Behind those walls

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think this is only gonna be a short chapter... but it's better than nothing, right?

ღ .:*・゚♡゚・*:.ღ .♡.ღ .:*・゚♡゚・*:.ღ .♡.ღ .:*・゚♡゚・*:.ღ

 

"Isn't that too early for mornings?"

Jinyoung heard Sungjae (who just dyed his hair black, a few days ago, by the way) ask from behind his shoulder. Sungjae's table is situated behind his, and they're both facing the walls, so they have their back turned against each others'.

Looking behind him, he saw the twenty three year old eating a bag of dried chips, while staring at him. "Hmm?" He asked so the younger pointed his lips to the chocolate chip cookies on top of his table.

"Oh, this?" Jinyoung held it out for Sungjae to get some. "Jaebum gave it earlier. Want some?"

Disregarding his bag of chips and setting it aside on his table, Sungjae got one of the chocolate chip cookies he is giving out. "Don't mind if I do, since Doctor Im only owe this courtesy to you, and not me."

Hearing no sense from those words, Jinyoung frowned at the latter. There were only them two inside the office since both Do Woon and Jaebum has to do their rounds. 

"What are you saying?" Jinyoung asked, laughing a bit.

Sungjae just got another cookie before sitting back on his swivel chair, spinning it around to completely face him. "Doctor Im is not a terrible person..." Okay... Jinyoung's mind followed. "...but he's not exactly what you can call nice." He even put air quotes to his last word.

Jinyoung remained staring, with a slight frown on his face. He still doesn't get what Sungjae is trying to say. Good thing the younger is talking again.

"In the whole of my stay here in Hanmaeum, not once did the guy treat me, on anything, alright?" Sungjae even shrugged as he curled his lips up.This kid. He is just like his younger brother. "Same goes for Do Woon. Even as our senior, Doctor Im hasn't treat us to anything."

Jinyoung is not sure whether he'll start to feel bad for his colleagues, but hearing Sungjae throw shade at Jaebum, he finds it a bit amusing. For sure, Sungjae won't have the guts to say all those in front of the older.

"But he has the time to buy you chocolate chip cookies from Starbuck's? That guy rarely gets coffee for himself!"

Jinyoung was about to say something when the door suddenly opened, and in came Jaebum with Do Woon following him. "What are you two up to?" It was Jaebum who asked after greeting him with the same bright smile. It's a bit opposite to how he saw Jaebum at first, but since that smile of his has been showing itself for a couple of weeks now, Jinyoung got used to it.

"Oh, nothing. I am just enjoying these chocolate chip cookies Jinyoung has given me." 

"Cookies?" Do Woon asked excitedly and went up to him. "Please let me have one."

But Jaebum was quick to pull Do Woon away from the cookies. "Yah! Those are for Jinyoung!" And when Jinyoung looked, he could see how Sungjae was giving him the look which says See? I told you so. 

 

**********

 

It went on for the rest of the week... and by it, he meant Jaebum being nice to him... and Jinyoung could almost hear Sungjae saying too nice... The younger kept on pointing that one out to him for the entire week, especially during morning, when Jaebum enters the office with two cups of coffee at hand, and some bagels or muffins to go with it. He never asked, but it's been a habit of Jaebum to get him something to eat during breakfast. He already got used to it, and not wanting the older's effort to go to waste, Jinyoung has decided to just skip breakfast at home because he's certain he'll be getting it in the hospital.

Jinyoung didn't want to put color on it, and he perfectly knows he shouldn't. Jaebum doesn't deserve to be thought of differently, when his intentions are pure, so Jinyoung opted to let each of those gestures pass. Maybe he's just really friendly... it's what he is saying to himself, and even to Matt, whenever he visits him and tells him about his day, which mostly involved Jaebum, since he spends more than half of his day with the latter.

It was all clear in Jinyoung's mind that Jaebum is just doing all those, out of being a good colleague, helping him adjust in his new working place, and he really does appreciate that. He even nags Sungjae for giving a different meaning to Jaebum's actions, and nags him more for dragging Do Woon into thinking the same things.

He was so sure that Jaebum is just being nice.

Not until that afternoon.

 

"Let me drive you home." It's what made Jinyoung look up to Jaebum who is standing beside him, with his coat off, and his satchel bag on his shoulder. 

It's a good thing Sungjae and Do Woon already went ahead of them right after their shift ended. Jinyoung stayed for an extra thirty minutes to finish some documents. 

Jinyoung creased his forehead, as he watched Jaebum put both his hands in his pocket, before nodding towards Hyunjin who also stayed behind, to wait for him. "Let me drive both of you home. That'll be more convenient, since it's past six already."

Smiling awkwardly, Jinyoung answered. "I don't think that'll be necessary."

"Why not?" 

Jinyoung looked at Hyunjin and it's like he's asking for back up, but of course, Hyunjin won't understand why he's asking for a backup. Turning again to Jaebum, he just sighed. "Because the direction to my house is out of route with yours." He said a matter of factly.

"But that's alright." Okay, this was a lot harder, than I imagined it would be. Jaebum continued. "Besides, it'll be more convenient than taking the bus."

And Jaebum is right. Jinyoung just received a text message from Mark which said that he'll not be able to fetch him because Mark said him and the guys were caught up with something. So, he and Hyunjin would have to take the bus to get home.

With a few more insisting, Jinyoung found himself agreeing.

 

 

"Just right at this corner." He told Jaebum, who pulled over the corner which he has pointed at. It's still a couple more blocks before they reach their house but Jinyoung thought this will be better.

"Is this where your house is at, thought?" Jaebum is asking in confusion, as he looked at an empty lot.

"It's still a couple more blocks but we can walk from here."

He was about to take off his seatbelt when Jaebum spoke. "If that's the case, I could drive-"

"It'll be hard for you to park in our street. It's a bit narrow. Your car won't fit." Jinyoung lied, thanking heavens that Jaebum is in fact driving a Fortuner, his alibi will be believable. 

"Oh. Okay."

Removing his seatbelt, he nodded for Hyunjin to do the same. "Thanks again for driving us home safely. Get home safe."

 

When they both reached their house, it was time for dinner, and as expected, there was Mark, Bambam and Jackson. Jinyoung could only sigh in relief. It was really a good thing he decided on not letting Jaebum go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter