Under wraps

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung can't keep his eyes on Mark. Not when he feels all his blood rushing to his face, making him feel like his cheeks are going to blow up anytime soon. It's not even summer, but he couldn't feel the cool breeze of the night anymore. In fact, he feels a bit hot, and he feels like sweating. He wants to cover his face with both of his hands, if only Mark wasn't holding his right hand, entwining their fingers together and securely.

Jinyoung is aware that his heart rate as well as his pulse's have gone on double speed back in the car when he was confessing. But it had gone to triple speed the moment their lips touched and even now after they broke the kiss and are both standing outside their gate.

It was embarrassing. Jinyoung recalls how he let those words slip from his mouth after a series of pushing and pulling from his thoughts. I love you, Mark. And I would very much want to be with you. God, was he brave! Jinyoung didn't think he could do that but, he just did. It was embarrassing since it was him who confessed, and kissed Mark right after, not even giving the older the chance to say something. It was really, embarrassing. But seeing how bright Mark's smile is right now... Jinyoung could only smile contentedly. Him, gathering up all his courage and letting go of all his doubts and uncertainties just to tell Mark that he loves him... it's all worth it. Especially after Mark told him he loves him too, before kissing him again. 

Park Jinyoung, you got it bad.

 

"So..." Mark said, humming while pursing his lips. He is still holding his hand, playing with his fingers. 

Jinyoung grins back. He looks silly, he knows. Thank god his brat of a brother can't see him right now or else it's gonna get him some endless teasing.

"So...?" He said, copying the older and he could almost see Mark's perfect set of teeth showing as the older tries to bite in his smile. Jinyoung is also doing the same. They both look like some teenagers on their first date. This is silly.

Mark swayed their entwined hands together a few times before speaking. "That did happen, right?" Mark asked, not losing his smile. "You are in love with me, as you said back in the car. You're not going to take it back, are you?"

Jinyoung wants to roll his eyes but he finds Mark cute, with those uncertain eyes which are yet, full of hope too. "After all the breakdowns I almost went through? No. Never."

"Just making sure." Mark smirked. "You sure did take your time, Park Jinyoung."

"Good thing you waited then, Mark Tuan."

"I guess it's true that good things come to those who wait." Mark said, smiling hard. "But I have a problem."

Arching his brow, Jinyoung asked. "What is it?"

"I don't think, I want to let go of your hand right now."

Jinyoung almost wasn't able to stop himself from saying me too. Good thing he did. Pretending to be unamused of Mark's words, he just pushed the odler off. "But you need to. I still have work tomorrow."

"Can you not go to work tomorrow and just go on a date with me?" This guy, really.

"If you're gonna be like this, then I'm afraid I will need to break up with you." Jinyoung said, crossing his arms but with that playful look on his face. Mark didn't miss a beat on getting his hands back. 

"Alright. Alright, I'll send you in. But..."

Jinyoung's brows were arching up again. "But?"

"Can I have another kiss?"

That, and how Mark puckered up his lips made Jinyoung widen his eyes and push the older off, hitting his cheek in surprise and slight embarrassment. Mark was laughing, seeing his probably red cheeks. 

"Why do you have to be cute like this?" Mark said, pinching his warm cheeks. Jinyoung pouted and brushed Mark's hand away making the older laugh a bit more. 

"I will go inside now." He just said, averting his eyes from Mark's teasing ones. The older just nodded, saying good night in a whisper, leaning a bit closer that Jinyoung needed to push his face away again, this time, chuckling. This playful side of Mark is new to him. But he enjoys seeing it.

"Goodnight, Jinyoung." Mark said one last time as Jinyoung opened their gate and stepped inside. He held the gate open and pursed his lips before finally going for it.

In a swift motion, Jinyoung gave Mark's cheek a small peck, catching the older in surprise that he wasn't even able to say something. "Good night." Jinyoung said hurriedly before he closed the gate and ran towards their house. He ignored how Yugyeom called him, asking if he ate dinner already. He doesn't feel hungry anyway.

When he reached his room, he could only smile like a mad man. The surprised look on Mark's pretty face flashed on his mind and it made him smile some more. He squeals but in a supressed voice, as he feels all giddy. So this is it? He finally got himself a boyfriend? And it's Mark? 

Wow.

Jinyoung tried to shake his thoughts off and changed to his pajamas. It was when he was lying on his bed when he received a text message. It's from Mark. Have you eaten? the message read. Jinyoung replied and said he isn't hungry. The two of them texted for an hour until Mark called him.

"I thought you have work tomorrow?" 

"Yes, I do."

"Then why aren't you sleeping?"

"Are you suggesting I drop the call right now?"

"No, I'm saying we should both sleep now and take a good rest. We'll see each other again tomorrow." 

Jinyoung smiles. "Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." 

Mark's sweet voice remained with him until he drifted off to sleep.

 

**********

 

"Good morning." Jinyoung greeted his brother and Hyunjin who are both seated at the dining table, eating breakfast. Their mom has already left, but still prepared breakfast for them.

"Good morning, hyung." it was only Hyunjin who greeted him. He sees Yugyeom, busy on scrolling through his phone.

When he approached the table he saw what Yugyeom was looking at. It is a picture of Youngjae, wearing his usually bright smile, his head rested on this guy's shoulder. They look so happy... opposite to how Yugyeom looks right now.

Clearing his throat, he spoke. "Too early for phones, don't you think Yugyeom-ah?"

This got his brother's attention. Now he is hiding his phone in his pocket. "Sorry, hyung. I was just.... I was just checking on something."

"Important?"

"Nah. Not really." But that glum look on Yugyeom's face didn't go unnoticed in Jinyoung's eyes.

 

It was when Hyunjin finished eating and excused himself to take a shower, when Jinyoung finally had the chance to talk to Yugyeom about what seems to be troubling him. He has an idea... but he needs facts. Even though they argue and fight a lot, Yugyeom is still his younger brother. He needs to look after him and make sure he isn't getting hurt.

"I didn't know I would fall for him, hyung. Not him. Not my best friend."

It's what Yugyeom said when he asked about things with Youngjae. Jinyoung only confirmed his assumptions. Yugyeom did feel something towards the young guy. They were really close and he has never seen Yugyeom so attached to someone, other than Youngjae. But hearing how frustr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter