Promise

Sunbae (hiatus)

"So you really don't remember anything from yesterday?" Woohyun asked. 

"It's completely blank," Sungyeol admitted sheepishly. It was one in the afternoon on Monday and his head was still hurting from the hangover. Sungyeol, Woohyun and Sunggyu were all sitting in the school cafeteria, eating lunch after having finished their first class. 

"Myungsoo sunbae had to piggyback you all the way back to the hanok, you know," Woohyun informed him. 

Sungyeol looked at Woohyun in horror. "You made sunbae carry me? Why didn't you guys do it?"

"Sunbae wouldn't let anyone other than himself touch you."

"But why?" Sungyeol said in confusion. 

"Beats me," Woohyun shrugged. "Guess he's just too kind to let anyone else carry your dead body for twenty minutes."

"Or he just wants to show off how strong he is," Sunggyu muttered darkly. Woohyun ignored him. 

"So you better go say thank you if you see him today."

"Yeah," Sungyeol nodded, his face white with dread. Sunbae must hate me now. He must think I'm an utter idiot. The thought of being disliked by the older made Sungyeol's insides squirm in discomfort. 

"What's with the long face?" Woohyun laughed. "Are you afraid Myungsoo sunbae is going to beat you up or something?"

Sungyeol just shook his head silently, wishing he could sink down into the earth and stay there forever. 

 

---

 

"If it isn't my lost little sheep." 

Sungyeol recognized the voice immediately. Up until this instant he had been absentmindedly sauntering around campus, staring at his feet as he walked. Now he hurriedly looked up, taking in the all-black sunbae standing before him. With his jet-black hair slightly tousled and a black backpack slung carelessly over one shoulder, Myungsoo looked as perfect as ever. 

"Sunbae," Sungyeol breathed. 

"You look as lost today as you did the first time I saw you," Myungsoo remarked, an amused smile crossing his face. 

"Oh," Sungyeol said helplessly. He had no idea what to reply. 

"Is that all you've got to say?" the older said disapprovingly. "After all I did for you yesterday..."

"Yesterday!" Sungyeol exclaimed, suddenly recalling the horrible situation he was currently in. "Of course! I am so sorry for my behavior last night. I don't know how to make it up to you. I heard from Woohyun that you carried me back to the hanok after I passed out. You really didn't need to. I'm so sorry..." Sungyeol trailed off, his head hanging low from the overwhelming shame he was feeling. 

"So that's all you've got to say about yesterday then?" Myungsoo inquired, somehow sounding slightly wary. 

"I'm so, so sorry!" Sungyeol bowed down until his body was bent ninety degrees, his face facing the ground. "Please forgive me!"

"Relax hoobae, no need to become so formal," the older chuckled. "I was just wondering how much you remember."

"To be honest I don't remember anything at all... If I said anything rude, please forgive me." 

"Then I guess you don't remember the promise you made me either?" Myungsoo considered. Though Sungyeol hardly could fathom why, the older boy's eyes suddenly seemed to sparkle with something like excitement or anticipation. 

"Promise?" Sungyeol echoed, frantically searching his memory for any such thing. No matter how hard he tried, he could not find any recollection at all. His mind was as white and empty as new-fallen snow. 

"So you really don't remember..." Myungsoo said, a pout almost forming on his lips. 

"...no... I'm so sorry, but I don't remember... but I will keep my promise, whatever it was!" Sungyeol hurriedly assured the older. "Just tell me what it was, and I will do it! I will keep my promise, no matter what." Sungyeol looked determinedly at the black-haired boy in front of him. 

"Oh really?" Myungsoo smiled wickedly.

"Yes!" 

"You're sure?" 

"Yes!" 

"Completely sure?" The older seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Yes!"

"Even if the promise was to be my boyfriend?" 

Sungyeol jumped in surprise. "Y-your wha-what?" 

 

 

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I'm sorry this chapter was kinda short T.T I will try to write more for the next chapter!! As always, thank you all for reading, and thank you for the comments <3 I love knowing there are people who love myungyeol as much as I do <3