Cold

Sunbae (hiatus)

"Hi," Sungyeol said breathlessly, staring down at Myungsoo and Yeonju. Myungsoo looked up at him with an appalled expression. Yeonju's expression wasn't much better. 

"What are you doing here?" Myungsoo demanded, not in the least looking happy to see the younger. Sungyeol felt a stab in his chest. He doesn't want to see me. 

"I just came to say hi..." he said lamely. 

"Well then, hi," Myungsoo answered dismissively. "Now you can go." 

Yet even the ice in sunbae's voice couldn't make Sungyeol's feet move. He couldn't go. If he left, it would be the beginning of those two, and it would be the end for him. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Sungyeol persisted. "Mind if I join?"

"Yes, I do in fact mind," Myungsoo said, his voice as cold as winter. Sungyeol felt at once defeated. Yet he couldn't give up, not just yet. 

"Yeonju, how have you been?" he said, turning to the girl this time. He forced himself to put on a fake smile as he looked at her - his new worst enemy. 

"Good," Yeonju said awkwardly, looking from Myungsoo to Sungyeol and back to Myungsoo. She seemed almost scared of how Myungsoo would react to their interaction. Did he tell her not to talk to other boys because he gets jealous? Sungyeol thought. Was that what the serious conversation was about? 

It seemed plausible, if Myungsoo's mood was any indication, that this could be the case. Currently the older was shooting invisible lazer beams at Yeonju with his eyes. He seemed furious. 

"Remember what I told you," Myungsoo said quietly to the girl, his lips barely moving. 

"Yes!" Yeonju replied hurriedly. "Yes, I will do as you say. You don't need to worry." 

"Good," Myungsoo nodded approvingly. "I only want what's best for you, Yeonju-yah." 

Sungyeol looked with horror at the older. Yeonju-yah. He called her Yeonju-yah. Normally he calls everyone hoobae, and yet he calls her Yeonju-yah! Sungyeol decided that Yeonju was the ugliest name in the universe. 

Myungsoo directed his gaze at Sungyeol this time, and his brown eyes were anything but warm as he said, "Your friends are waiting. You should go." 

"But I-" 

"No buts." 

"But-"

"Hoobae. Listen to your sunbae. Go." Myungsoo's eyes were hard as ice, and Sungyeol felt like he could almost hear his own heart shatter. Where was the kind sunbae who had given him a blanket? Where was the playful sunbae who had ruffled his hair and called him a lost sheep? Where was the warm sunbae who had held his hand so securely in his own? The sunbae in front of him was none of those things. He was just cold. Cold as winter. Cold as ice. Cold as rejection. 

"I'm sorry if I interrupted," Sungyeol mumbled. "I'll be going then." 

 

Author's Note: Here's another chapter as promised xD It's kind of short, but I will try to write the next chapter asap >.< 

Thank you as always for reading <3