Blanket

Sunbae (hiatus)

"Mind if I sit?" 

Sungyeol froze, staring up at the perfect-looking sunbae. The others had similar reactions. No one said a word. 

"I'm taking that as a no," Myungsoo said, and sat down next to Sungjong, opposite Sungyeol. 

Why is he sitting with us? Sungyeol thought, utterly baffled. 

"Are you all having a good time so far?" the black-haired sunbae asked, looking in turn at each of the four before his gaze stopped at Sungyeol. 

"Yeah, of course!" Woohyun replied hurriedly. "All the sunbaes are nice, and the food is nice, and this place is nice. Everything's nice." 

"That's good to hear," Myungsoo said, a tiny, polite smile forming on his lips. "Why don't you tell me your names while we're at it? I should know what my hoobaes are called, right?" 

"I'm Nam Woohyun!" Woohyun replied immediately. 

"And I'm Lee Sungjong." 

"Kim Sunggyu," Sunggyu mumbled, a tiny frown on his face. 

"And what about you, lost one?" Myungsoo inquired, looking questioningly at Sungyeol. "I heard Woohyun calling you Sungyeol the other day. What about your family name?" 

He couldn't explain why, but Sungyeol felt slightly out of breath. "I'm Lee Sungyeol."

"Lee Sungyeol," Myungsoo repeated, giving a slight nod. "I see." 

Sungyeol felt out of place. He couldn't grasp the situation. Why was Myungsoo even here? He surely hadn't been here earlier this evening.  

"Why are you here?" he blurted out before he could think twice. 

The older stared at him with an unsatisfied look. "What do you mean?" 

Sungyeol realized his mistake. Just now it had sounded like he didn't want the older there. "I- I mean, I didn't see you earlier. I thought you had gone to the other MT." 

"I had some stuff to take care of, so I came late." Myungsoo's tone had gotten slightly colder. "But maybe I shouldn't have come at all. I guess I'm disturbing you." 

"What are you talking about, sunbae!" Woohyun exclaimed. "We are honored to have you here! We were all really sad when we thought you wouldn't be coming." 

The black-haired boy gave a slight smile. "Thank you, that's nice of you to say. You sure know how to play the role of a good hoobae." 

"Of course we all want you here," Sungjong agreed. "You're the most popular sunbae of all!" 

Myungsoo shook his head like he couldn't agree. "That's enough with the praise. So, what do you all think of school so far?" he said, changing the subject.  

"It's bigger than I had expected," Sungjong replied. "And with so many people everywhere." 

"And the campus is quite nice," Woohyun added. 

Sungyeol nodded in agreement. 

"Have you decided what classes to take yet?" Myungsoo inquired. 

"That's the hard part," Woohyun sighed. "There are so many classes to choose from." 

"I'm thinking of taking Ms. Choi's class. I've heard she gives good grades," Sungjong informed. 

"Really?" Woohyun asked, his eyes shining. "I'll join." He looked to Sunggyu, who was sitting there without saying a single word. "Hyung. You'll join too, right?" 

Sunggyu nodded, though his scowl never disappeared from his face. 

"And you?" Myungsoo fixed his gaze at Sungyeol. "What classes are you taking?" 

"I'm not sure yet..." Sungyeol mumbled, shaken by the sunbaes dark eyes. 

"You should join Ms. Choi's class too," Woohyun smiled, looking expectantly at Sungyeol. 

"Yeah, maybe.." Sungyeol nodded. Myungsoo was still looking at him, which made him feel quite awkward and uncomfortable. 

"You look cold," Myungsoo noted. 

"I'm okay," Sungyeol mumbled. 

The handsome sunbae suddenly rose and walked away without another word. The four of them stared at his back as he strode away, confusion clear on their faces. 

"Why did he just walk away like that?" Sungjong inquired. 

"Why did he even come sit with us in the first place?" Sunggyu shot in. 

"That sunbae is really mysterious," Woohyun concluded. 

Sungyeol couldn't help but agree. Kim Myungsoo had a character impossible to comprehend. 

Just as Sungyeol had come to this conclusion in his head, a blanket fell onto his lap. Sungyeol started in surprise and looked up. And there he was again. Kim Myungsoo. 

"Use this, hoobae," he was saying. "Don't catch a cold." And with that he was gone. 

Sungyeol stared incomprehensively at the blanket in his lap. He could feel his cheeks turning warm, and suddenly he didn't feel like he needed a blanket after all. 

 

Author's Note: Hey guys!!! Long time no see! I'm finally done with my exam, thank goodness! Thank you all so much for wishing me good luck! <3 It gave me extra strength :D Sorry this chapter is kinda short, but I'll probably update again in a couple of days or so to make up for it hehe :P