Cancelling Out

Sunbae (hiatus)

"I was about to ask if you guys needed some water, but I guess I'm interrupting," an icy voice said from above them. 

Yeonju broke away at once and in her breath as she looked up at the person gazing down at them.

Sungyeol blinked twice and shook his head to try to clear it. 

"Myu-myungsoo sunbae!" Yeonju stuttered. 

The sound of his name made Sungyeol start in abrupt panic. Myungsoo sunbae. He looked up and saw the older boy stare coldly down at the two of them. Alcohol had long ago made his vision blurry and unfocused, so he wasn't sure he was reading Myungsoo's expression correctly, but Sungyeol thought he saw something like disdain on the other boy's face. 

"Yeonju hoobae, maybe it would be smart to save the rest for a more private place," the sunbae suggested, his voice sharp. 

"Ye-yes," Yeonju stammered. "Yes, of course." 

"And one of your friends was looking for you," Myungsoo added. "You should go see her, it seemed urgent." 

"One of my friends?" Yeonju echoed. "Who?"

"I don't know her name," Myungsoo replied dismissively. "She had long, black hair." 

"Oh...," Yeonju sounded unsatisfied, but clearly didn't want to continue the conversation. "I will go look for her." And she rose and ran away, not looking back once. 

As soon as she was gone, Myungsoo knelt down and grabbed hold of Sungyeol's shoulders. "What have you done?" he breathed angrily. "As soon as I turn my eyes away you go and kiss somebody else?" 

Sungyeol shook his head groggily. He wanted to explain that the kiss had been unrequited, that Yeonju had forced it on him, but he didn't know how to formulate a sentence. 

"Why aren't you defending yourself?" Myungsoo demanded. 

"I-" Sungyeol began, but he felt too tired and confused to continue. 

"Why did you get yourself this wasted?" the older said bitterly. Almost as an afterthought he altered his sentence. "Why did I let you get yourself this wasted." Sungyeol wasn't sure if Myungsoo was speaking to him or to himself. 

Sighing deeply, Myungsoo pulled his fingers through his jet-black hair, clearly frustrated.  

"Sunbae..." he said, struggling to keep his tongue straight in his mouth. 

"This was not a part of my plan," the older said under his breath. 

"Plan...?" Sungyeol tilted his head in confusion. "Whu- what plan?"

"That hardly matters," Myungsoo waved his hand in irritation. "It clearly needs alterations." 

Suddenly feeling very sad, Sungyeol put his head in his hands. Then he went on to mumble into them, "Shunbae, I dinn't mean t'make you angry with me." 

"What was that?" Myungsoo asked. "I didn't hear you." 

"Don't b'mad at me," Sungyeol pleaded, feeling like the sadness would overwhelm him. 

Myungsoo's grip on his shoulders softened instantly. Suddenly feeling like all the strength had left his body, Sungyeol leaned forward until his head touched the older's chest. He breathed in the scent of the other; Myungsoo smelled like clover spice. Sungyeol felt like he wanted to stay like this for the rest of the night. 

"Sungyeol-ah," Myungsoo breathed. 

"Yes?" Sungyeol said, his head still burried in the other boy's chest. 

"Do you think you will remember this tomorrow?" 

"...no," Sungyeol mumbled. "I nevuh remum'ber anythin' aftuh one cup o' soju."

"And how many have you had?" 

"I dunno... maybe threee?"

"Well then." Myungsoo gripped Sungyeol's shoulders and gently pushed him away from his chest so they were facing each other. "This is to cancel out the first."  

And with that, the sunbae with the jet-black hair and dark eyes leaned in and touched his lips softly to Sungyeol's. 

 

Author's Note: Heeyy dear readers! Another chapter is up heheh. I really enjoyed writing Myungsoo's reaction to the kiss haha xD Hope you guys liked reading it ^^