Chapter 24

My Sweet Revenge, Love

The next day Dylan headed straight to Shen Yue's office. He had already determined that no matter how many competitors he had to face—whether Peng Peng or others—he didn't care. All he cared about was that he would try to win Yue back. The more he thought about Yue, the wider his smile appeared.

 

 

However, his smile vanished and was replaced with a frown when he found no trace of Yue in her office. Dylan glanced at his watch; it's already past 8 A.M. Strange, Yue was never late to work. His chest became heavier when he began to think about what could possibly happen. What if something bad happened last night? Damn it; he should have stayed behind and silently watched her until she got home safe! Dylan got more worried the longer he thought about it.

 

"Dylan, are you looking for Yue?"

 

Dylan snapped out of his thought when a member of Yue's team asked him.

 

"Yes. Do you have any idea why she isn't here yet?" Dylan asked, worried.

 

"Yue doesn't feel well. She has just called for a day off today," her team said.

 

"She's sick?" Dylan frowned.

 

"Yeah, Yue has worked very hard for this project. The fatigue must have got to her," her team added with concern.

 

"Can you help gather the team to meet me? I have something to say."

 

---------------------------------

 

Shen Yue groaned as soon as she opened her eyes. When she woke up this morning, she could feel a splitting headache and a slight fever. She only managed to make a quick call to her work-place before she collapsed back onto her bed. It was as if her energy had been completely drained out.

 

After massaging her temples and laying on her bed for a while, Shen Yue sighed and dragged herself out of her bed to the kitchen for a glass of water. The moment she took a sip of water, she let out a satisfied sound. She hadn't even realized how dry was, but now she felt a lot better after hydrating herself. When her eyes fell on the refrigerator, Shen Yue sighed.

 

"Should I make some breakfast?" Shen Yue contemplated, "But I'm not hungry at all."

 

However, her thought was soon interrupted by the sound of her bell.

 

'Who could it be at this hour?' Shen Yue saw that it was only 9 A.M. on the clock. She really had no energy to entertain any guest, but that ringing sound didn't stop. The sound made her headache even worse.

 

"Oh my god! I'm coming!" She frustratingly shouted and went to open the door.

 

.

 

"Oh, hi!"

 

Shen Yue stared at her 'guest' with an annoyed expression, "Why are you here?"

 

Dylan awkwardly rubbed his neck and smiled, "I heard you're sick, so I come here to check on you."

 

Damn it. Shen Yue could feel her heart skip a beat. A 'Dylan Wang' was not good for her heart, especially now that she was already sick, to begin with. She cleared and crossed her arms, "Well, thank you, but you see; I'm fine. You can leave now, Mr. Wang." She was about to close her door, but Dylan immediately used his hand to stop it.

 

"What do you want?" Shen Yue groaned.

 

Dylan smiled and raised what looked like a grocery bag up, "I bought some fresh ingredients. I can't just drive back to work with these, and I can't return them back to the store."

 

"Then get them back to your house!"

 

"Oh no, my fridge broke. It'd be a shame to let such fresh ingredients spoil," Dylan grinned and peeked inside Yue's house, "You have a fridge, right? Let me put them there before they go bad."

 

"Wait-" Shen Yue wanted to protest, but Dylan had already walked past her into her house and headed straight to her kitchen. She helplessly sighed and closed the door before she joined him in the kitchen.

 

"Hah! As expected, your fridge is almost empty," Dylan exclaimed when he checked Yue's fridge.

 

"As expected?" Shen Yue raised an eyebrow. Should she be offended about that?

 

Dylan ignored her question and began to put some grocery into the fridge, leaving some on the counter. After he's done, he turned his attention to Yue, "You are so workaholic; don't you know that? You stay over at work and skip your meals when you are too immersed in your tasks. I doubt you even cook at home."

 

"Excuse me? I do cook at home, okay? I just haven't got time lately because of the project!" Shen Yue whined. She was a bit offended if she was being honest.

 

"You should take care of your health even when you're busy," Dylan sighed. Concern was evident in his voice.

 

"It's my business."

 

"It's also my business because you're making me worried!" Dylan frustratingly said. Shen Yue paused when she heard his words; she could feel her heart rate increased again.

 

"Stop making me worried, okay?" Dylan's voice sounded almost like a pleading.

 

"What are you doing?" Shen Yue asked surprised when she saw Dylan reaching out his hand to her.

 

"Let me feel your temperature," Dylan sighed and felt her forehead.

 

[Flashback: Chapter 7]

 

"What are you doing?" Shen Yue asked surprised.

 

"Let me feel your temperature," Dylan gently pushed her hand away and felt her forehead.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

Thump; thump; thump. Shen Yue could clearly hear her racing heartbeat when she fell his touch and recalled the similar scenario before.

 

"You have a slight fever. Have you taken your medication yet?" Dylan asked with concern. Shen Yue could only shake her head; she felt her words were already lost because of her emotion.

 

"Don't tell me you haven't even had breakfast either," Dylan narrowed his eyes on her. He sighed but smiled slightly when he saw Yue looked down like a guilty child.

 

"Alright, now go back to your room and rest. I'll make some breakfast for you," Dylan twirled Yue around and gently pushed her out of the kitchen.

 

"You can cook?!" Shen Yue exclaimed when she heard Dylan's words.

 

"I live alone most of the time, Missy. Of course; I know how to cook," Dylan said, "Now go. You are banned from the kitchen until the food is done."

 

"Hey! But this is my kitchen and my house," Shen Yue resisted Dylan's push and turned to face him.

 

"You sure protest a lot for someone who is sick," Dylan chuckled, "You can either go to the room yourself, or I'll carry you there. You choose." He wiggled his brows, "Although it's been a while, I'll gladly follow the second option."

 

Shen Yue blushed, "Fine! I'll go there myself!"

 

"Alright. I'll call you when the breakfast is served," Dylan smiled and went back to the task at hand: cooking breakfast for Yue. Before Shen Yue left the kitchen, she turned back one more time to look at Dylan who washed his hands with his sleeves rolled up and started to prepare the ingredients. The corner of her lips curved up when she walked to her bedroom.

 

---------------------------------

 

"Yue. Yueyue."

 

Shen Yue slowly opened her eyes when she felt someone softly called her while shaking her gently.

 

"Em... What time is it?" Shen Yue groaned and rubbed her eyes.

 

Dylan chuckled. "It's 9:45 A.M. Wake up, sleepyhead. The breakfast is served," he fondly said and helped Shen Yue sat up. She really didn't expect to fall asleep as soon as her head hit her pillow.

 

The fragrant and comforting smell of congee hit Yue's nostrils as soon as she sat down at the dining table. Dylan scooped some congee into her bowl and set it down in front of her.

 

"This fish congee is good for the stomach when you're sick. My mom and sister would always make this for me when I was young," Dylan smiled, "But be careful. It's still hot."

 

Shen Yue scooped a spoonful of congee and gently blew on it before tasting it.

 

"How is it?" Dylan excitedly asked.

 

Shen Yue smiled widely, "Surprisingly, it tastes pretty good."

 

"Surprisingly? Come on. It's cooked by me, so of course, it'll taste good," Dylan proudly smiled at himself, while Yue rolled her eyes but with a big smile on her face.

 

"What?" Dylan chuckled before he fondly smiled, "You're the first person I've ever cooked for besides my family."

 

Shen Yue felt her cheeks started to heat up, especially with the look he gave her right now; her emotions were twirling around inside her again. Urgh. She needed something to distract her away.

 

"How is the team? I mean you're coming here instead of guiding them on the project," Shen Yue finally said.

 

Dylan sighed, "Don't worry. I've already divided tasks for them. After all, we're almost done with everything. They just need to do the finishing touch, and we can wrap up everything after you go back. Actually, they even told me to check on you."

 

"Oh, okay," Shen Yue said before she started digging in her food again. Both of them remained silent throughout the meal, but strangely, the silence did not feel awkward or uncomfortable at all. After they finished the breakfast, Shen Yue finally noticed something.

 

"Wait, how do you know where I live?" Shen Yue narrowed her eyes on Dylan.

 

'Sh*t' Dylan thought, 'She'll kill me if I told her I've been stalking her ever since.'

 

"Mr. Wang?" Shen Yue slowly asked with her sharp eyes grilling him for the answer.

 

Dylan gulped hard, 'Think of something, Dylan. Think of something before she kills you.' He looked at everything around the room except her while trying to find an excuse. After what seemed like an eternity for him, Dylan finally thought of something.

 

"Actually, I asked your team about where you live," Dylan nervously answered while internally apologized to Yue's team for dragging them.

 

"Oh, really?" Shen Yue sarcastically smiled, "Let me call them to ask-"

 

"No!" Dylan almost shouted. Shen Yue smiled wider and raised an eyebrow at Dylan, "No?"

 

"I mean...," Dylan nervously explained, "They are busy now. You shouldn't call them."

 

"Oh, don't worry. I'll make it quick," Shen Yue smiled widely.

 

"No, don't!" Dylan shouted.

 

"You didn't ask them, did you?" Shen Yue still smiled, but her smile was scary to Dylan.

 

"Fine!" Dylan finally surrendered, "I-" He paused when another idea came to his mind, "I secretly checked your address on your company database."

 

"You what?" Shen Yue exclaimed, smacking on her hand on the table which made Dylan jumped a little. If she reacted this strongly after hearing that, Dylan was pretty sure he would be dead if he told her the truth.

 

"Come on! I'm just really worried about you, okay? I just want to see you and make sure that you're okay," Dylan said. He then tried to change the topic, "You should take some medicines and rest now so that you can recover soon."

 

Shen Yue then sighed. While fighting with him, she completely forgot that she's still sick for a moment. But now that he mentioned it, she started to feel her fatigue again.

 

---------------------------------

 

The next time Shen Yue woke up, it was already evening. She had slept for almost a whole day. It's been a while since she had such a good long sleep, and it did make her feel a lot better. When she walked out of her bedroom, she paused for a few seconds because of the sound coming from the kitchen. As soon as she got there, she saw Dylan was busy preparing and tasting what looked like chicken soup. Her lips immediately curled up. Instead of calling him, Shen Yue leaned on her kitchen door to silently observe him. Although she might hate to admit it, she kinda enjoyed this feeling of seeing him in her home, cooking for her.

 

"Oh my god! You scared me," Dylan almost dropped the ladle when he turned around and saw Shen Yue silently stood there, which made her laugh at his reaction.

 

"How long have you been standing there?" Dylan asked.

 

"For a while," Shen Yue smiled and walked closer to him, "What are you making?"

 

"Chicken noodle soup," Dylan returned her smile, "It's almost ready." He then went to wash and dry his hands, "How's your fever?"

 

Hearing his question, Shen Yue immediately felt her own forehead.

 

"Let me," Dylan took her hand away and replaced it with his own on her forehead, "Your temperature is back to normal now. That's great."

 

Dylan smiled at her, while Shen Yue was in daze; she knew he had always been handsome, but at that moment, with his caring gestures, he strangely looked too unreal for her pounding heart.

 

---------------------------------

 

"Here. Drink this," Dylan brought Yue another glass of water when she was about to lay down on her bed after taking her medicine.

 

"Thank you," Shen Yue accepted it and took a few more sips before putting it on her nightstand.

 

"Are you feeling better now?" Dylan asked with concern.

 

Shen Yue smiled and nodded, "I feel a lot better now. I think I'll be as good as normal tomorrow morning."

 

"Alright. Now go to sleep; you haven't gotten enough sleep for a while. Take as much rest as you can, okay?" Dylan fondly said and helped Yue lay down on her bed.

 

"You really sound like my mom now," Shen Yue giggled.

 

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment," Dylan chuckled, "Now sleep." Shen Yue smiled and nodded.

 

Dylan then helped tucked her in, "Good night, Yue-" He paused when he saw Yue look at him with an expression he can't decipher. "I mean, Good night, Ms. Shen," he corrected.

 

Shen Yue sighed and closed her eyes, "You can call me by my name."

 

"What?" Dylan almost couldn't believe his ears. "I can call your name?" He could already feel himself grinning from ear to ear.

 

Shen Yue then turned her body to another side away from him and said, "But that doesn't mean I'll address you by name, too."

 

"It's okay! You can take your time. It's already great for me that I can call you name, Yue!" Dylan excitedly said.

 

Hearing excitement in his tone, Shen Yue couldn't help but smile. After a while, she began to feel the effect of her medication and started to drift into sleep.

 

"Good night, Yue."

 

Shen Yue could hear someone softly whispered that to her and felt a soft kiss on her forehead, which made her lips slightly curved up. That was the last thing she was aware of before she drifted into her dreamland. That night she had one of the best sleep she ever had in a while.

 

---------------------------------