MT

Sunbae (hiatus)

"This will be my first MT ever!" Woohyun exclaimed excitedly. It was the evening of the end of the first week of school. The three were taking the bus - sitting all the way at the back in order to sit next to each other - to where tonight's big event was going to take place: the MT. Originally a way to get to know each other and create a good team spirit among the students, MTs nowadays were all about drinking. Lasting from Friday night all the way to Sunday evening, the MT of the economy faculty would be held at a place located an hour away from Seoul. The second years had rented a traditional Korean style house where everyone would eat, drink and sleep together. 

"Do you think we'll have to drink a lot?" Sungyeol asked worriedly. He had tried drinking a couple of times, but had soon realized his distaste for anything alcoholic. It only brought a headache and huge portions of regret the day after. 

"That's what MT's are all about, you know," Sunggyu informed. 

Sungyeol sighed. 

"I wonder how they will fit all of us first years plus all the second years in one house..." Woohyun mused. 

"I heard they're splitting us up," Sunggyu replied absentmindedly. "That half the kids are going somewhere else. Don't know where, though." 

"Does that mean they'll be splitting up the sunbaes too?" Woohyun asked. 

"I assume," Sunggyu guessed. "Wouldn't make sense for the first years to go alone." 

"Do you think Myungsoo sunbae will be in charge of our group?" Woohyun implored with hopeful eyes. 

"Hope not," Sunggyu grumbled under his breath. 

"Why do you dislike sunbae so much?" Woohyun demanded, scowling at the blonde. 

"If you had any common sense at all you'd know why," Sunggyu replied, sounding a little bitter. "But unless you can figure it out yourself, I won't tell you." 

Woohyun stuck out his lower lip in a pout. 

I wonder if Myungsoo sunbae will be there... Sungyeol thought to himself, having long lost track of the other two's conversation. 

 

---

 

"Welcome to the best weekend of your lives!" A happy-looking sunbae with tousled hair shouted excitedly. 

The older was standing on top of a stone, facing all the hundred-or-so first years that were standing outside on the grass. Sungyeol, Woohyun and Sunggyu were among them, having arrived twenty minutes prior. 

"My name is Jang Dongwoo, and I will be in charge of this group for the weekend. We will be around a hundred and seventy people, with a hundred or so of you hoobaes and almost seventy of us sunbaes. Tonight we're going to grill some barbeque, so be ready to fill up your stomachs!" Dongwoo clapped his hands in excitement. 

"That sunbae looks like he has a lot of energy," Woohyun whispered to Sungyeol and Sunggyu. 

"Indeed," Sunggyu agreed. 

"I wonder where the other sunbaes are," Sungyeol said under his breath. 

"Maybe they're already inside," Woohyun replied quietly. 

"So!" Dongwoo continued. "In order to get things going, we need everyone's help. The grass you're standing on now will be our dining area for the evening. So we need some strong people who can help us carry out tables and some slightly strong people who can make sure there are pillows for everyone to sit on. Us sunbaes will take care of the actual barbequing, so no worries there. So anyone who would like to show how strong they are, please follow me!" And with that, Dongwoo jumped off the stone and went towards the hanok, signaling for people to follow. 

Half an hour later, everything was set, and the hoobaes had found their seats by the traditional Korean low tables. Female and male sunbaes had also appeared, and many of them were standing by the grill, keeping a watch over the meat while chatting. 

Sungyeol couldn't help but notice that Myungsoo was nowhere in sight. I guess he went to the other MT. Sitting next to Woohyun (followed by Sunggyu on Woohyun's other side), the three had found a quiet end of a table to sit at. 

"Who are you looking for?" Woohyun inquired, looking curiously at Sungyeol. 

"No one," Sungyeol replied immediately. "Just looking around." 

"Personally I was hoping the perfect sunbae would come, but I guess he's not here," Woohyun pouted. 

Sunggyu cast an unhappy glance in Woohyun's direction. 

"You mean Myungsoo sunbae?" Sungyeol asked. 

"Yeah, of course, there's no other perfect sunbae in our faculty, is there?" Woohyun chuckled. 

"You seem really interested in sunbae," Sungyeol noted. 

"Well, I'm just curious how he manages be that perfect," Woohyun explained. "I want to know his tricks, so I can use them myself." Woohyun winked. 

"You'd never become as perfect as him, no matter how hard you tried," Sunggyu retorted. 

Woohyun scowled at the older. "Can you at least try to be a bit nice? You're supposed to be the hyung, you know?"

"Like you act at all like a dongsaeng should," Sunggyu shot back. 

"Please don't fight..." Sungyeol mumbled unhappily, looking down. 

Woohyun looked with surprise to Sungyeol. "Oh, you're not thinking this is fighting, are you? We're just close, is all! No worries, we don't fight. Not that easily." 

"Hey, can I join you guys?" A voice sounded from above. The three looked up to see a boy with fair skin standing next to the table, looking expectantly down at them. 

"Sure," Woohyun smiled. 

"Thanks," the boy replied, and found a place opposite Woohyun. "I'm Lee Sungjong. Nice to meet you all." 

"Nice to meet you too, Sungjong. I'm Woohyun." 

"I'm Sungyeol."

"And I'm Sunggyu." 

After a round of self-introductions, the four remained at the same table as the time flew by, chatting about anything and everything unimportant. 

The evening grew darker, and soon people were bringing out blankets. Sungyeol was just about to stand up in order to look for a blanket himself when he spotted a handsome boy with black hair and dark clothes, talking with a group of girls. Kim Myungsoo. He was here. Sungyeol froze for a second, not knowing why. He hadn't expected the older to be here. He had in fact been quite sure that the older wasn't here. Where has he been all this time? Sungyeol wondered. Why is he suddenly here? 

Suddenly unsure whether he should get a blanket or not, Sungyeol ended up in an awkward half-sitting-half-rising position. 

"What are you waiting for?" Woohyun stared questioningly at Sungyeol's uncomfortable position. "Weren't you getting a blanket? I thought you were cold." 

"Yeah..." Sungyeol affirmed, not sure why he suddenly didn't want to stand up. "But I think I'll wait a bit..." 

Woohyun frowned slightly, obviously not understanding Sungyeol's reasoning. "Okay, whatever you want." 

Sungyeol turned his head to take another look at the group Myungsoo was talking to, but the older was suddenly out of sight. And as Sungyeol returned his gaze toward the table, he jumped in his seat. There he was, right in front of him. Kim Myungsoo. 

"Mind if I sit?" the older said, looking down at the four of them. 

 

Author's Note: Hey again guys! Thank you so much for reading this far! ^^ <3 Hope you're having as fun reading as I am writing hehe. I wish I could upload more often, but I have a final exam next week and I really need to study, so I probably won't be able to update the following week... T.T Exams... Wish me luck ahahah And for anyone in the same situation, good luck on your exam!! I hope we'll all make it through alive! xD