Chapter 19

My Sweet Revenge, Love

          

 

"Speak!"

 

Dylan jumped a little at Xize's sudden outburst. He had never seen Xize this mad at him before. Dylan was now sitting in Xize's living room, while Xize and Jiaqi (who was already in proper clothes) were sitting in another sofa adjacent to his.

 

Dylan scratched the back of his due to the awkwardness before he said, "I need your help."

 

"Help on what?" Xize asked, but he's clearly still mad at Dylan for interrupted his moment.

 

"I want to you check the flight history of someone for me," Dylan continued.

 

Xize rolled his eyes and took a deep breath, "You know you could just call instead of coming to bang my door this late at night, right?"

 

Dylan paused. Xize was right. How could he not think of that? He must be too anxious.

 

"Oh. Right," Dylan blurted.

 

Xize's face twitched. "Oh. Right?" Xize repeated Dylan.

 

'Oh no,' Jiaqi thought.

 

.

 

.

 

"Xize!"

 

"Xize! Babe! Calm down! You might kill him!" Jiaqi tried to hold Xize back. Xize was now jumping on top of Dylan and strangling him.

 

"Dude! Calm down! I can explain!" Dylan struggled to reason him, while Xize's hands were still on his throat.

 

"Fine!" Xize finally let go and got back to his seat, and Jiaqi was patting his back to calm him down.

 

Dylan coughed a few time while rubbing his neck to sooth the tension. He didn't expect Xize to strangle him for real. Damn, he already had a broken heart, and now he almost had a broken neck. What a day.

 

Dylan then started, "Yueyue ran away. She's now hiding from me."

 

Dylan's words were enough to get Xize back into his serious mode. "What happened? Did she find out about who you are?" Xize asked; concern was evident in his voice.

 

Dylan shook his head, "I don't know. All I know was that I did her wrong." He then proceeded to tell Xize about what happened.

 

Xize and Jiaqi sighed after hearing the whole story.

 

"Don't worry, bro. I'll help you track her and her brother down," Xize said.

 

"Yeah, don't worry, Dylan. We'll help you," Jiaqi assured, "But you should completely come clean with her when you meet her again."

 

Dylan nodded, "I will."

 

Xize then cleared his throat, "Now that I got your request. It's already late, bro." Xize narrowed his eyes on Dylan, which made the latter raise an eyebrow at him.

 

The next thing Dylan knew, Xize slammed his door in his face.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

[Changsa, Hunan]

 

"Here, drink this," Yueyue's brother handed her a glass of warm soy milk.

 

Yueyue obediently accepted it, "Thanks, Ge."

 

Shen Sunning sighed while looking at his baby sister. As soon as he came back home, he was so excited when their parents told him that Yueyue finally reached out to them and told them where she lived. He immediately flew to Beijing just to surprise her. However, his heart dropped when she ran into his arms and painfully cried that day. He had asked her what's wrong, but she refused to talk about it, so all he could do was to stay with her and comfort her.

 

"Did you have fun yesterday?" Sunning asked his sister.

 

"Yes! Du Jie is kind enough to bring me to Yuelu Mountain. The scenery is so beautiful there! Too bad you couldn't come with us, Ge!" Yueyue smiled, but Sunning noticed that her smile did not reach her eyes.

 

"I'm happy that you have fun with Dudu," Sunning said. Dudu was his friend in Changsa. He was very thankful when she volunteered to accompany Yueyue while he's away for his field study.

 

"You should hang around more today, baby," Sunning continued, "We have to return to Shanghai tomorrow."

 

Sunning observed how Yueyue's face fell into indescribable expression. The glint of sadness prominently appeared in her eyes again. He sighed before reach out to gently hold her hands with both of his.

 

"You know you can always talk to me anytime, okay?" Sunning assured her.

 

Yueyue smiled and nodded with her glossy eyes, "Thank you, Ge." She then gave him a tight hug. One day she would tell him, but for now, she needed more time to herself.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Sunning and his research team were walking out of the small village he conducted a survey on when he noticed a familiar person standing near the village entrance. Sunning raised an eyebrow at the person as if questioning what that person was doing here. When that person began to walk toward him, Sunning realized something. He was looking for him.

 

"Sunning Ge," the person politely nodded to greet him.

 

Sunning nodded to acknowledge him back before he turned to his team and told them he'd return by himself. As soon as his team was gone, Sunning turned to the person and signaled the person to follow him to a more secluded part of the village.

 

"Let's cut the chase. What do you want, Wang Hedi?" Sunning firmly asked the person.

 

"I like your straightforwardness, Ge," Dylan said, "I'm looking for Yueyue."

 

When he heard the mention of Yueyue, Sunning narrowed his eyes on Dylan. He kept looking at Dylan without saying anything for a long while until Dylan broke the silence.

 

"I'm sure you know where Yueyue is," Dylan looked at him in the eyes, "I was told that she left with you."

 

Sunning sarcastically laughed at Dylan before he shot a death glare at Dylan, "So you are the person behind my sister's tear." It was not a question.

 

Dylan suddenly felt a punch across his face. He fell to the ground from the impact, but the pain on his face was nothing compared to the pain in his chest. She was crying because of him.

 

Sunning knelt down and grabbed Dylan's collar. "That day she broke down so hard in my arms. I have never seen my sister like this," Sunning bitterly said, "What have you done to her?"

 

"I'm so sorry, Ge. I broke her trust and hurt her," Dylan bitterly answered. He was still mad at himself.

 

"The one you should apologize is her, not me," Sunning let go of Dylan's collar and pushed him back to the ground before he stood up and turned around to leave. But before he could take a step further, he heard the plea of Dylan which made him stopped.

 

"Please, Ge," Dylan pleaded, "Please let me see her. I will explain everything and make it up to her."

 

Sunning turned back to look at Dylan.

 

"Please, Ge," Dylan propped himself up on his knees, "I love her. I love her so much that it hurts when she's not here. I never realized I could feel so much true happiness and calmness until she appeared in my life. Please let me see her, Ge."

 

Sunning was in dilemma. He never expected a strong man like Dylan to appear this weak in front of him. The desperation, the pain, and the guilt in his eyes was so real. However, his heart as Yue's older brother still couldn't forgive Dylan for what he did to his sister. At least not yet.

 

"That's not for me to decide," Sunning said before he walked away, leaving Dylan there helplessly on the ground.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Yueyue was sitting on her bed alone. She had already done packing for Shanghai tomorrow. However, her heart ached when she thought of Shanghai. Would she meet him there? A part of her wished they would never meet again, but another part of her was still yearning for him.

 

She picked up her phone from her bed and scrolled through her photo gallery. Tons of photos of him and her were all over her phone.

 

"We looked so happy," Yueyue whispered. Her tears dropped on her phone, as she looked at a very happy pair of couple looking at the camera and made crazy face.

 

"But it all was a lie," Yueyue bitterly smile, "It was all his plan." Maybe it was selfish of her, but a part of her really hoped that at least their fun and happy moments were real. She hoped that maybe a tiny bit of his love could be real, but who was she fooling?

 

"Stop being stupid, heart," She painfully whispered when she felt the pain in her heart again. Suddenly, she heard someone knocking on her door, so she quickly wiped her tears and put her phone away. Once she felt that she's presentable, she told the person to come in.

 

"You're done with packing, baby?" Sunning asked as he sat down in front of her on the bed.

 

Yueyue nodded and faked a smile, "Yes, Ge."

 

Sunning's heart ached when he noticed Yueyue's red swollen eyes. He reached out his hand to pat her head. After a moment, he decided to tell her about his encounter earlier that day.

 

"Wang Hedi came to find me today," Sunning slowly said as he observed Yue's reaction. Yueyue's body immediately tensed up at the mention of his name.

 

"I don't understand what you're talking about, Ge," Yueyue feigned ignorance.

 

"He came to find you and apologize," Sunning continued.

 

Yueyue tightened her grips to keep herself together, "So you know everything?"

 

Sunning shook his head, "Not everything, but I know enough." He then gently held one of her hand, "So what's your plan now?"

 

"I'm not ready to face him yet, Ge," Yueyue looked at him.

 

Sunning sighed, "I don't know what happened between you two, but I know that the more you drag thing on, the more complicated it will get."

 

"Yes, Ge," Yueyue looked down.

 

Sunning let out another sigh and patted her head, "Let's keep that aside and sleep first. It's late. We'll have to leave early tomorrow." Yueyue nodded.

 

"Good night, Ge," Yueyue whispered.

 

"Good night, baby," Sunning kissed her forehead and took his leave. He gently closed Yueyue's door and leaned on it with his eyes closed. When he opened his eyes again, he took out his phone and sent a text to someone.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

"Have you checked everything to make sure you don't forget anything?" Sunning asked Yueyue as the taxi driver closed the car bunk.

 

"You've already asked many times, Ge. I already checked everything," Yueyue told her brother.

 

"Oh, okay," Sunning mindlessly replied. Yueyue frowned when she noticed her brother scanning around as if he's waiting for someone.

 

"Are you waiting for someone, Ge?" Yueyue asked which brought Sunning out of his thoughts.

 

"Oh, n-nothing," Sunning stuttered. Yueyue raised an eyebrow but decided to drop it. They had a flight to catch.

 

"Then let's go, Ge," Yueyue said and got inside the taxi.

 

'Why are you still not here?' Sunning frustratingly thought, but he had no choice but follow Yueyue into the taxi.

 

"Are you ready?" the taxi driver asked.

 

Yueyue looked at her brother, but when she saw no response from him, she answered the driver herself, "Yes, let's go."

 

As soon as the taxi began to move, Yueyue felt an impact from her side of the window. Her breath hitched when she saw the source of the fuss.

 

"Yueyue! Yueyue!" Dylan kept slapping on the taxi window while running after it.

 

"Do you want me to stop?" the taxi driver asked.

 

"Yue, don't you want to talk to him?" Sunning finally asked her.

 

Yueyue looked over to Dylan who kept running and calling her. She could feel her chest tighten, and her tears began to form in her eyes. She slowly shook her head at him before she turned back to look straight on the road.

 

"Please drive faster," Yueyue told the driver.

 

Sunning looked at her, feeling surprised, "Are you sure, baby?"

 

Yueyue looked at Sunning and said, "I'm not ready to face him yet, Ge." Sunning sighed and looked over Yueyue's shoulder to Dylan who was desperately running after the taxi without giving up. Then he glanced at Yueyue. Her tears were now falling over all her face, and she's still trying to avoid looking at Dylan.

 

'You two are both idiots,' Sunning thought and sighed.

 

Dylan soon could not catch up with the taxi, as his energy began to drain, and the taxi began to increase its speed. Dylan stopped running and tried to gasp for air. His chest hurt literally and figuratively because of the exhaustion and Yueyue's avoiding him. He could feel his eyes began to get glossy from his heartbreak.

 

Suddenly, he felt the vibration from his pocket. He soullessly pulled out his phone. His eyes immediately went wide when he saw who that was. However, as soon as he finished reading the text, his arm dropped, and he could feel everything crashed down on him. He fell on his knees in the middle of the road, as a few of his tears began to fall on the road.

 

"She knew," Dylan whispered.

 

"She knew," he repeated out of pain.

 

On his phone screen, a text message was on display.

 

'Don't come to find me again, or else I won't forgive you, Wang Hedi.'

 

---------------------------------------------------