Let Me Kiss You

Sunbae (hiatus)

Though in conversation with Woohyun and Sunggyu, Sungyeol repeatedly caught himself glancing at Myungsoo sunbae as the hours passed and day became evening. It was now close to seven pm, and darkness had started to drape itself over the creak. Myungsoo sunbae was now talking to a group of girls, still wearing only his swimming shorts. Sungyeol wished the older boy would put on a T-shirt. Surely the reason his eyes kept returning to the older was because Myungsoo stood too much out with his uncannily perfect physique. Even from this far away, Sungyeol couldn't help but notice the older boy's subtly defined abs and the way the moonlight from the now-risen moon was making his collarbones stand out in even sharper contrast. 

"Sungyeol. Hey, earth to Sungyeol." 

Sungyeol blinked and turned to Woohyun, who had been poking him in the arm. 

"Are you okay? You've been spacing out since you got here, you know. Are you feeling sick or something?" Woohyun gazed at him in concern. 

"No, I'm okay," Sungyeol assured him, feeling his face go red from embarrassment. I've got to stop staring at sunbae. 

"Are you sure? Your face looks kind of red, you know," Woohyun said with a frown. 

"I'm okay, really," Sungyeol repeated, waving his hands at his face in an attempt to cool it down. 

"Just don't force yourself," Woohyun said and patted Sungyeol on the shoulder. 

"Everyone! We have finally brought the drinks!" a second-year boy shouted for all to hear. "Time for the party to begin!" 

"Oh!" Woohyun's face lit up. "Hyung! Did you hear that? They brought the drinks!" Woohyun hit Sunggyu on the shoulder in excitement. 

"No need to get violent," Sunggyu reprimanded, but he was smiling at the other in a way thay made Sungyeol feel like he was interrupting something. 

"Come on you guys, let's go get some drinks!" Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's hand and pulled him along towards the now-forming crowd. Sungyeol followed behind. 

On the way to get alcohol, the group bumped into Yeonju. 

"Oh!" Yeonju breathed, her delicate hand coming up to cover . 

"Yeonju!" Woohyun waved. "How are you? Getting something to drink?" 

"Yes," Yeonju smiled. "You too?" 

"Yes, we've been waiting all day for the drinks to get here." 

"You mean you have been waiting all day for the drinks to get here," Sunggyu corrected him. 

"Same difference," Woohyun laughed. Sunggyu glanced at the happy boy and gave a faint smile. 

"Do you mind if I join you?" Yeonju inquired, clancing from one to the other. 

"Of course we don't mind," Woohyun smiled. 

"Great," Yeonju beamed. 

And so they got their alcohol and found a place to sit, choosing a less crowded area close to the trees and away from the water. 

Sungjong had by then also joined them, and the five of them sat down in a loose circle, placing the alcohol in the middle. Yeonju seated herself next to Sungyeol. 

"To a new start at uni!" Woohyun said as they all raised their cups. Sungyeol took a sip, and instantly regretted it. The soju was bitter in his mouth and burned his throat as he swallowed. 

"Are you good at drinking, Sungyeol?" Yeonju inquired, looking up at him with her big eyes. 

"No, not at all," he admitted a little sheepishly. 

"Oh really? But you look like you could drink four bottles of soju and still be fine," Yeonju laughed. 

"I can hardly drink half a bottle," Sungyeol answered, smiling in spite of himself. 

Yeonju hit Sungyeol lightly on the arm. "No way!" 

"Yeah, really," Sungyeol insisted. 

"I guess you won't drink if I pour you a cup then," Yeonju said, a small pout forming on her lips. 

Sungyeol instantly felt bad. "Oh, don't worry, I'll drink if you want to pour me a cup." 

"Really?" Yeonju beamed. 

"Of course," Sungyeol assured her. 

Yeonju instantly grabbed a bottle of soju and held it up in front of them. Feeling like this wasn't a good idea at all, Sungyeol held out his cup as Yeonju filled it to the brim with soju. Then she went on to look up at him expectantly with her big deer-like eyes. There was no other option. Sungyeol drank it all in one go. 

"That wasn't so bad, now was it?" Yeonju smiled. 

Sungyeol could already feel his thoughts go cloudy. He looked around to ask the others if they could feel it too, but Woohyun and Sunggyu was deep in what looked like a private conversation, and Sungjong was nowhere to be seen. 

"Let's drink another cup," Yeonju suggested. 

"I don't really think..." Sungyeol blinked. 

"One more cup won't hurt," Yeonju assured him. "Think of it as a way of practicing to get better at drinking." 

"Practicing..." Sungyeol repeated groggily. 

"Yes," Yeonju nodded. "You wouldn't want to embarrass yourself in front of a crowd of people because you can't handle a cup of alcohol, right?" 

Embarrass yourself in front of a crowd. Yeonju's words echoed in Sungyeol's head. Myungsoo sunbae will think I'm an embarrassment. 

"Pour me another cup," Sungyeol said, holding out his cup. "I can... handle it." 

Yeonju smiled as she poured him another cup. Sungyeol emptied the cup in one go. 

"I knew you could do it," Yeonju praised, Sungyeol on the arm. Sungyeol looked down at her hand in puzzlement.  

"Why are you..." Sungyeol struggled to find the words. "touching me?"

Something like hurt spread across Yeonju's face. "You don't like it?" Yet she didn't remove her hand from his arm. 

"I'm sorry," Sungyeol said, feeling like he somehow needed to apologize, though he wasn't sure why. His head didn't seem to be functioning correctly; he couldn't think straight. "I didn't mean to hurt you." 

Yeonju his arm again, this time all the way down to his hand. She stopped there, resting her hand over his. "Then will you drink another cup for me?"

Sungyeol blinked. He felt like he didn't want to drink. But he also felt like it would hurt Yeonju's feelings to decline. Yeonju was looking at him in a very strange way. It felt almost impossible to say anything but yes. He wanted to ask the others to help him somehow, to make Yeonju understand that he was feeling groggy and foggy and not good at all. But as he looked around, he saw to his surprise that Woohyun and Sunggyu were also gone. There was no one there except for him and Yeonju. 

"Here," Yeonju said, holding a cup of soju to his mouth. "Drink." 

Sungyeol drank. 

"You're such a good listener," Yeonju cooed. Her hand was his now, making circles on his skin with her thumb. "I like boys who listen."

A voice inside him was screaming that something was very wrong, but Sungyeol didn't know what to do about it. His vision was getting cloudy and it was becoming impossible to form a coherent thought. 

"Who do you like, Sungyeol?" Yeonju asked, gazing up at him with her sparkly brown eyes. 

"Like?" Sungyeol repeated groggily. A boy with black hair flashed across his mind. 

"Do you like me?" Yeonju changed her question. 

"You?" Sungyeol frowned. 

"You don't dislike me, right?" Yeonju once again rephrased. 

"...no," Sungyeol answered slowly. 

"Then let me kiss you." Yeonju stared at him with dark eyes. 

Sungyeol shook his head slowly, a deep frown forming on his brow. "I don't think..." He couldn't find the rest of the words he needed. 

"It's okay, you won't regret it, I promise," Yeonju said soothingly as she leaned in towards Sungyeol. He tried to lean away, but the alcohol was making it hard to move the way he wanted to. Before he could push her away, Yeonju's soft lips had found his and she was kissing him. 

 

Author's Note: Basically nothing happened in the last chapter, but a lot happened in this one, don't you all think? xD I hope you liked it, though I must admit that I almost became kind of umcomfortable while writing the last part, so I don't know how you all felt when reading it haha >.<  I still hope you liked it though hehe <3 I'll update again soon ;)