Assumptions

Sunbae (hiatus)

Sungyeol was in a bad mood the whole next day. 

The blow of realizing that Myungsoo sunbae had someone he liked had been so sudden that he had had no time to prepare for it. To make bad worse, he wasn't even sure he had been aware of how deep his feelings were until this moment. A part of him had just thought that he respected and admired the older. That he looked up to him because of sunbae's complete lack of flaws. 

But imagining Myungsoo together with some girl, some stranger, someone other than himself... it physically hurt in his chest. He didn't know what to do about it, and that freaked him out. 

"Earth to Sungyeol." 

Sungyeol turned his head to the sound of Woohyun's voice. "What?"

"What's up with you today?" Woohyun asked, a frown on his face. 

"Yeah, you've been spacing out the whole day, you know," Sungjong agreed. 

"Are you still feeling bad from the MT?" Sunggyu inquired. 

"I'm okay," Sungyeol mumbled, not feeling okay in the least. 

"You're a pathetic liar, you know," Sungjong informed him. 

"I know," Sungyeol agreed weakly. "I'm so pathetic." 

Woohyun looked at him in horror. "Sungyeol! Don't say that about yourself."

"Yeah, you know I didn't mean it like that," Sungjong said, an apologetic expression on his face. 

"No, it's okay, really," Sungyeol said, shaking his head because of his own blindness. "I've been stupid. Really stupid. I can't believe I could have hoped for something so unattainable." 

"What are you talking about?" Sunggyu said worriedly. 

"You didn't get into the class you wanted?" Sungjong guessed. 

"Nothing, it's nothing," Sungyeol sighed, looking down. 

"We can tell there's something wrong," Sunggyu said. 

"No, it's nothing, I swear," Sungyeol assured them, though his voice was unconvincing even to himself. He stared down at his feet in an attempt to stop the conversation. 

"Well, just know that you can talk about it if you ever want to," Sungjong said, his voice soft. 

"Yeah," Sungyeol mumbled.

"Oh, look!" Woohyun exclaimed. "The perfect sunbae!" 

Sungyeol's head shot up. "Where?" 

"Here we go again," Sunggyu grumbled. "That stupid sunbae, can't stay away for a minute." 

Woohyun was right. It was Myungsoo sunbae. Sungyeol could have recognized him even in a crowd full of people. He could have recognized his voice, his eyes, his hair, his scent. 

Dread filled him as he saw who sunbae was with. It was the girl - what was her name? - oh yeah, Yeonju. Kim Yeonju? Lee Yeonju? He couldn't remember her family name, and he suddenly didn't even want to remember. He didn't want to know anything about her at all. The two were sitting on a bench on the other side of the campus, seemingly in deep conversation. They were looking at each other with serious expressions, Myungsoo talking animatedly about something. Yeonju was nodding repeatedly. 

"What do you think they're talking about?" Woohyun wondered. 

"Like I care," Sunggyu scoffed. 

"Looks pretty serious," Sungjong noted. "I didn't know they were that close." 

"You think they're dating, then?" Woohyun said. 

Dread filled Sungyeol as he considered the prospect. Myungsoo sunbae and Yeonju. It felt all wrong. He couldn't picture it, didn't want to picture it. But he forced himself to do it anyway. He looked over at the two and tried to see it, tried to see the love there. Yet he saw none. All he could see was his own jealousy. He couldn't stand it. He couldn't bear the thought of Myungsoo being with that girl. He had to do something about it. He had to stop them. 

"I'll see you guys later," Sungyeol said, and walked away from his friends towards the bench where Myungsoo and Yeonju were sitting. 

 

Author's Note: Hey u guys >.< I wanted to make it up to you all for my horrible one month absence, so I wrote another chapter straight away hehe (well actually, I wrote two more chapters, I will probably post the next one tomorrow or something xD)