Chapter 10

My Sweet Revenge, Love

As soon as Yueyue was out of the archive room, she became aware of her surroundings. On her way to the copy room, she kept looking left and right and hid behind the pillars as if she’s a spy on a mission.

Dylan who was on his way to his office stopped on his track when he saw someone walking weirdly from the corner of his eyes. He squinted slightly to see who that was before his eyes opened widely. 

From a distance was Yueyue who was walking in the direction of the copy room. He frowned at her strange behavior. Why didn’t she tell him that she would be here today? What was she doing? He then let out a chuckle. If she’s trying to prevent people from noticing her, she failed miserably.

“Yueyue!” Dylan loudly called her, “What are you doing?”

Yueyue jumped a little before she completely froze when she heard her name being called. However, the moment she realized that it was Dylan who was walking toward her, she began to relax.

“Good morning, Dylan,” Yueyue greeted Dylan with a shy smile.

“Good morning,” Dylan smiled back at her and flicked her forehead. He laughed when she whined in pain. “That’s for not telling me that you’re coming today,” Dylan said, while Yueyue just pouted at his words. Dylan then noticed the document she was holding.

“What is that?” Dylan asked.

“It’s-” Yueyue paused. She was about to tell Dylan, but she remembered the director’s words about keeping it as a top secret. She looked at Dylan. Of course, she trusted him, but she thought she’d better keep it to herself so that she didn’t have to bother him about it.

“It’s nothing. It’s just the usual document that I need to copy,” Yueyue replied with a nervous laugh and avoided eye contact with him.

Dylan frowned at her answer. He looked between the document and her as if he was contemplating about something before his eyes completely focused on the document.

‘I’m sorry, Dylan. Please don’t ask me anything,’ Yueyue held her breath, hoping that he would drop the topic.

Dylan’s eyes focused back on Yueyue, and after a few seconds, his eyebrows began to relax.

“Alright. Then hurry up and go. You wouldn’t want to be late to the office,” Dylan told her with his dazzling smile, as he patted her head and messed up her hair a little in the process.

Yueyue quickly nodded, “Alright. I got to go. See you at the office, Dylan!” She didn’t even wait for his reply and proceeded to walk away briskly. As soon as she turned her back to him, Yueyue let out a sigh of relief that she didn’t realize she was holding.

However, what she didn’t notice was that Dylan was watching her with an indescribable gaze until she was out of sight.

Yueyue quickly made a copy of the document and brought it back to the director. She then went to put the document back in its place per the director’s order. As she closed the archive room, she smiled and felt proud at herself for completing her mission. However, she didn’t realize that there was a CCTV camera outside the archive room, which captured everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yueyue stretched on her chair with a wide smile on her face. For the first time, she managed to complete all of her tasks before her work shift was over. Today had strangely been a quite relaxing day for her because Dylan didn’t give her any heavy work. He only told her to analyze some documents, which was fairly easy for her.

Talking about Dylan, he had excused himself to find some documents for a while now. Yueyue looked at her watch, ‘The work hour is almost over. How comes he hasn’t come back yet?’ She frowned, but her thought was suddenly interrupted by the growling sound of her stomach.

Yueyue chuckled at herself. She’s used to having evening snacks when she was on her leave, so her eating schedule was a bit messed up now.

‘Should I wait for Dylan to bid him goodbye before going home for dinner?’ Yueyue pursed her lips in deep thoughts. She was about to decide to wait for him when her stomach growled again.

‘Shut up,’ Yueyue stared hard at her stomach as if it could hear her. Then her face suddenly lit up. She remembered that there was a snack vending machine near the break room. Maybe she could grab some snacks there while waiting for him. She smiled widely at the thought.

“Food, here I come-,” Yueyue was running out of the office door when she suddenly felt her blouse collar being caught and dragged back by someone. She felt herself being dragged backward slowly before she came face to face with Dylan who was holding her collar.

Dylan bent down until his face was the same level as hers before he asked her in a very low voice, “Where do you think you’re going?”

Yueyue’s breath hitched at their close distance. ‘Too close,’ she thought. She didn’t know what to do, so she closed her eyes and quickly said, “I’m hungry, and you haven’t come back, so I want to grab some snacks from the vending machine first.”

Seeing her acting like that, Dylan couldn’t hold his laughter. She looked like a guilty little child being caught red-handed by her mom or something.

‘Cute,’ Dylan chuckled and stared at her lovingly.

Hearing his laughter, Yueyue opened one of her eyes to peek at him. There he was laughing and looking at her, waiting for her to open her eyes.

“You don’t have to go there. The office hour is over. You should find something more nutritious to eat,” Dylan gently let go of her collar and walked into their office. Yueyue nodded and followed him behind—like a puppy—to pick up her stuff and go home.

When she’s done, she took a look at Dylan. He was about to finish arranging the documents on his desk like he usually did before he left the office.

“So you’re going home?” Yueyue suddenly blurted out. She internally cursed herself, ‘What was that, Yueyue?’

“No. I’m going out for dinner,” Dylan replied without stopping what he’s doing or taking a look at her.

Yueyue felt a pinch in her chest, ‘Is he going alone, or is he going with someone? If he’s going with someone, then’

“With who-?” Yueyue paused. Wait, did she just speak her thought out loud? ‘Congratulation, Yueyue. Now you sound nosy and desperate,’ she hit her head slightly.

Dylan put the last piece of document in order and grabbed his suit jacket from his chair. He finally looked up and made eye contact with her.

“With you,” Dylan said with a smirk.

“Eh?” Yueyue was taken aback, but before she could respond, Dylan already wrapped his arm around her shoulder and dragged her to the elevator, with a wide smile on his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could finally update! :D Honestly, I'm kinda struggling with the story a little, as it reaches this part. ^^" there are two directions it can go from here, and I'm still debating with myself about that. But I'll try my best! :D Hope you don't find it boring! thank you for reading, and commenting! Have a great weekend! ♡♡♡