Blurred lines

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Leave it on a little longer, please. I want the edges crispy brown." 

Completely ignoring his younger brother's request, Jinyoung tranferred the fried ham from the pan and into the plate he's holding, with the use of the spatula. He was putting the plate down when he heard the tall child behind him stomping his feet like the kid he thought he is. 

"Yah! I said I want it crispy!" and there's that pout. Seriously, Jinyoung thinks his brother should stop acting like a brat.

He turned the gas stove off, and rolling his eyes, he spoke. "For the last time, Yugyeom. This is not for you. Now, shoo!" He didn't even wait for the younger to move aside and just walked towards the dining table where he has prepared the food he has finished cooking a while ago.

It's around seven in the morning and there's only the three of them in the house, since their mom has left for the market early. She really busies herself in managing their stall. Yugyeom did say he'll drop by to help their mom.

"What will I eat then?" Yugyeom asks, still pouting.

Jinyoung blew out a long sigh. He wanted to say 'just go and fry some eggs or something' but Jinyoung knows he can't say that and let his brother starve. That, or he just doesn't want to trust the younger in the kitchen, because he might burn the entire place down. "Alright, ham or eggs?"

Yugyeom then smiled with delight. "Crispy ham."

"Stay right here. I'll go cook."

 

It took Jinyoung another five minutes to finish frying some ham for his brat of a brother. Times like this, he really has to stand as a hyung to Yugyeom. Despite his large size, Yugyeom is a baby and knows nothing when it comes to household chores. Well, Jinyoung could remember himself as one also. But that was before he started to live a life on his own in Seoul. Now, he knows how to move around the house, to take care of himself, and he thinks he can also take care of someone too.

By the time he was putting the food he has cooked for his brother, Yugyeom was happily clapping on his seat. "Hooray for the best hyung!"

Jinyoung just sneered, trying to hide his amused smile after being complimented by Yugyeom, which rarely happens by the way. He just continued setting up the table when he heard Yugyeom speak again.

"Your husband to be is going to be so lucky."

"What are you saying?" Jinyoung said, laughing a bit as he finished.

"You are good at taking care of others. I wonder how you will take care of your special someone." He just gave the younger a funny look so Yugyeom started insisting. "Come on, hyung. When will you start dating again? It's been a long time since the last. I really want to see you happily in love again."

Still laughing, Jinyoung playfully hit Yugyeom's head with the pan. "You're talking nonsense. Stop sticking your nose in my love life okay?"

With a hiss, Yugyeom just proceeded to eating the breakfast which he cooked for him. But after a bite, he talked again. "I'm just saying you'll never know when it'll come, hyung."

Jinyoung could only smirk. His brother sure speaks like he knows things, when in the actual truth he hasn't even experienced dating. He has heard from their mom that Yugyeom does get love confessions from the girls in his university but his brother hasn't answered to a single one. So hearing this from Yugyeom, who is clearly inexperienced, Jinyoung wants to laugh at him.

"Maybe..." There's something hinting in the younger's voice as he stares at him teasingly. "Maybe it's just around the corner..."

Just around the corner his . Jinyoung was about to talk back when suddenly Mark came in. Yugyeom was the first to greet him cheerfully, waving his chopsticks , shouting 'Mark hyung!'.

"Hey." Mark greeted while leaning on the table. "Good morning."

Jinyoung smiled at him. "Good morning." 

The older is wearing his normal clothes, the ones he usually wears when he's at the mansion. It doesn't look like Mark has already taken a shower too. It's like he just woke up from bed and headed straight here. But he still looks good anyway.

"Why aren't you in the hospital?" Mark asking is expected, since it's already past seven and he's still at home.

"I had to call in late for work, since Hyunjin is sick and I can't trust him in Yugyeom's hands."

"I am right here." They both heard but ignored. Mark was laughing though. 

"Why is Hyunjin sick?" Mark asked again.

"The poor guy has allergies. I didn't know about it and yesterday, during lunch, we ate seafood stew, not knowing that Hyunjin is allergic to shrimps." Jinyoung said, recalling the younger's swollen cheeks, and red patches on his neck. 

Mark nodded. "But you'll go to work afterwards?" It's now his turn to nod. "Then I could drive you to the hospital."

"Aren't you busy, though?" 

"Not much." Mark answered shaking his head. "I will just drop by our company to help grandpa out a bit. And since Jacks and Bam are busy with their new business venture, we will just meet later this night. Bam wanted to do karaoke. You guys could come."

"Oh! I'll ask Youngjae to come too. It'll be fun!" Yugyeom exclaimed.

"How about you?" The older asked him but Jinyoung just scrunched his nose and shook his head.

"I'll be with the guys tonight. Sungjae and Do Woon were too persistent on making me join. So..."

"Oh. That's alright." Mark said smiling. "We could always go next time."

 

**********

 

The four of them were at this barbeque house, grilling pork belly and drinking soju. It's their first time to go out altogether, without Doctor Yoon. Him and his team has been going out in dinner a couple of times before, but they always have the senior surgeon with them. Now, there's only them four.

 

"Another serving of pork belly, and four sojus please!" Sungjae called out, standing. 

The two younger ones might be too happy and are enjoying this night too much. They have three servings of meat already, and Sungjae just ordered their fourth, and Jinyoung could see four bottles of soju on their side of the table. These young ones are on a roll.

"Aren't you full already?" He asked Sungjae who is doing a loveshot with Do Woon. They're definitely drunk. 

"I purposedly skipped lunch to prepare for this dinner, Jinyoung-ssii. It's rare for Dr. Im to treat us-"

"In fact this is the first time." Do Woon interjected.

"Right. So, I will do my best to seize this moment!" 

And the two both cheered when their orders were brought to them. Jinyoung could just shake his head from the second hand embarrassment he's getting. He glanced at Jaebum who is also covering his face. Jinyoung laughed.

 

 It was maybe during their fifth serving and twelve bottles of soju later when Sungjae and Do Woon started to go ahead with their usual teasing. And who else will be the subject of their teasing? It has to be him and Jaebum.

"You know, I really think Dr. Im just took us out to dinner just so he could ask Jinyoung to go too." Sungjae said.

"I agree! Dr. Im has been acting really obvious these past few days. Anyone with eyes could see that he obviously likes Dr. Park." Do Woon added.

And the fact that those two were talking like they were not with them, and as if Jaebum is not in front of them, it amuses Jinyoung in a way. He thought these two surgeons were afraid of Jaebum, but clearly the drunk them aren't.

"But does Jinyoung-ssi like him too?" 

He was a bit surprised by Sungjae's question. But Jinyoung tried to act normal, while not staring at Jaebum who is just beside him.

They saw how Do Woon shrugged as he rested his head on Sungjae's shoulder. "I don't know about Dr. Park but, with Dr. Im... I'm a hundred percent sure he's smitten!"

Jinyoung heard Jaebum's laugh before he sees the older standing up and reaching for the youngers' heads. "You are both drunk already. These crackheads." Now Jaebum is turning to him. "I think we should call this a night? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter