Chapter 8

My Sweet Revenge, Love

‘You’re not sick or anything! You just fell for her, whoever she is.’

Dylan tossed and his bed. He stopped and stared at his bedroom ceiling. His friends’ words kept ringing in his head.

He’s falling for her? It couldn’t be. He’s supposed to hate her. He’s supposed to be mad at her for humiliating him. His grips tightened at the thought. There’s no way he liked her. It’s impossible.

However, what he didn’t realize was that his grips subconsciously loosened the more he thought about her.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh, good morning, Dylan. Why are you coming so early today? It’s Sunday,” Yueyue was surprised to see Dylan at her doorstep.

“Good morning! I hope I didn’t interrupt your sleep. I’m bringing breakfast,” Dylan raised a bag of breakfast up as he spoke. Recalling his friends’ words, Dylan finally took a good look at Yueyue. Her cheeks were slightly pink, and her hair was a bit messy since she just woke up. She was wearing an oversized t-shirt and a pair of pajama shorts. As his eyes trailed down, he realized that although she’s not tall, she did have pretty nice legs. Dylan shook his head slightly. ‘Get a grip, Dylan. You’re not coming here to check her out. You’re here to prove your friends wrong…that you don’t like her,’ Dylan thought.

Yue Yue felt nervous when she felt his eyes trailing all over her, so she cleared . Dylan snapped out of his thought at her sound. She then invited him in, and he obediently followed her inside. She asked him to sit on the sofa and poured him a drink.

“You can put the breakfast here, Dylan,” Yueyue said. When Dylan put the breakfast on the coffee table, he noticed a letter on it.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Oh. It’s a notice from the apartment. They said they would test the fire alarm at 8 AM today,” Yue Yue explained.

Dylan raised his eyebrow, “isn’t it too early?” Yueyue just shrugged.

“I guess we can say that it’s a free wake-up call for the residents,” Yueyue giggled.

Hearing her strange thought, Dylan couldn’t help but to chuckle as well, “A wonderful wake-up call indeed. You know what’s better?”

“What?” Yueyue asked, feeling curious but with a smile.

“A wake-up call from me,” Dylan winked (which he failed miserably). He burst out laughing when he saw Yueyue fell silent. The poor girl was blushing hard at the idea. He didn’t know when it started, but he strangely enjoyed teasing her.

“I’m just kidding! You should see your face!” Dylan laughed. Yueyue had to admit she felt a bit disappointed.

When Dylan settled down on her coach, Yueyue excused herself from him. She needed to get away to calm herself, and she needed to go wash her face and brush her teeth anyway, “please excuse me for a moment.”

As soon as Yueyue’s gone, Dylan stopped laughing. He leaned back on the sofa and let out a contemplating sigh.

When Yueyue came back, she saw Dylan spacing out on the sofa with his drink left untouched.

“Hey. Are you okay, Dylan?” Yueyue asked with concern after sitting down next to him.

“Oh. I’m fine. I’m just thinking about something,” Dylan replied. He then stared intensely at her. Yueyue felt her breath hitch under his piercing eyes, so she nervously diverted her gaze away.

“Yue,” Dylan called her with a strangely husky voice.

When she turned to him, she noticed that he’s leaning closer to her. Did she imagine things, or did his eyes narrow down on her lips?

“What are you doing?” Yueyue asked. She’s somehow surprised that her voice came out like a whisper. Her heart was pounding.

“I want to test something,” Dylan whispered, as he leaned closer.

“Test what-”

The next thing she knew, she felt his lips on hers. She struggled at first, but he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist—careful not to touch her left arm—and pulled her closer to him until their bodies flushed against each other. Her mind was running wild, but eventually, she softened in his embrace. He started gently at first, brushing and nibbling her lips. However, when Yueyue gasped for some air, Dylan took the chance to deepen the kiss and slip in his tongue. She was taken aback and was about to pull away, but his hand suddenly came up behind her head, securing her in place. The kiss continued until the fire alarm went off.

Dylan slowly pulled away from the kiss to rest his forehead against hers, as they both tried to catch their breath. Yueyue was still in a daze because of what just happened.

With his eyes still closed, he said, “Remember.”

He slowly opened his eyes and pulled away a little. Their faces were only a few inches apart. He stared straight into her eyes and continued, “November 19, 2018, at 8 AM on the dot.”

He then leaned in until there was almost no space between his lips and hers.

“The time I fell for you,” Dylan said before he captured her lips again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my lectures was canceled today, which means some free time to write this update! :D It’s such a short chapter, I know! The angel and the devil side of me were actually battling on whether or not I should leave it here or continue. Guess which side won? XD wahahaha. I’m so sorry!!

About the date, why November? Because it’s special; the introduction of YY and F4 and MG filming were all in November last year. Why November 19? It’s one the rumored dates that YY would join DD on The Inn. Hope it’s true! :3

Also, this chapter was mainly inspired by the Shin Se Gi's confession in a K-drama Kill Me, Heal Me. ^^

Because my school works have started to come at me like a broken dam, I may not be able to update regularly. Until then, take care! :D Hope you enjoy this chapter!