Same page

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been a while...

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

Since Mark has initiated on them clearing out their misunderstanding and even asked on being friends, well he agreed, so Jinyoung guessed they're already at it.

The older made it a regular thing that he sometimes with his friends, sometimes not drop him and Hyunjin off and fetch them from the hospital. It's been going on for more than a week now. He actually wonders how Mark manages to squeeze him in his schedule. Not that, he thinks of him as a busy guy cause, Mark said he's just helping his grandpa in managing their farms. Unlike him, who works six times a week, for nine full hours, Mark surely has more free time than he does. 

Jinyoung has gotten a lot more comfortable with Mark's presence. Unlike the first time they met and a few days after it, well, now he can say that they really are friends...sort of. The evident proof of the progress in their friendship is that, there's no more shouting at each other's faces. No walking out from each other, and less getting on each other's nerves. For Jinyoung, that's already a lot of progress, especially when he thinks back of how Mark walked out on him after throwing the box of chocolates. 

Mark's grandpa is glad of this progress. The old man said it's very delightful to see that they are trying to meet on both ends. "It'll make Matt really happy." The old man said and Jinyoung could only smile in agreement.

His younger brother, Yugyeom and his mom have also gotten the hang of having Mark and his friends eat meals with them (usually dinner). His mom got so used to it that she always cook more than her usual servings. The trio didn't fail his mom's efforts and really didn't miss a single dinner. Jinyoung appreciates that, if he'd be honest.

Yes, the two of them have gotten closer. It's that noticeable, that even his colleagues have taken notice of it.

 

"He looks a lot more friendlier now, than before." Do Woon commented while eating his cold noodles.

"I agree! He looks like a gangster when I first saw him." And Sungjae even shivered as he reached for the bowl of kimchi jjigae.

Jinyoung's eyes crossed with Hyunjin's who is also eating with them, along with the other intern, Chan. All six of them are eating their lunch inside their office. They have ample time to rest before their scheduled surgical operation later at 2 pm. And maybe this also gave his colleagues a good amount of time to analyze his relationship with Mark.

For the past thirty minutes, all they were talking about was Mark, and how he changed over the past days, and them being close to each other. Hyunjin nodding every once in a while only heightened Sungjae's and Do Woon's interest on whatever it is about him and Mark. He might've glared at his young intern, that's why the younger is just focusing on eating now.

 

"Are you two dating?"

Sungjae's question had him choking on his food. He felt a tap on his back before he heard an ouch from Sungjae. He looked and saw the younger rubbing his forehead for some reason, before he saw a glass of water in front of him, handed by Jaebum who was sitting beside him.

"You okay?" Drinking on the water handed to him, Jinyoung nodded to answer Jaebum's question. 

Finally being able to speak, he looked at Sungjae who is still mumbling on something while looking at Jaebum. "Your assumption is far from truth." 

"Sungjae, leave Jinyoung and his relationship with Mark alone, okay?" It's now Jaebum who is speaking. He's talking to Sungjae but he saw the older glancing at him shortly. "Whether he is dating Mark or not, is that really your concern? You're only making him uncomfortable."

"I am not uncomfortable." This had Jaebum turning to look at him. But the guy didn't say anything. "I was just surprised by his question but, still, what I am saying is I am not dating Mark or anyone."

With this, Jaebum curled his lips as his chopstick stirred the noodles. "You do know that you don't need to deny things from us..."

He doesn't get why these guys are insisting on something which is far fetched from reality. So a bit irritated, he answered back. "But that's the truth." He said firmly. "Me and Mark are just friends."

With that being said, he saw how a small smile grazed on those thin lips. "Good, then."

 

**********

 

Jinyoung run his hand above the cold granite. It's one of those afternoons again, when he got off from work and decides to drop by and visit Matt. 

Putting the bouquet of yellow daisies he has bought at a nearby market, Jinyoung smiled warmly to greet his love. "Hi, hon." In his heart, he imagined how Matt is smiling back at him, greeting him too. As usual, he told Matt about how his day went, at work. His team had two majot surgical operations today, all were successful, that Dr. Yoon promised on treating them all to dinner sometime at the end of the month. 

He also told Matt how things are running smoothly between him and Mark. 

"We're finally friends." He started. "No more cusing at each other and throwing death glares here and there. Things are almost peaceful, actually."

"I am trying my best here to be kind, Matt." he then heard Mark spoke, who is behind him. After fetching him and Hyunjin from the hospital, all three of them went to visit Matt, since Jinyoung asked for it. And of course Mark wouldn't say no to visiting his twin. 

"Hyung!" They heard Hyunjin call on, staring at Matt's niche. Yes, the young guy is calling Matt hyung also. "They are both keeping each other in good company. You could stop worrying about them now."

And Jinyoung could only smile because he agrees to what Hyunjin has said. Looking at each other, him and Mark offered a warm smile.

 

That evening, same with their other evenings, Bambam, Jackson and Mark ate dinner with them. It was the usual, with all of them telling each other how their day went. He told them about their succesful operations. Hyunjin told them about how Chan was almost scolded for mixing up the prescriptions, Jinyoung then reminded the younger that he should be careful not to make the same mistake. Jackson told them about their trip to the zoo, which is obviously the chinese's favorite part of the day. Yugyeom talked about school and him having a difficulty in one of his subjects. Bambam who happened to take the same course, only through an online universit, said he'll help his brother out. To this, Jinyoung said thanks and promised to treat the Thai one of these days.

It was all the usual things, until Jackson suggested on going on a trip together. And by together, Jackson meant all of them, including Hyunjin and Youngjae. 

 

"I have read that Hamdeok Beach is really a sight!" 

So that's where Jackson is insisting on going. He said it'd be nice to hang out altogether, for them to form a sort of bond. The idea was not bad, it was a good idea actually, because the chinese is right. Hamdeok Beach is one of the best places to go to, when you're in Jeju-do. 

But he's a bit uncertain. Hamdeok is his and Matt's special place. Matt has always bean a beach kind of person. And he got that from Matt also. He learned how to enjoy the kind of peace and solace, the seaside is giving him. The sound of the waves crashing through the shores became music to his ears. The feel of the fine sand beneath his feet gave him a sense of comfort. And the breeze brushing to his face brought him a familiar sense of warmth. Through Matt, he came to love the beach.

"What do you guys think?" Jackson asked after relaying some of his plans to them.

It's mostly about them spending the night, in the tents which they will put up by the sea side. It also involves them grilling meat for food, and drinking beers to get through the night. It was a nice plan, that Bambam and Yugyeom immediately rasied their hands and yelled "We're in!". But...

"I... don't know yet." Jinyoung said, sounding a bit uncertain as he really is. 

 

The evening ended with him not being able to give a definite answer. Jackson's plan remained to be just a plan, because they were still waiting for his final answer if he's going or not. That same night, when he was kissed his mom good night, she suddenly asked him why he's not sure of coming with the guys.

"I'm just not sure if..." He said, weighing out his words. Heaving a sigh, he decided to be honest. It's his mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter