Exactly to My Liking

Sunbae (hiatus)

They had finally arrived. The moonlight was shining on the surface of the lake, creating dancing sparkles across the dark water. The insects were humming their quiet song, and the grass swayed gently in the night breeze. 

"Quite nice, don't you think?" Myungsoo said, gazing out at the lake. The two had stopped in front of the water, Sungyeol wrapped in his blanket. 

"Yes. It's beautiful." Sungyeol agreed. 

"How was your first week at school?" 

"Huh?" Sungyeol turned his head so that he was facing the older. 

"Your first week at school. You never told me when I asked earlier, only nodded along and let the others talk for you." Myungsoo gazed at Sungyeol almost reproachfully. 

"It was good," Sungyeol said. "I met a lot of people, and I think I have most of the buildings memorized now. Though I'm not sure what classes to take..." 

"You should take Ms. Choi's class, like Sungjong suggested," Myungsoo said. "She does give good grades." 

"Yeah, maybe I'll do that..." Sungyeol nodded. 

"So have you seen any cute girls yet?" Myungsoo asked. "Anyone caught your eye?" 

Sungyeol glanced at the older, who was gazing at him with what seemed like mild curiosity. "Not really..." 

"Oh, I see," Myungsoo smiled. "You're picky then?" 

"I wouldn't call myself picky..." Sungyeol disagreed, frowning slightly. 

"No worries, it's fine even if you're picky," Myungsoo chuckled. 

"I'm not picky!" Sungyeol protested, a pout forming on his mouth. 

"All right, all right," Myungsoo laughed, ruffling Sungyeol's hair until it looked like a bird's nest. "You're quite the feisty one." 

"I'm not!" Sungyeol objected, feeling once again like he was being played with. He flicked away the older's hand, which had still been playing with his hair. "And I'm not a kid." 

Myungsoo smirked, but finally stopped messing with Sungyeol's hair. 

"Well, I think it's good to be a bit picky," he informed the younger. "I am in fact very picky." 

For some reason hearing this didn't put Sungyeol in any better mood. "I see..." he mumbled. Looks like sunbae will only settle for some rich, gorgeous and perfect girl. "I guess that means you haven't found anyone to your liking either." 

"Quite the contrary," Myungsoo replied. "I've found someone exactly to my liking." And the black-haired boy smiled, showing his white teeth. 

Sungyeol scowled at the older, not feeling happy at all. "I see..." he said again. "Good luck then. I'm sure she'll date you if you ask her. Can't imagine anyone turning down the famous sunbae." 

"The famous sunbae?" Myungsoo repeated, tilting his head slightly. "Who?" 

"You, obviously," Sungyeol pointed at Myungsoo. "Didn't you know? Sunbae, you're famous. You're good-looking and smart and even the teachers like you. I'm sure the whole school likes you." 

"Do you like me?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Wha-" Sungyeol blurted, suddenly feeling awkward. "Sure... of course I like you, sunbae." 

"That's good then," Myungsoo smiled. "Wouldn't want my hoobae to dislike me, now would I?" 

"Yeah..." Sungyeol agreed, somehow feeling slightly unwell in his stomach. This sunbae is impossible to read. I don't understand him. One minute he tells me off for not looking at him when I speak and the next he's all gentle and kind.  

"Let's head back," Myungsoo said suddenly. "You'll catch a cold if you stay out any longer." 

"Okay," Sungyeol nodded. 

Myungsoo remained silent during their walk back to the MT location. Sungyeol couldn't help but wonder what the older was thinking about. Yet he didn't ask. 

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Huh?" Sungyeol said, looking at the black-haired boy. 

"We've arrived, you know," Myungsoo chuckled. "Where was your mind wandering off to?" 

"Oh..." Sungyeol breathed. "I didn't realize..." 

"I could tell." Myungsoo was looking at Sungyeol as if he was watching something very funny. He reached out his hand and ruffled the younger's hair. "You're such a lost little sheep." 

Sungyeol could feel his cheeks go red. "I'm not," he mumbled, already knowing he would be ignored. 

"Keep telling yourself that," Myungsoo laughed, obviously not persuaded. "I'd rather you keep being a lost sheep, though." 

"Huh?" Sungyeol tilted his head. 

"Nevermind," Myungsoo waved his hand. "You don't need to understand." 

Sungyeol felt like he indeed never would understand what this sunbae was saying. 

"Goodnight," the older said, and without another word, Myungsoo walked towards one of the hanoks and entered without a single backwards glance. 

He really never looks back, does he? Sungyeol thought to himself, suddenly feeling slightly lonely as he wrapped his blanket tighter around his shoulders. 

 

Author's Note: Hey peeps! ^^ Since it's finally Christmas (and therefore no school), I suddenly have a lot more time, which means time to write :D Hope you're all still enjoying the story! ^^ Our sunbae was a little kinder in this chapter haha. xD Also, as some of you might have noticed, I changed the chapter titles from just "Chapter so-and-so" to other titles, cause I thought it was kinda boring to just call it "Chapter so-and-so" (though I must say it's way easier to do that than having to make a title for every chapter lol.) 

Also, I HOPE YOU'LL HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Eat lot's of delish food and open tons of presents and have a great time and stuff! :)) <3