Distracted

Sunbae (hiatus)

Sungyeol had ended up standing all the way in the front, directly facing the opposite team. And standing in front of him holding onto the other side of the rope was none other than Myungsoo sunbae. He looked handsome in black as always, his hair slightly tousled from sleep. As he caught Sungyeol's eye, he smirked. 

"Aaand let the game begin!" Dongwoo shouted excitedly. 

Sungyeol had not been ready, and now he could suddenly feel himself getting pulled along with the rope towards the sunbae team. The students around them were cheering and shouting, yelling at them to pull harder. 

Sungyeol heaved with all his strength, trying desperately to pull the rope towards himself. Yet the opposing team were doing good. Myungsoo didn't even look like he was struggling; he was wearing an almost playful expression as he pulled at the rope. 

Feeling slightly annoyed by the sight, Sungyeol yanked at the rope fiercely, making the rope move an inch in the hoobae team's direction. Cheers were heard from all around as the two teams pulled and pulled, neither being willing to give up. 

Then, suddenly, Myungsoo spoke, making sure his voice was heard even with the noise surrounding them. 

"Looks like you've made yourself some admirers, hoobae," the black-haired boy said, laughter in his voice. 

Sungyeol, not comprehending what the older meant, looked around and saw to his big surprise that some of the first year girls were looking at him with a shy sort of smile on their faces. But as he gazed out at the crowd, he momentarily lost his concentration, and with it went his strength, and as the sunbae team made a great sudden pull, Sungyeol and the rest of the members of his team went tumbling forward. He tried to find his balance, but to no avail; he could feel himself falling forward, and as he turned his head he saw that he was falling straight towards Myungsoo, who was looking at him with a smirk on his face. 

Without being able to stop, he crashed into the older and down they went onto the grass, followed by the rest of the hoobae team. Soon all twenty people, both sunbaes and hoobaes, were lying on the grass, tangled up in each other. 

Sungyeol had ended up on top of Myungsoo's chest, and the older boy was currently staring at him playfully. 

"I see you are quite easily distracted," the sunbae mused, looking entertained. 

"I-" Sungyeol started, but he didn't know how to finish the sentence. 

"But don't get distracted too easily," Myungsoo continued, and his voice was suddenly no more than a whisper. "You know I don't like it when you look elsewhere." 

Sungyeol felt an involuntary shiver go down his spine. He pushed himself up with his arms and climbed off Myungsoo at once. 

The other team members were also slowly rising from the ground, stretching their arms and brushing away grass from their knees.

"And the winner team is none other than team sunbae!" Dongwoo shouted suddenly. "I knew you could do it, fellow second years! Hurray for us!" 

The second year students cheered in joy, and grumbling could be heard from several first year students. 

"As a punishment for losing, the first years will be in charge of barbequing today!" Dongwoo continued. Sighs could be heard throughout the crowd. "I expect you don't find that to be unfair, as we sunbaes were in charge yesterday." 

"Oh well, hoobae," Myungsoo smirked as he put a hand on Sungyeol's shoulder. "I guess you won't be able to get much sleep today either." 

 

Author's Note: Heyy everyone <3 here's another chapter, hope you like it :) and remember to wash your hands and stay safe!