hissed in embarrassment, “You deserved most of those kicks in the first place anyways!”

“See? She’s a feisty little tiger.”

“A tiger cub! So cute!” Sana squealed as she skipped to Chaeyoung’s side, pretending to poke her cheeks despite being unable to touch her.

“I-I’m not cute! How dare you say that!” the youngest human tried her best to protest, wanting to be feared rather than getting pampered like a baby.

 

 

Luckily for Chaeyoung, her teasing session soon ended thanks to the doorbell letting out another chime.

Dahyun shuffled quickly to the entrance, just to find herself getting surprised again.

 

It was Yoo Jeongyeon who had arrived-

With Nayeon clinging tightly onto her left arm.

 

“You really did bring her with you, huh.” Dahyun chucked at Jeongyeon’s exhausted expression.

“You’re treating me steak next weekend.”

“Sure sure, whatever you say, unnie.

 

Im Nayeon then released her grip on the barista and instead pounced onto the small home-owner.

“Hello cutie pie!” the witch hummed before she planted a kiss onto the girl’s cheek, causing Dahyun to blush from her sudden European-styled greeting.

Jeongyeon instantly pulled the witch back and flicked her shiny forehead with force, causing her to let out a tiny yelp.

Nayeon flicked her right back.

 

Before Dahyun could even react to the duo’s sudden forehead-flicking competition, she found herself getting pulled backwards also.

Her body ending up leaning against someone’s torso.

Dahyun blinked as she saw Momo glaring straight at the witch’s face, her hands wrapping themselves tightly around her petite body.

 

“Back off, Im Nayeon. She’s mine.” the demi-demon warned, making the witch snicker in amusement.

“Oh? I didn’t expect you to be a possessive one, how sweet. My honey would give me away as a free gift in a heartbeat.”

“Because you wouldn’t stop bugging me while I’m trying to work.” Jeongyeon scowled as she squeezed past the girls to join the others in the living room. “I swear you’re going to get me fired someday, Im Nayeon.”

“Hey, your sad store never gets any customers during you night shifts anyways! Aren’t you glad that I keep you in company?!”

“I’d like some peace and quiet once in a while, thank you very much.”

 

“Don’t be fooled, Nayeon-sshi. Jeongyeon-unnie always act as if she hates something, but truthly she enjoys it.” Chaeyoung smirked while her oldest friend’s eyes widened in shock.

“HA- I knew it!” Nayeon grinned towards the barista, whose cheeks were now blushing furiously from shyness.

“Oh? Jeongyeon-chan is a tsundere I see.” Momo marvelled, causing the other Japanese girls to also laugh.

“Tsun- what the heck even is that?!” Jeongyeon cried from all of their teases.

“Does that mean she’s a masochist?” Tzuyu suddenly asked, making her fellow ghost gasp out loud.

“Chewy! Where did you learn such vocabulary?!” Sana slapped her arm lightly, “And no, they’re not quite the same thing.”

 

“Can we like, move on and start drinking already?” Nayeon let out a big yawn, “I need something to fuel me up. The party don’t start ’til Im Nayeon is drunk, haven’t ya’ll heard?”

“No, and no.” Jeongyeon replied emotionlessly.

Mina scooched herself closer to Tzuyu to make room for the barista on the sofa, to which Jeongyeon gladly took a seat.

That unfortunately triggered Nayeon to automatically sit on her lap.

 

“Bug off, you chubby bunny! You’re cutting off all the blood flow in my legs!”

“RUDE! I’m not that heavy, okay?! It’s you who have weak- legs!”

“Well, can you please get off of my weak- legs, buck teeth?”

“Ugh, super rude. Dahyun darling, can you grab me a bottle so I could drink this sorrow away?”

 

Dahyun chuckled from the duo’s comedic interations. “Wait just a little longer, please. Jihyo’s still not her-”

“I’m so sorry, Dahyun-ah! But no matter where I searched I just couldn’t fi-”

 

Dahyun’s body jerked violently when Park Jihyo suddenly popped out of nowhere.

Chaeyoung was the only one who screamed as Jeongyeon’s vision was blocked by Nayeon.

The other supernatural beings showed no reactions as usual-

 

Except for the other witch who was visibly panicking.

 

 

Jihyo had stopped herself mid-sentence as she was now staring at the person who she was about to mention.

Nayeon knew she was screwed.

Everyone knew based on the look on Jihyo’s face.

 

“H-Hey, Park Jihyo-sshi…”

“Yoo Jeongyeon, grab her.” Jihyo ordered as she cracked her knuckles.

The barista acted without a hint of hesitation. “Yes, ma’am.”

“Wha- you’re actually going to be on her side instead of mine?!”

Duh, of course.”

“Where’s the rope, Kim Dahyun?”

“There’s some in that cupboard over there!” Sana kindly replied instead, making Nayeon send out death glares to her.

The older ghost whimpered from the gaze and hid behind Tzuyu, who was smirking back the witch.

You’re dead meat.” the younger ghost mouthed, accompanied by a hand gesture across her neck.

Sana still managed to slap her hand away.

 

Jihyo took out the rope which glowed from her touch.

Nayeon gulped as she saw her approach.

“Hey hey hey, can’t we just talk this out, Jihyo dear?” the older witch attempted to wriggle herself away, but Jeongyeon’s grasp was simply stronger.

 

In the speed of light, Jihyo was already done with tying her whole body up.

Nayeon was now placed onto the floor since she was incapable of sitting up straight anymore.

 

“What was that?” Chaeyoung asked after she was finally finished with sorting out the drinks Jeongyeon had brought over. “You made the rope glow.”

“A spell to prevent this idiot from using magic to escape.” Jihyo answered as she squatted down to face the girl at eye-level.

She then reached into her back pocket and took out a rubber cockroach.

Nayeon instantly let out an ear-piercing scream upon seeing the fake bug, making everyone except Jihyo to flinch from the loudness of her voice.

 

“C-Can you like, not? I don’t want my neighbours to call the police on us.” Dahyun pled anxiously, resulting Jihyo to snap her fingers.

Instantly, Nayeon’s voice was muted.

She was obviously still screaming as was wide open, though gradually some tears began to fall out of her eyes.

 

Jeongyeon found herself being surprised from the girl’s extreme reaction.

She had no idea the infamous trickster was this afraid of bugs-

Like, she was screaming her lungs out over some rubber cockroach that didn’t even look super realistic.

 

“Im Nayeon, I’ll give you exactly three seconds to answer my question.” Jihyo addressed, “If you don’t do so by then, I’ll shove this roach up your nostril.”

Nayeon immediately shook her head desperately from hearing the idea.

Her face was now drenched with the mixture of both salty tears and snot.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were thrilled by the sight while most of the older females were starting to feel a little bad for the terrified witch.

Even Jeongyeon who enjoyed jabbing the hell out of her was concerned.

 

“Jihyo, you know she won’t be able to answer you because you’ve muted her voice, right?” Dahyun raised her eyebrow.

“Gosh, that’s true.” Jihyo face-palmed herself. “Then unnie, I’ll give you three seconds to nod your head as a promise to stop screaming, then I’ll give you another three seconds to answer my question.”

 

“Jihyo-ah, can you please just put the bug away? It really ain’t helping.” Jeongyeon finally decided to step in, surprising the witnesses.

“So you do have a soft spot for her.” Sana grinned happily, causing Jeongyeon to let out a soft sigh.

 

“I mean, it’s pretty hard to watch your girlfriend getting tortured right in front of your eyes.”

 

“Wait WHAT?!” everyone apart from Jihyo and Mina shrieked out in chorus from the breaking news-

Well, technically it wasn’t a ‘breaking news’ since they’ve been together for over a month now, yet the duo had simply forgotten to tell the rest about their newly formed relationship.

 

“Explanations, now!” Chaeyoung demanded, “When the heck did you two became a thing?!”

“Um… a few weeks ago, I think?” Jeongyeon shrugged.

“One month and three days.” Mina somehow managed to answer precisely for them, baffling the hell out of her own girlfriend.

 

“Y-You knew?!”

“Yes. I went to Jeongyeon’s café to seek for some help, and Nayeon-sshi showed up also. Eventually I caught on and they confirmed it on the spot.”

“And you’ve kept that fact from me all this time?! What sort of help did you even need for you to go to Jeongyeon-unnie?”

 

“I was never given the permission to tell anyone, and… u-um…” Mina’s face now flushed pink as she struggled to continue, making the barista chuckle at the side.

“She came to ask for help about you, . She was stressed out since you took so long to confess.”

“Oh.” Chaeyoung now blushed, the colour of her face matching the shy demon’s. “S-Sorry, Mina-unnie.” she then smiled shyly, resulting the demon’s heart to skip a beat from her adorableness.

 

“Is that why you’ve been disappearing so much, Im Nayeon?” Jihyo raised her brow at her fellow witch who nodded slowly. “Gosh, you’re really a pain in the sometimes…”

“She‘s been secretly visiting Jeongyeon at her work? That’s so sweet!” Sana squealed in delight as she stopped hiding behind the taller ghost.

Nayeon still attempted to give her another death glare, but her flustered expression made it look cute instead of intimidating.

Jihyo proceeded to untie the older witch, and with another snap of her fingers, Nayeon was capable of speaking again.

 

“I ing hate you, Yoo Jeongyeon.” was the first thing that came out of .

“Love you too, honey.” Jeongyeon smirked, causing the other girls to squeal in joy from their romance-

Except for Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who pretended to barf.

They gave each other a high-five afterwards, with Tzuyu’s hand going straight through Chaeyoung’s, of course.

 

“Look, Im Nayeon. I’m not mad from you spending some time with your girlfriend.” Jihyo then addressed to the pouting female. “I’d just appreciate it if you could give me a reason so I could morph it into an excuse for your absence. Do you know how hard it has been for me to come up with baseless lies?!”

“Sorry, mum.” Nayeon was finally capable of grinning happily after knowing how much her friend actually cared for her.

 

Her attention then shifted towards the drinks that were placed on top of the kitchen counter.

Just like their first gathering, her eyes lit up in joy.

 

 

“Can we finally start drinking now?”