Cutting the ropes

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back! sorry

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

Jinyoung stretched his arms and smiled as he glanced at the wall clock whose short hand is at five and the long one's at twelve. "Time to flee." He said as he shut his laptop down and closed it, putting it inside his satchel bag. 

He's not usually like this but maybe it's because he was tired from three operations which he led this day along with his trusted team of course. All were successful, thank God for that. As he gathered the folders which he just checked, he turned to look at Hyunjin who is at the small table in front of him.

"Done for today's work?" He asked the young intern who answered by giving him a thumbs up. "Yes, Doctor Park."

Jinyoung nodded and proceeded back to fixing his things. When he heard a scoff from behind him where Sungjae's table is situated. "Dr. Im, aren't you going to drive Doctor Park home?" His tone is somewhat suggesting and he could hear his smirk from his words.

Jaebum who is seated on the table next to him is also fixing his things. He took off his coat before answering the younger surgeon. "Well I could, if he would like me to." Turning to him, the older asked. "Jinyoung?"

To this, he just smiled while shaking his head. "Thank you but, me and Hyunjin will just take the bus." 

"Okay then. Have a safe trip." Jaebum regarded him with an equally bright smile. Jinyoung only smiled brighter.

"That's it?" They heard Sungjae once again. He has his hands lend out like he's waiting for something. "No insisting? You're just gonna let Jinyoung take the bus home and not drive him?"

"We both heard him, Sungjae. And besides it's not like he could not manage? Jinyoung will be fine, won't you?" Jinyoung nodded, so Jaebum just turned to Sungjae. "See? Nothing to worry about."

"But you like him, right?" 

"Yes I do." Jaebum's quick repsonse caught Jinyoung a bit off guard. Although they have talked about it the last time they went out and had an agreement already, it still surprises him how easily Jaebum talks about his feelings.

"So shouldn't you drive him home because you're courting him?"

Jinyoung almost choked at what he heard. Fortunately, Jaebum seemed to not be bothered by Sungjae at all. 

"No, I am not." Jaebum's eyes met his before he smiled. "We are just friends."

"No fun." Jinyoung could almost roll his eyes because of Sungjae's comment. But seeing Jaebum shrugging at him, like he is telling him to let the younger be, Jinyoung decides to let go.

That is when Do Woon decided to pry in. "But what happened after that night when we went out? I thought you already made a move with Jinyoung."

Now, Jinyoung did roll his eyes. These guys don't really know what minding your own life means, apparently. "We already talked about it and agreed that we're better off as friends. Stop pushing, okay?"

"Oh my god." Sungjae gasped. "I'm sorry Dr. Im, it must have been hard for you. Don't worry, we will help you move on from Jinyoung."

God, these guys. 

"You guys are over reacting." Jaebum snorts. "It's not as if Jinyoung broke my heart, okay? Yes, I like him but I guess I should just wait until I like someone else who will like me back too."

Jinyoung was about to return the smile Jaebum was giving him when someone entered their office, and his loud voice was enough to cut them all off from their kind of serious conversation.

"Jinyoung-ah!!!" 

And that would be Jackson, who is waving his hands at him too excitedly, like he really missed him, when just a while ago they have seen each other right outside the mansion. 

"Hey? What brought you here?" He chose to ask.

"What else? Of course I am here to fetch you, Jinyoungie. And Hyunjin here too." Jackson is now in front of him leaning on his table. 

"You really don't need to." 

"Well I want to. And besides..." Jackson trails looking at his left where Jaebum is, still fixing his things. "... I can't miss my chance of seeing my future boyfriend."

Jinyoung could just laugh at how Jackson said it loudly, which made him certain that the chinese has the intention to let Jaebum hear what he just said. He watched as Jackson transferred to the other table where Jaebum is, telling him a quick, "Wait a sec, okay?" Now the chinese is leaning on Jaebum's table, batting his eyelashes at the surgeon. 

"You're heading home now?" Jackson asked.

"Yes I am, since it's the end of my shift." Jaebum answered in a neutral voice.

"I could drive you home, you know? Drop you first before Jinyoung." The chinese said as he played with the car's keys. Jinyoung is sure it's one of the Tuan's cars since Jackson didn't bring his own all the way from L.A.

"I have a car." Jaebum said dryly before turning to face them. "I'll go ahead guys, see you tomorrow."  The older waves and walked past Jackson saying "Excuse me."

Sungjae and Do Woon also followed right after, leaving him and Hyunjin with a pouting Jackson. "That man is so cold towards me. Not fair."

Jinyoung shaked his head as he smiled at his own thought. Jaebum says a while ago that he needs to wait until someone likes him but it seems now that there is. All Jaebum needs to do is to allow himself to fall. He reached to tap Jackson's back. "He'll warm up to you too. You just have to be patient."

 

They were driving their way home when Jinyoung thought of asking where Mark is. Usually, it is Mark who drives or fetches them from the hospital. Sometimes Bambam and Jackson would come to, but this is the first time that it is Jackson alone who fetched them.

"Mark left earlier, before lunch and he hasn't been back yet."

They all ate dinner at their house. Mark is still not around. Jinyoung wanted to ask but it seemed like Bambam and Jackson has no idea about Mark's whereabouts. 

 

Jinyoung didn't wait on Mark. Of course he didn't. He just can't sleep yet. So he spent a couple of hours on his phone. When he heard a familiar sound of a car's engine, he checked the time and saw it's past eleven already. He glanced outside his window and saw as Mark parked his car inside the mansion. 

It is already late. Where has he been?

 

The next day, him and Hyunjin were greeted by Jackson who is standing beside the car he used to fetch them the day before. 

"He is sleeping and said he's tired." Jackson's answere when he asked about Mark. "Let's hurry because I want to look at Jaebum much longer."

That afternoon, when Jackson fetched them again, Jinyoung decided not to ask about where Mark is anymore, even though that same evening Mark also didn't join them for dinner, then later that night around the same time as last night, he saw Mark as the older just got out of his car and entered the mansion.

 

Everything happened repeatedly for the rest of the week.

 

**********

 

Jinyoung glanced up from his phone when he heard Jackson's voice as the chinese walks back to their table, now tugging at the hem of Mark's jacket. The older has his hands in his pockets, just letting his friend drag him towards the table where Jinyoung with the rest of their group is waiting.

"I'm really a good friend for not nagging at you because you were missing in action for the whole week, Mark. Now sit down." Jackson stood with his arms crossed at Mark.

They all saw how Mark sighed exasperatedly before sitting down on the vacant seat. 

"Hey, that's my seat." Jackson complained ad pointed at the seat beside Jinyoung. "That is your seat."

"A seat is a seat. I am already here so just sit beside Jinyoung." Mark said dismissing the chinese. 

Although he is grunting, Jackson did make his way towards the seat beside him and just sat there. "You're acting strange, but since I don't want to ruin this day, I will just let this go, Tuan."

Jinyoung didn't miss on how Mark rolled his eyes. Now Jinyoung also finds Mark's attitude weird. Was tehre something going on with the older? Is he okay? Jinyoung wants to ask but is also scared at how Mark might react. 

 

They were all gathered in this restaurant where they will eat late lunch. All of them including Youngjae and Hyunjin were here. If not for Jackson calling and probably annoying the hell out of Mark to come, they would not be complete. 

Jinyoung glanced at Mark who is reading the menu. "Are we not ordering?"

"We are still waiting for someone." Jackson quickly answered while texting on his phone.

"Who?"

"Jaebum." Jackson answered Mark's question but also surprised them all. He invited Jaebum? And wait-- they're texting one another? That was fast, huh? "Hey, don't glare at me!" Jackson raised his arms up, protectively from Mark. "He will come because I asked him out, not because of Jinyoung okay? Chill." 

He saw Mark sparing him a short glance before hissing at Jackson. "I'm not-"

But he was interrupted by Bambam. "You asked him out? Wow that's bold of you."

"But I don't think he said yes because you were asking. I think he agreed because he wants to see hyung." Yugyeom chimed in. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter