Chapter 20

Fate [Lee Daehwi - Wanna One]

Daehwi went to work after a day off. He wasn't too busy after he's back from business trip. He sighed in relief when he knew about his schedule. He got plenty of free time and he filled the time with reading documents that was sent to him. 

He walked out from his office to go the ground to buy a coffee. On the way to down, he saw Yejun at the corner near the emergency stairs door, talking to someone in her phone. She doesn't realise that he was there, hiding and listening to her conversation in phone. 

"Don't worry Mrs Lee. She won't tell to him. She won't dare to tell it to him. You know right what would i do if he knew about this." 

Daehwi frowned when he heard her mother name. What are they talking about? Who is she? Who is him? Is it Lisa and him? Its a big question for him to solve it. He hide behind the wall and heard all the conversation of Yejun with his mother till end. 

He turn and head to his room back, forgeting to buy a coffee for himself. He sits on the chair with his hands under his chin, supporting his head, thinking about Yejun and his mom. 

His mind really bothered with it. He wants to know who is it and he'll tried to get the information later. The only way to get the information is he need to make her drunk so he can ask her about it but the things he worried is Yejun is hard to get drunk. She's a drunker and its not easy to get her drunk. He thought maybe he needs a way to knew about it. So, in the end he can't think another way and he just let it be. 

He gets off from work early than before. He went home early and Lisa couldn't expect that he will come back home early. She's in the kitchen, drinking a juice. 

"Youre back Daehwi? Isn't it too early for you to come back?" She asked as she put down the glass on the island. "I've got nothing to do there. My schedule are free for today so i came home earlier than before." 

"Oh okay." She replied. "Why did you wear long sleeve shirt in house? I've seen it many times. Why--" 

"Ahh its nothing. I just want to wear it." She cuts him. He watched her curiously. He don't know what she hide from him.

Then, he take a look at her injured wrist. "How's your wrist? Did it felt hurt more or not?" He asked with his gazed fixed on her wrist, scanning it. "Oh, its just hurt a little when i help maid lifting some of heavy things." 

"You held heavy things?" He gasped, deadpanned. Lisa nod her head. "Yeah. What is it? Is it wrong?" She turn her head to Daehwi, raising her eyebrows. "You knew your wrist still in healing yet you lift heavy things. Why did you do that? It will make your wound worsen. You can't do things like that. Its dangerous. The maid should do the works not you. I told you right for not doing any heavy things. Why don't you listen to me?" He sound mad. 

Lisa take a deep breath before replying him. "I just...want to help them. Even they are maid, they are my friends too. I love to help. I'm the one who volunteer to helped them. Why are you so mad? I just want to help them. Is it wrong?" 

"No, i didn't mad and it wasn't wrong to help them, but can you consider about your wrist condition? It will be worst if you keep lifting heavy things. You freaking made a cut on yourself, your wound still in healing and now you just made it worsen." He said, almost raising his voice to picked a fight with her.

Lisa got annoyed. "I just want to help them. I was so bored and i got nothing to do, thats why i help them. Yes i know you told me to rest but look, i cant sit quitely if i saw something that needed to be help and i did not cut myself. Why should i cut myself when i knew its sharp? It wasn't me and someone did it! You didn't know what happen in two weeks when you're not here." Lisa yelled but she realise that she told something that she shouldn't told him. 

Daehwi face change after Lisa said it. "What do you mean things that I don't know when i'm not here?" He asked, looking at her. She gulp. "Its...nothing. Nothing...did happen." She said, stuttering and look away. Then, she starts to trembling. She try to ran away but Daehwi caught her by hand and held her hand tight. 

"Where are you going? We're still not finished yet." He said with a stern voice. She knew Daehwi is already mad. "Dae-daehwi, i..have to do..something. Let me go." She stuttering and tried to loose his grip on her. 

"I'll let you go if you tell me what did happen here when i'm gone. I should know about this. What did you keep from me? Tell me now." 

Lisa kept quiet. She even doesn't bothered to open to tell about it. She already made a promise to Yejun and Daehwi's mom. If she told it to him, Yejun will kill her grandparents in England. She had to keep it as a secret. 

"Mellisa." He called and tighten his grip on her made she flinched in pain. "Daehwi let my hand go. Its hurt." She almost cried because he was forcing her to told it and his grip on her was too tight. 

"Why don't you just tell me? Is it that hard for you to tell me?! I just asking you what is exactly happen!" He raised his voice made she flinched in her spot. 

"No, i can't tell you! I even promised that person! I can't! So please let go of my hand. Why are you trying to pick a fight with me?! I don't do anything wrong! Please let go of my hand will you?" She yelled, trying not letting her tears down. 

"I do not to pick a fight with you but its you the one who didn't want to told me. Who was that person? What did you promised to that person?!" He looks at her with a cold gaze. 

"Its nothing!!" She told him but she knew he won't believe it. "If its nothing, then tell me what do happen. Don't tell me that you were cheating on me when i'm not here. Is it true?!" He said and Lisa body tense. 

After he said it, her tears rolled down on her cheeks. "Me? Cheating on you? How could you said it to me Daehwi. I didn't even have any guy friends here and you told me that i was cheating on you? I was in this house for ing 2 weeks waiting for you to get home faster. And now what? You said that i was cheating on you?" 

Her heart was very hurt. She can't accept how Daehwi thinks that she's cheating on him. "I thought you love and trust me. I was being a loyal wife to you and today, you accuse me for cheating on you." She looks at him in the eyes, feeling disappointed with him.

Daehwi felt wrong after he said it and saw her wife disappointed and hurt eyes. "I--i'm sorry.." He mutter. Lisa brushed her hair back and wiped her tears off even its falling nonstop, letting out a small forced laugh. Then, she yanked her hands from his grip. 

"Lisa, i'm sorry." He held her hands but she yanked it off. "Don't touch me." She said in tears and walked away but Daehwi caught her. "Lisa, i'm sor--" Lisa cutted his words. She was very hurt with every his words. "Stop. I don't want to hear anything from you. Enough. Leave me alone." She pulled her hand from Daehwi grip and walked to her room. Daehwi followed her from behind, telling to her that he was very sorry but Lisa didn't even cared. 

Lisa closed her bedroom before Daehwi could get inside and locked it. She lean agains the door and fall down, crying there. While Daehwi at the outside telling her to open the door. 

"Leave me alone please." She said in cries. "I'm sorry. Open the door please. Let me talk to you." He said from the outside. Lisa didnt replied him and continues to cry. She cried for 2 hours at the door with Daehwi at the outside of the room, listening to her cries and feeling guilty. When her cries stops, she managed to stood up even she was stumbling. She held the furniture near her as support to the bed. 

Her step stops when she saw a small frame with her wedding picture in it. She held the frame with a trembling hand. In the picture, she and Daehwi was smiling happily with his hands on her waist. It was odd feeling for the first time but she doesn't know why she was too happy. 

"Its so hurt when you accused me for cheating on you Daehwi. Its really hurt. I felt like thousands of knives stabbed into my heart. Its too hurt." She whispered to herself. Suddenly, the frame that she held fall down and the glass broke into thousand pieces. Daehwi from the outside of the room felt worried. He kept knocking the door, hoping Lisa to open it but she didn't open it. 

Lisa bend down to pick the broken glass but she hurt herself. She made a cut on her fingers and starts to bleed. "Auch." She yelped in pain. Suddenly, her head hurts. She felt dizzy when her fingers bleed. The pain was very strong until she can't hold it and she collapes on the floor. 

At the outside, Daehwi got very worried. He called one of the maid to bring him the extra keys. When the maid arrived with it, he quickly find the keys for the door. After he found it, the door opened and the things he saw is Lisa on the floor, with bleeding hands and broken glass near her. 

He ran towards her and shook her body. "Lisa wake up. Wake up please. Don't leave me. Wake up." There's no response from her. "Call ambulance now. Hurry!!" He told the maid and she quickly called the ambulance. 

Few minutes later, the ambulance arrived. They brought Lisa to hospital followed by Daehwi. He waited worriedly for her at the outside of the emergency room. He kept praying that she'll save. He doesn't want to lose her and he still loves her. She's already part of him and he can't lose her. He would never lose her. He was very scared that Lisa would leave him and he kept blaming himself for everything. 

After few hours then, the doctor walked out from the emergency room. Daehwi approached the doctor. "How's my wife doctor? Is she alright?" He asked. "Your wife is alright but may i ask you something. Did your wife got...."