Chapter 14

My Sweet Revenge, Love

On the next day, Dylan and Yueyue worked in his home office. By work, Dylan meant stealing glances and kisses from her here and there. Yueyue jokingly got annoyed with him for distracting her, so she grabbed her documents to work in his living room instead. And Dylan was left sitting alone in his office with a wide smile on his face while waiting for the video call from his friends.

“Someone is happy today,” Xize said the moment he saw Dylan who smiled even wider at his comment.

“Well, I’ve always been a happy person,” Dylan grinned. Xize and Jing Kang rolled their eyes.

“How’s that friend of yours by the way?” Xize teased.

Now it’s Dylan’s turn to roll his eye but with a smile on his face. Then he noticed that Guan, Xize, and Jing Kang were together at what looked like Guan’s place.

“By the way, why are three of you together today?” Dylan raised an eyebrow.

“Their girlfriends ditched them for a girl day out, so they came here to sulk,” Guan shrugged.

“Hey! You don’t have to expose us like this. It’s all your girlfriend’s fault,” Xize and Jing Kang snapped at their friend. Dylan just laughed across the screen.

“Now. Now. Stop fighting like a kid,” Dylan said.

“Did I hear that right?” Xize turned to ask Jing Kang.

Jing Kang nodded, “Dylan said that to us! The end of the world is coming!”

“Are you really Dylan? Where’s the Real Dylan?” Xize squinted his eye and leaned closer to the screen.

“Yah! What’s with that reaction?” Dylan glared at them, while Guan smiled amusedly.

“Dylan-”

Dylan looked up from the screen when he heard his name being called. He smiled sweetly when he saw Yueyue standing at his door. Yueyue was about to ask him something about the data on the documents, but she paused when she noticed that he’s on a call with someone.

His friends were also surprised at the female voice. Xize and Jing Kang froze and looked at each other. Then Xize suddenly smacked Jing Kang’s arm hard, and Jing Kang screamed in pain.

“It hurts! It’s not a dream!” Xize gasped, while Jing Kang rubbed his arm to soothe the pain and glared at him.

The smacking sound brought Dylan back to the screen. He looked up again and signaled Yueyue to wait for him. Seeing Yueyue nodded, he returned his attention to his friends.

“What was that?” Dylan asked.

“There’s a girl at your house?” Jing Kang asked in disbelief.

“Unbelievable! The last time we checked, you were still single and in denial!” Xize shouted in awe.

“And that was just around a week ago!” Jing Kang also exclaimed.

Dylan tried to cover his laptop speaker, but it was too late. Yueyue already heard that. He peeked at her, and she smiled amusedly back at him. He could only smile embarrassedly at her before he looked back at the screen and hissed at his friends.

“Do you have someone you want to introduce to us?” Guan asked with a glint in his eyes.

Dylan rolled his eyes again, yet he couldn’t help but smile widely.

“Yueyue! Can you come here for a moment? I’d like you to meet my friends,” Dylan called Yueyue. Yueyue smiled shyly and walked to Dylan. When she got there, she bent down to look at the screen and smiled sweetly. Yueyue was about to wave at his friends when Dylan suddenly pulled her down to sit on his laps, which resulted in an amused smile from Guan and an eye roll from Xize and Jing Kang

“Guys, this is Yueyue, my girlfriend,” Dylan smiled proudly before he continued, “And Yue, they are my best friends, Guan, Xize, and Jing Kang.” Dylan introduced them to Yueyue according to their seating order.

“Oh, they are the ones who sold you out to your sister?” Yueyue giggled, and Dylan amusedly nodded.

“Hey! What did you tell her about us?” Xize and Jing Kang glared at Dylan who simply shrugged.

“Well, we’ll deal with you later, but for now,” Xize and Jing Kang turned to the side to fix their hair before they returned to the screen and showed Yueyue’s their charming smiles.

“Hello, beautiful. I am Xize, the more handsome one,” Xize winked.

“And I am Jing Kang, the one with the perfect height,” Jing Kang showed his charming smile to her.

“Oh, hello. I’m Yueyue,” Yueyue giggled.

Dylan narrowed his eyes on his friends, but they were too focused on Yueyue to notice that. Guan smiled amusedly at Dylan. ‘If looks could kill,’ Guan thought with amusement.

“And my name’s Guan. It’s our pleasure to finally meet you,” Guan smiled warmly.

“It’s my pleasure to finally meet you guys, too,” Yueyue nodded and smiled warmly back.

Xize then smiled evilly, "You know what, Yue. Last week, Dylan, he-"

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Dylan interrupted and shot a death glare at Xize who was laughing his heart out. 

“I’m sure you already know this, Yue. Dylan has a good heart,” Jing Kang started. He smiled when he saw Dylan's satisfied look.

"But he can be so childish most of the time!" Jing Kang continued. Dylan's jaw dropped, but before he could protest, Xize already spoke up.

“Yeah, he can be quite a handful sometimes, so if he’s getting out of hand, you can always come to us,” Xize said. Guan who didn't say anything nodded to Xize's comment.

“Hey! You guys are my friends or what?” Dylan glared at his friends, but they all including Yueyue laughed at him. However, he had to admit that his heart was full, seeing his girlfriend getting along with his best friends.

“I think she had something to ask you earlier. You can help her first, Dylan,” Guan said.

“No, it’s ok. I can ask him later,” Yueyue waved both of her hands.

“We insist,” Xize smiled warmly at her.

“They’re right. I’ll help you first. What do you want to ask me, babe?” Dylan smiled.

Seeing that, Yueyue couldn’t refuse. She showed him the parts she was unclear, and he fondly answered her questions. Xize, Jing Kang, and Guan watched their exchange with teasing smiles.

“That’s all. I’ll get back to work. You shouldn’t keep your friends waiting any longer,” Yueyue shyly said. Dylan looked at her lovingly and nodded.

“Thank you, guys! I’m really sorry to interrupt earlier. It’s very nice to talk with you, but I gotta do my work now. I’ll talk to you guys later!” Yueyue told Guan, Xize, and Jing kang.

“It’s no big deal. Talk to you later!” three of them replied. They waved at each other before Yueyue left the room. Dylan watched her adoringly until she’s gone. When he turned back to the screen, he saw Xize and Jing Kang taking out their wallets and gave their money to Guan.

“What are you doing?” Dylan raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing,” Guan smiled counting his newly received money, while Xize and Jing Kang grumpily put their wallets back in their pockets.

“By the way, her name sounds familiar,” Guan suddenly said when he finished counting the money.

“Guan’s right. 'Yueyue' really sounds familiar,” Jing Kang frowned.

“Wait. What was the name of Dylan’s runaway bride again?” Xize asked, looking between Jing Kang and Guan.

“Shen Yue,” Guan said, with his eyes on Dylan.

“Right,” Xize and Jingkang nodded, but then realization hit them, so they snapped their head back to look at Dylan on the screen.

“They are the same person, aren’t they, Dylan?” Guan calmly asked Dylan. Dylan who stayed quiet earlier finally sighed and nodded.

“Wow, isn’t that great?” Xize and Jing Kang laughed, but they abruptly stopped when they noticed neither Dylan nor Guan laughed with them.

“Does she know?” Guan asked calmly. Dylan shook his head.

“Don’t tell me…” Before Xize could finish his words, Dylan already nodded.

“You should come clean to her, Dylan. I’m afraid it might cause you problems later,” Guan said with concern.

“I know,” Dylan sighed, “I just haven’t found the right timing yet.”

“You’d better do that soon,” Xize said. Dylan nodded, and the three could only sigh.

“Anyway, we heard that the blind auction for the land is coming soon,” Guan brought them back to the purpose of the call.

Dylan turned serious and nodded, “It’s coming in 2 days.”

“How’s the preparation? Are you confident about that?” Guan asked with concern.

“We know how much you want that land. It’s a golden location for your new hotel,” Xize said.

“We know your skills, but this time your main opponent in the auction is the Tian,” Jing Kang said.

‘The Tian. Our strongest opponent in business,’ Dylan smiled at the name.

“Don’t worry. I know my enemy. I’ve already come up with the perfect bid for the auction. They can only win if the amount they submit is 0.1% more than us. More than that, they’ll lose their net value,” Dylan smirked, “It’s a lose-lose for them unless….”

“Unless what?” Xize and Jing Kang frowned.

“Unless they know the exact amount we plan to submit, which is impossible,” Dylan smiled. Xize and Jing Kang also smiled.

“Where do you keep the auction analysis document, Dylan?” Guan—who didn’t laugh with others—asked.

“In the archive of the hotel branch I’m currently working at,” Dylan answered.

“Seriously? How can you keep such an important document there?” Xize frowned.

“Are you using that ‘the most dangerous place is the safest place’ again?” Jing Kang rolled his eyes.

Dylan kept smiling and said nothing, while Guan looked at him, with a frown. Something did not feel right.    

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back! I'm really really sorry for updating this late! :') School has been very hectic lately. And yes, it's double update today! :D Basically, it's supposed to be only 1 chapter, and the last chapter was supposed to be only around 200 words or so, but I got carried away while writing their moments, and I don't want to cut it out. :') So it's basically extra chapter for you guys! 

Also, thank you so much for reading, for all the votes and comments! :D Thank you! <3 Hopefully, I could update again this weekend! Until then, have a great day/night!