Guilty

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We shouldn't have gone back.

This is what's running in Jinyoung's head as he stared back at these guys who seemed like they're trying to bore holes in their skull or something. Jackson's is the most glaring one. It figures, since most of the messages which almost blew Mark's phone up are from the Chinese.

After his and Mark's. . . . err. . . talk, the older finally had time to check his phone, only to find a number of text messages from their friends, majority of which are from Jackson. The most recent text tells them both to go back to the bar and explain theirselves.

So that explains while him and Mark are here now, sitting at a vip booth, surrounded by Youngjae, Bambam, Yugyeom, Hyunjin, Jaebum and Jackson. 

 

"Explain yourselves." Jackson said, trying to sound dead serious with his arms crossed on his chest.

This got Jinyoung rolling his eyes. "What is there to explain? You guys already know that Mark is pursuing me, and now we're officially together. Is that a big deal?"

Jackson has his eyes widen in pure shock, as if Jinyoung just had offended him. "Of course it is!" His voice is much louder this time, almost scandalous if not for the music blaring up the speakers. 

"Could you calm down, Jackson? You're almost sounding like my mom." Mark said from beside him. Jinyoung feels the older's arm snaking around his waist as his chin rested on his shoulder.

"Calm down? You're telling me to calm down?" Again with the eyeroll, Jinyoung goes. Jackson is over reacting. "How could you not tell us about this? How long has it been going on?"

Mark opted to answer with a sigh. "Not more than a week-"

"And how long are you planning to keep this from us?"

This time Jinyoung wasn't able to stop himself from huffing at what Jackson has asked and primarily at how the chinese is acting. If not for Mark's arm around his waist, he would have stood up and faced Jackson head on. Mark's arm was able to keep him sitting down beside the older. Still annoyed, Jinyoung just blew out a frustrated sigh before side eyeing the chinese whose hand is entwined with that of a certain surgeon.

"You're asking- no, you're interrogating us like we did you wrong, when apparently, you also have something important to discuss to us, huh Jackson-ah?"

Jackson was taken aback for a short moment but gained control of the situation once again. Shrugging, and waving his free hand in front of his face, the chinese spoke. "Hey, that's not the topic here. Focus, Jinyoung-ah."

Jinyoung could do nothing but grunt as Jackson went on with the interrogation. Only Mark participated since Jinyoung is a hundred percent done with Jackson's s. Besides, it's only Jackson who seems to be really interested on knowing about the how's and when's in his relationship with Mark. The others are just listening and observing, giving them both teasing smiles every once in a while.

 

"Bottomline is, Jinyoung and I are officially together..." Mark trails, eyes staring at him lovingly. "...and are very much in love with each other."

Jinyoung fails to catch all the cheering sounds made by their friends because his eyes were locked with Mark's as they exchange smiles with one another. Mark squeezes his hand gently and Jinyoung lets himself find joy in the warmth radiating from Mark's palm. Jinyoung squeezes Mark's hand back.

"Well, that's good news then." Jinyoung heard Jaebum who he's sure, is still holding hands with Jackson under the table. "When you finally got to know about how you feel towards someone, there's no need to beat around the bush anymore. If he has his arms wide open, what you need to do is to let yourself fall deeper."

And Jinyoung couldn't agree more to that. If two people feels the same way towards each other, and they want to be together, then they shouldn't give each other a hard time. It's the right time to let go.

Arching his brow and giving his colleague the most meaningful and knowing smile he could give, Jinyoung spoke. "Glad you had that figured out as well, Jaebum."

Jaebum just raised his shot glass and gestured it towards him. Jinyoung just smiled in return.

 

*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*

 

Never had Jinyoung felt this nervous while standing in front of the kind old man. Even back when Matt was introducing him to the elder as his boyfriend, Jinyoung managed to remain calm and collected. 

But now. . . .

 

"We are in love with each other, grandpa. Jinyoung and I. . . . we are together and we want to stay together. With your blessing." Mark said in a calm voice, showing certitude with his words.

Jinyoung could only squueze the older's hand tightly as he tried to maintain eye contact with the elder.

 

After he and Mark told everything about their relationship to their friends, that same night, Mark talked to him about them, telling about it to Mark's grandfather. Jinyoung acknowledges the need to tell the old man, as form of respect of course. But, as he has said before, telling others about his relationship with Mark is not that easy. They are not just some characters in a movie. If they are, then theirs has a twisted plot. Consider him falling in love with twins, that after the first one died, he fell in love with the other. That is not a good story to tell, Jinyoung knows. And he also understands that for the people who are greatly involved, his family, moreso.. Mark's family, it is not something which will be easily accepted. 

When Mark told him last night that they should tell his grandfather, Jinyoung felt like saying no. He wants to buy time. But seeing Mark's hopeful eyes, Jinyoung can't will himself to say no this time. As Mark has said, he wants them to stop hiding their relationship and just love each other openly. That is what Mark wants, and deep inside, Jinyoung knows he wants the same thing.

He is just scared.

He is scared of how the people who are important to them, will take the news that they're gonna tell them. Jinyoung wants and hopes that they would be happy for them. But he doesn't know if he has the right to expect that would happen.

 

And now, as he watch the elder's eyes shifting from his to Mark's, Jinyoung can't do anything but tighten his grip on Mark's hand. Thoughts are rushing in his mind, most are negative. What if abeoji disgarees to this? To us? What if he demand for us to break up? What would Mark do? What would I do?

But his thoughts were disrupted when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

It isn't Mark's.

 

"Jinyoung..." He look up and stared back at those warm eyes lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter