Chapter 29

My Sweet Revenge, Love

"Wang He Di! What have you really done this time? Why did Shen Yue suddenly leave for London?" Xize busted through the office door of Dylan toward Dylan's desk, making Guan and Jingkang who were sitting in the office jumped a little. 

 

"Shen Yue went to London?" Jingkang seemed taken aback by the news, while Guan looked between Xize and Dylan. 

 

Dylan could feel all three pairs of eyes on him. He sighed and gave them a glance before he returned back to doing his work on his laptop. 

 

"Didn't I already tell you guys? We broke up," Dylan said with his eyes still fixed on the screen.

 

"I know, but why?" Xize sighed, "Don't you love her? I don't see you as the type to let someone you love go this easily."

 

Hearing that, Dylan stopped typing and looked straight at Xize, "Like I've told you guys, I love her. A lot. That's why I'm letting her go."

 

Guan, Xize and Jingkang looked at each other, while their friend immersed himself back in the mountain of work. 

 

The workaholic Wang He Di has returned.  

 

Xize sighed and knocked on the desk, "Alright. Come on. Let's go out for a drink. You've been working non-stop since the morning." 

 

"I'm busy. You guys can go ahead," Dylan replied without even stop what he was doing. 

 

Xize suddenly slammed his hand on the desk, making Dylan raised an eyebrow at him and causing Guan and Jingkang to jump. 

 

"You only do this because it helps distract you from thinking of her."

 

"So?" Dylan finally stopped what he was doing and crossed his arms over his chest. 

 

"You let her go, so you'd better get yourself together and stop this nonsense. It was better when you lashed out at us. Who knows what you're thinking right now?" Xize frustratingly said. 

 

Dylan sighed and looked around at Guan and Jingkang who were looking at him with concern before he turned to Xize. 

 

"I'm really well-composed right now, guys. I mean it," Dylan replied with conviction.

 

Xize looked at his friend for a long moment before he broke the silence, "how?"

 

"I have to," the corner of Dylan's lips then curled slightly upward as he began to have a distant look in his eyes, "Because I trust her. We broke up, but this is not the end of us."

 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

"Come on! Stop joking, Shen Yue! It's not funny," Dylan forced himself to laugh, but his smile was soon wiped off when he saw how serious she looked. 

 

It was not a joke. 

 

He could feel the weight of that sentence started to crash on him. 

 

"No, Shen Yue. No," Dylan shook his head, wishing that this was all just a dream.

 

"You promised me, Dylan." Shen Yue whispered, cupping his face with her hands.

 

"Why? I thought we were fine now?" That was all he managed to say.

 

Shen Yue used her thumps to slowly wipe the tears that were rolling down his cheek, while his arms wrapped around her waist.

 

"Our relationship was built on a lie, Dylan. That's not how it should be," she hushed him. 

 

"But I already told you the whole truth. We can start again," he whispered. 

 

Shen Yue shook her head, "Not like this. Do you trust me, Dylan?" She asked to which he nodded. 

 

"Trust me. Before you know it, the universe will bring me back to you so that we can start again in the right way," she whispered and kissed his forehead. 

 

His grip on her waist tightened when she tried to leave. 

 

"Please let me go this time. You promise," She whispered. 

 

Dylan slowly unwrapped his arms from her waist. Maybe she's right. Their chapter was full of lies and misunderstanding. Maybe this chapter of theirs needed to be closed so that a new one can begin. 

 

But did it have to be this way? He would disagree. However, this was what she wanted, and he trusted her with all his heart.

 

He watched her giving him a warm smile before she turned around and walked to the door.  

 

He felt like his heart was leaving his chest along with her, with every step she took.

 

"Good bye, Dylan Wang," he heard her said before she walked out the door.

 

She would find her way back to him. 

 

She would be back.

 

But for tonight, he would allow himself to be drown in the pain of letting her go.  

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

 

 

"One day the universe will bring her back to me," Dylan smiled.

 

Xize and Jingkang stayed silent. 

 

Guan, on the other hand, suddenly chuckled, "Your universe will bring herself back to you, Wang He Di."

 

Dylan raised an eyebrow at Guan's strange and sudden declaration, while Xize's and Jingkang's eyes widened and shot Guan an indescribable look. 

 

However, they didn't have time to ponder on that because Dylan's office door was suddenly busted opened. 

 

"Ah Di! What's with this news about you and Yue broke up? Explain this thing! Both of you were fine before I left, and I only left for two days for goodness sake!" Wang Lin came shouting at Dylan and sat down on the chair opposite Dylan that Xize pulled out for her. 

 

Oh oh. It was never a good thing when the legendary Wang Lin got angry. 

 

Jingkang quickly poured a cup of tea and handed it to Xize. 

 

"Auntie, please have a drink first," Xize handed the tea to her, but when she glared at him, he quickly shut up, put the tea in front of her and joined the other two on the sofa. He surely did not want to be there when she explode. 

 

After all, no one dared to underestimate the temper of the Wangs. 

 

"Explain this! What have you done this time?" Wang Lin returned her attention to her son. 

 

Dylan sighed, "Nothing."

 

"Nothing? If you didn't do anything, then why did Yue break up with you?" Wang Lin slammed her hand on the desk. 

 

Dylan didn't even flinch, but his three friends felt as if their souls had left their bodies. 

 

"I really didn't do anything this time, ma," Dylan calmly told his mother, "I explained everything to her, and she decided that we should officially end the relationship. After all, it started with a lie in first place."

 

"And you just decided to let her go just like that?" Wang Lin raised her voice again, which made Dylan lean back a little bit. If she kept raising her voice like that, he might go deaf sooner or later. 

 

"Me letting her go this time doesn't mean that I would let her walk out of my life, ma. She said she would come back, and I trust her," Dylan said. 

 

Wang Lin looked into her son's eyes. She could see determination in his eyes and the trust he had in Yue. She could only hope that it would really be the case. 

 

"I told you not to start with that nonsense revenge of yours, didn't I? You even ran away to Beijing and refused to return home. Look at what it became now. Because that revenge and lie, she decided to walk away again," Wang Lin sighed and softly scolded her son, "Keep this as a lesson, and think wisely before you do things next time. Hopefully, Yue will really come back. I really like her. You will be doomed if I really lose my future daughter-in-law." 

 

Hearing his mother, Dylan could only smile and nodded. 

 

"What. Did. I. Just. Hear."

 

As soon as everyone in the room heard the voice, they quickly turned to the door and gasped. 

 

"Ah Hsu!"

 

"J-Jie!"

 

"Hsu Jie!"

 

Blood was drained from everyone's face when they saw Wang DeeHsu stood at the door with her arms crossed. 

 

"What is this revenge thing, and what did ma mean that you ran away to Beijing? And you didn't even tell me when we were on phone all those times?" DeeHsu slowly stated, with her death glare shooting at Dylan. 

 

Oh shoot!

 

Universe, please have some mercy.

 

"Jie, I can explain-" 

 

Before Dylan could finish, he was already yanked out of his chair and thrown on the floor. 

 

"Haven't I taught you how to treat a lady? Haven't I told you not to hide things from me??!" 

 

"Jie! Wait! Help me, ma!" Before Dee Hsu could get him, Dylan quickly ran around the office, with his sister followed closely behind.

 

But it was not too long before she caught him again. 

 

Wang Lin, Guan, Xize and Jingkang grimaced at the sound of Dylan screaming for help and things crashing around the office. 

 

(Note: GIF above is how I imagine the scene to be like)

 

Wang Lin slowly raised her cup of tea and took a sip as if there was no death match between her children happening around her, "Do whatever you want, but make sure to keep him alive, Ah Hsu! We still need an heir to continue our family line."

 

"No worry, ma!" DeeHsu yelled back before she threw Dylan over the sofa. 

 

The F3 quickly got away from the sofa and ran to the other side of the room. The expression on their faces changed as if they could feel the secondhand pain from Dylan. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------- 

 

After the office was almost destroyed, Wang Lin decided to order DeeHsu to stop her 'education' on Dylan. 

 

Soon they were back to the sitting area in Dylan's office. 

 

Dylan was sitting on a single sofa with bruises all over his body, except his face (to F3's surprise). 

 

Sitting adjacent to him was Wang Lin who continued to sip her tea.

 

Guan was sitting with DeeHsu, across Dylan. He was pouring her the tea, while the said lady was crossing her arms and shooting Dylan a death glare. 

 

For Xize and Jingkang, they were massaging DeeHsu's shoulder, one side each. 

 

F3 seemed to enjoy seeing Dylan suffering from DeeHsu's wrath, as they appeared to suppress a laugh. 

 

With his sister in the room, Dylan could only glare at his friends. What a bunch of good friends he had indeed!

 

"So could anyone explain me what is all of this about?" DeeHsu finally ended the silence in the room. 

 

Dylan could feel a chill down his spine when he saw all pairs of eyes looking at him. 

 

Dear universe, he just wanted to stay alive until Yue came back. 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"What the fa-! Jie! Are you trying to kill me?" Dylan shouted. He barely dodged his head from a flying stiletto the moment he finished telling the whole story. 

 

"Might as well. I taught you better than this, Wang He Di!" Dee Hsu walked across the coffee table to yank Dylan's ear. 

 

"Jie! It hurts!" Dylan whined in pain, "Ma! Help me!"

 

Wang Lin just smiled and shrugged. Even she herself wouldn't want to get in between her daughter's wrath. 

 

"Don't even try to drag ma into this!" Dee Hsu yanked his ear harder. 

 

"Jie! Stop! Come on! I did tell her everything, didn't I?"

 

Dylan finally felt his sister release his ear, so he quickly rubbed it to sooth the pain.      

 

"Right. That's the one thing I'm proud of you," Dee Hsu smiled and patted his back, as if she wasn't trying to kill him earlier. 

 

"So what's your plan now?" Dee Hsu asked.

 

"What else? I'll wait for her to come back," Dylan leaned back onto the sofa and looked up to the ceiling.

 

"You really love her, don't you?"

 

Dylan smiled, "I do. A lot."

 

Dee Hsu smiled. Her brother has really grown up. 

 

But.

 

"What the fa-! Jie! Why did you smack me?"

 

"You said you trust her that she would come back, so stop sulking in this office! Go live your life! You living and enjoying your life doesn't mean that you betray her," Dee Hsu sincerely told her brother, "Guan, Xize and Jingkang. You three drag him out of this office now. Eat, drink or do whatever you want." 

 

"Copy that, Hsu Jie!" F3 grinned.

 

"What-?" before Dylan could say anything more, Guan already led the way, with Xize and Jingkang grabbing him by arms and dragged him out. 

 

Once the door was closed, Dee Hsu turned to her mother. Both ladies looked at each other and sighed. 

 

However, the silence was soon interrupted by the sudden ringing sound of Wang Lin's phone. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------- 

 

"What did you just say, ma?" Dylan couldn't believe what he just heard. 

 

Did he hear it wrong? 

 

Was it because he woke up too early today that his mind was still clouded?

 

"Your father has found another suitor for you, and he has already arranged a dinner to introduce you both tomorrow," Wang Lin slowly said.  

 

"This is a joke, right?" Dylan tried to laugh it off, but his laughter disappeared when he saw the looks on his mother's and sister's face. 

 

They were serious.

 

It was real. 

 

It was freaking real!

 

What kind of nonsense is this?!

 

---------------------------------------------------------