Disappearance

Sunbae (hiatus)

Sungyeol didn't see Myungsoo sunbae for a whole week following that short and cold encounter. 

For each day that passed, Sungyeol became more and more anxious to see the older boy. Surely sunbae's anger had just been a temporary thing? Surely he would be forgiven for whatever he had done to anger him... 

Whenever he was on campus, his eyes scanned the area for the black-haired silhuette that he now knew so well. Yet no matter where he looked he could find no sunbae. He had even tried asking some other second year students in the same faculty, but no one seemed to know where the famous sunbae was. Once there had been a girl who had said she thought she had seen him in the cafeteria. Sungyeol had sprinted all the way over to the large building only to discover that Myungsoo was nowhere in sight. It was like he had disappeared completely. 

"I think sunbae is angry with me," Sungyeol confessed sadly to Woohyun after a full week of searching for sunbae in vain. The two of them had gone out for drinks after classes and were now sitting on blue plastic chairs outside a small tent where they sold night-time snacks and soju. On their small table were a bottle of soju and some green onion pancakes.  

"Sunbae? You mean Myungsoo sunbae?" Woohyun asked, frowning. "Why would he be angry with you? Did you do something wrong?"

"No, I don't think so, but..." Sungyeol breathed out unhappily. "But I haven't seen him in a week. And the last time I spoke to him he was really cold." 

"Well, the campus is big, so I don't think it's that weird that you haven't bumped into him... as for being cold, are you sure you didn't misunderstand or something?"

Sungyeol thought back to Myungsoo sunbae's eyes that day, cold and hard as stone. "Yes, I'm sure. Sunbae's eyes, they were... very cold." 

"Maybe he was just upset because you interrupted his lovey-dovey time," Woohyun said, shrugging his shoulders. "It looked pretty serious with that girl Yeonju." 

Sungyeol felt like he had been slapped in the face. Woohyun surely did not know how much his words were hurting him. "So it looked that way to you too? Like they were together?" 

"Well, I can't be sure, of course, but they seemed closer than just the average sunbae-hoobae relationship, if you know what I mean." 

Sungyeol poured himself a class of soju and drowned it in one go. 

"Wow wow, let's take it slow this time," Woohyun warned. "I don't want you passing out on me like you did back during the MT." 

"That stupid MT," Sungyeol grumbled. "Ruined everything. Wish I had never gone." 

"Ruined? Ruined what?" Woohyun said, looking with concern at Sungyeol. 

"Me!" Sungyeol exclaimed, anger suddenly bubbling up to the surface. "If it wasn't for that stupid MT I wouldn't have gotten to know that stupid sunbae and I wouldn't have had to feel these stupid feelings!" 

"What are you talking about?" Woohyun said, confusion clear on his face. 

Sungyeol grabbed the bottle of soju and poured more of the clear liquid into his glass. Once again he drank it in a one-shot. 

"Please explain so I can understand," Woohyun pleaded. 

"I... I like him," Sungyeol whispered, his voice agitated. The admission made him feel small, vulnerable. He brought his hands to his face and covered it. 

"Like him? Like who?" 

"Sunbae..." 

"Well, I like him too, but I don't really see why that is such a big d-" Woohyun stopped before he had finished his sentence as the sudden understanding of Sungyeol's words hit him. 

"You... you mean you're... you mean that you like him... romantically? Myungsoo sunbae?" Woohyun said slowly, picking out his words carefully. 

"Yes," Sungyeol said into his hands. 

"So you're... gay?"  Woohyun asked, lowering his voice so the people sitting around the surrounding tables wouldn't hear. 

Sungyeol shook his head, his face still in his hands. "I've never liked a boy before. But sunbae, he... he is different. I can't stop thinking about him." 

"I'm not sure if I understand, but I can see that you're in pain, and I wish there was something I could do to help you," Woohyun said softly. 

"Just don't tell anyone," Sungyeol pleaded, looking up from his hands now. "Please keep it a secret." 

"Of course," Woohyun assured him. 

"Thank you," Sungyeol breathed, a small burden lifted from his shoulders. It felt nice to finally have someone who knew. 

"So... what made you... like him?" Woohyun inquired. 

"I don't know," Sungyeol answered honestly. "Before I knew it all I cared about was seeing him, talking to him, being near him. Whenever sunbae is displeased with me, it makes me upset. I want him to like me. I think I would do almost anything as long as it would please him. Once he called me his pet, and normally that would have freaked me out, but when sunbae said it, I knew immediately that I would be his pet if he wanted me to. I would be anything he wanted me to be, as long as it would make him happy. I'm so pathetic, aren't I?" Sungyeol laughed weakly. 

"You're not pathetic. You're just a normal person in love," Woohyun said. 

"Being in love ," Sungyeol said bitterly. "I don't recommend it." And he drank another glass of soju. His vision was starting to get blurry from the alcohol. 

"You okay?" Woohyun asked, staring with concern at the obviously not okay boy sitting in front of him. "I think you need a hangover drink." 

"No, I'm fine," Sungyeol protested, shaking his head violently. 

"Sungyeol-ah, you're clearly not fine. Just wait here while I run over to the convenience store and buy you a hangover drink, okay?"

"Okay," Sungyeol sighed, feeling like there was no point in arguing. 

Woohyun left the table and headed for the closest store, leaving Sungyeol alone with his misery. 

Suddenly feeling like his sadness would overwhelm him, Sungyeol grabbed the soju and brought it to his lips, drinking it straight from the bottle. If only he could drink enough, maybe this awful feeling inside him would go away. Within minutes he had finished the whole bottle.

Instead of chasing away the thoughts of Myungsoo, the alcohol only intensified Sungyeol's longing for the older boy. He needed to see Myungsoo sunbae. He needed to hear his voice. He needed him. Now.

"Sungyeol-ah."

Ah. Yes. This was what he needed. Myungsoo sunbae's warm voice. The alcohol had finally given him what he wanted. 

"This shtuff's great," Sungyeol grinned, looking at the empty bottle of soju in his hand. "Makes me hear whut I wanna hear. Great shtuff." 

"Yeol-ah. What are you doing here all alone?"

Sungyeol looked in the direction of Myungsoo's voice. Ah. Yes. There he was. The perfect sunbae. The person he had missed. "Sunbae." Sungyeol smiled. 

"Get up." 

Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol's wrist and pulled him up into a standing position. Sungyeol wasn't the athletic type to begin with, but the alcohol had made it even worse. With no balance at all, Sungyeol fell forward until his head hit Myungsoo's chest. Myungsoo grabbed him securely, keeping him from falling. Ah. Yes. This was what he had wanted. Myungsoo sunbae's arms around him. His scent filling his nose, his breath tickling his neck. Sungyeol leaned into the older, breathing in. If this was what it felt like to get wasted, he would get wasted every day. 

"Yeol-ah. Are you alone or did you come with someone?" 

"I'm with Woohyun," Sungyeol mumbled into the older's chest. 

"Where is he?" 

"I dunno... oh.. um... hangovah drinks?" Sungyeol tried to explain, but it was hard to think. He didn't want to think. All he wanted was to stay in Myungsoo's embrace. 

"I see. Well then we need to hurry and get out of here before he get's back."

"Hurryy? Where?" Sungyeol looked up from Myungsoo's chest and into his deep eyes. Myungsoo was staring back with an unreadable expression. 

"To my place." 

"Shunbae's placee?" Sungyeol tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Whyy?"

"So I can have you all to myself," Myungsoo murmured, Sungyeol's face with his fingers. 

Sungyeol's eyes widened. "Ooh." This was the best hallucination he had ever experienced. "Okay." 

And with that, Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol's hand and pulled him along toward the main street, where he hurriedly signaled for a taxi to pick them up. 

 

Author's Note: Guys, I'm on a roll! xD I'm having so much fun writing this hehehe

Hope the frequent update has made up for my one-month absence T^T

Hope you liked the chapter hehe >.< What do you all think will happen next? /(*o*)/ hehehe