Chapter 7

My Sweet Revenge, Love

“I’m so happy! I didn’t expect all of you to visit me, not to mention bringing these many fruits.” YueYue said happily while eating her lunch.

“Don’t mention it,” Those girls faked a smile, silently mourning over the money they just lost over those fruits.

“How are you, Yue? Do you feel any better?” Dylan asked. He told himself that he’s not worried. It’s just a courtesy and a normal thing to ask a co-worker.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m feeling a lot better! I’ll be able to get back to work in no time! Thank you, Dylan,” Shen Yue genuinely smiled at Dylan.

Dylan, however, kept staring at her. He noticed that her cheeks looked a little red. ‘Does she have a fever?’ He frowned. Shen Yue blushed when she saw Dylan kept staring at her. It didn’t help because it made her even redder. She needed to do something before she blushed to death.

“Oh, right, you guys brought too many fruits! I don’t think I can eat all of them. Why don’t we share?” YueYue blurted out. She heaved a sigh of relief when Dylan finally looked away for a moment.

The three girls nodded enthusiastically, but Dylan suddenly closed his lunchbox and announced that it’s time to leave.

“But-” the girls protested.

“We’ll be late if we don’t leave now,” Dylan insisted. The girls didn’t dare to refuse Dylan, so they grumpily said goodbye to YueYue and dragged themselves out of her apartment.

“Are you sure you’re feeling okay? You look like you’re having a fever,” Dylan asked Shen Yue again.

“Of course. I am fine!” Shen Yue awkwardly laughed. She did have a little fever, but she already took medicine, so she’s feeling a lot better now.

Dylan was still skeptical, so he reached out his hand to her. Shen Yue was surprised, but she managed to stop his hand.

“What are you doing?” Shen Yue asked surprised.

“Let me feel your temperature,” Dylan gently pushed her hand away and felt her forehead.

During that moment, Shen Yue felt her heart skip a beat. What was he doing to her?

“You feel a bit hot to touch,” Dylan said, “make sure to take medicine, drink a lot of water, and take a good rest. Okay?”

Shen Yue just silently nodded her head.

“Alright, the lunch break is over soon. I got to go. Rest well,” Dylan said before taking his leave.

“Thank you,” Shen Yue thanked him and closed her door. She leaned on her door and took a deep breath with her hand on her chest. “Be still, heart,” she whispered.

On the other side of the door, Dylan took a last glance at YueYue’s door before quickly walking away. He felt that strange feeling again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“The almighty Wang Hedi is finally here, or... is it just Dylan Wang?” Xize joked. Laughter soon followed. They sometimes didn't really understand why Dylan would choose to live with a fake identity, but Dylan would always shrug and told them that he just wanted to live a normal life away from the drama and the prying eyes of the public as long as he could. 

Hearing his friends' joke, Dylan just glared at them on the screen. Four of them; Dylan, Xize, Guan, and JingKang; were having a video conference. 

“I still don’t understand how no one has yet exposed your real identity,” JingKang shook his head.

“That’s why the most dangerous place is also the safest place,” Dylan grinned.

“Oh, there goes the master,” Xize and JingKang rolled their eyes.

“Now, now, let’s get back to our meeting, shall we?” Guan interrupted. He’s always the one to make sure they didn’t go off track too much.

‘What would we be like without Guan?’ Dylan always wondered, ‘a kindergarten mess, maybe.’ He chuckled to himself.

“Alright. How’s the progress of everything?” Dylan asked.

“For the advertisement plan of the Wang Hotels, my firm already completed it. I already sent the plan to your main marketing department and sent a copy to you,” JingKang said.

“Yes, I’ve already gone through some parts of it. So far, there’s no problem. Guan, have you talked to Yihan about us wanting her to be the new brand ambassador for our hotel chain in Shanghai?” Dylan asked.

“Yes, she already agreed. Now we’re drafting the contract. I will send a copy to you once it’s done.”

Dylan nodded, “Xize?”

“I already discussed with my father about the cooperation plan between our travel agency and your hotel chains. He is quite interested in that, and he hopes to meet and discuss more details soon.”

“Wonderful. Could you pass this news to my parents?”

“They’re your parents. Why don’t you just tell them yourself?”

“You surely know why,” Dylan glared at Xize again.

“Sure, but when will you stop acting like a child and talk to your parents already?” Xize raised his eyebrow.

“Dylan has always been a child, Xize. I thought we all already established that fact,” JingKang winked.

“You both!” Dylan pointed at them on his screen, “Did you see that, Guan? And you’re not helping me?”

Guan just laughed at his friends' bickering. It’s always been very amusing to him.

 

“You guys are such bullies! You should be glad I love you, or else you all would be dead by now,” Dylan huffed. 

 

“Ew. Said the one with a runaway bride. No, thank you. We already have our own girlfriend to love us. We don’t need you,” Xize teased. Everyone laughed except Dylan who suddenly seemed to be troubled by something. That was not the usual reaction they expected, and Guan quickly noticed that.

“What troubles you, Dylan?” Guan asked. Xize and Jingkang stopped laughing and paid attention to Dylan.

“What? Nothing,” Dylan denied, but he felt everyone’s eyes narrowed on him.

“Fine! Fine! There’s one thing,” Dylan finally admitted, “Actually I have a question to ask you guys.”

The other three just shrugged their shoulder, as if telling him to ask whatever he wanted.

“So this friend of mine… He hates a girl. Well, no, he doesn’t really hate her; he’s angry at her because she once did him wrong. Since then he wants to make her suffer, but whenever he sees her suffer, he feels bad. When he sees someone bullies her, he feels so annoyed. He can’t help but stand up for her. He wants to scream at her when she does something stupid and dangerous. He feels irritated when he doesn’t see her. Recently, he’s even worried about whether she eats and sleeps properly, so he just wants to know why he is like that. What do you guys think? Is he sick or something?”Dylan said all of that in one breath because of his nervousness. 

“Woah. Slow down, Dylan!" Guan, Xize, and Jingkang laughed at Dylan's demeanor. 

"Come on! I'm being serious here!" Dylan whined. 

"Hahahaha. But seriously, did you just ask us a question that even a 5-year old can answer?” The three couldn’t believe how dense their friend can be sometimes.

“Hey! If I know, why would I bother asking you?” Dylan felt a bit offended.

“You’re not sick or anything! You just fell for her, whoever she is,” JingKang laughed.

“I like her? Nonsense!” Dylan denied, but he couldn’t help thinking…did he? Then he realized something, “Hey! I didn’t say it’s me. I said it’s my friend!”

“Right, your friend,” Xize and JingKang said at the same time.

“I’m pretty sure that we’re the only friends you have, Dylan,” Guan said, sipping his hot tea.

“Ouch,” Xize and JingKang clapped, while Dylan gasped. Did Guan just say that to him?

“I’m ending this call,” Dylan said.

“Okay, but please help congratulate that friend of yours for us! Congratulation for finally falling in love after 28 years! We even thought that day would never come!” Xize said.

“Yeah, tell him we’ll be waiting for good news. Xiao Zi, Jiaqi and Yihan will be glad to meet his girl,” JingKang laughed.

“Hey! I said it’s not me!”

“We didn’t say it’s you, Dylan. We just want to congratulate your friend,” Guan smiled.

“I’m not talking to you guys anymore,” Dylan ended the call. The remaining three just laughed at their idiot friend.

“What do you guys think?” Xize asked amused.

“One month,” Jingkang chuckled.

“One month? Come on! Didn’t you see how he’s like? I’ll say two months at least,” Xize shook his head feeling amused,” What about you, Guan?”

“Less than 10 days,” Guan continued to sip his tea, ignoring the gasp of his two friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guan be like: the tea is exceptionally good today. hahaha

Now it's the F3 to the rescue! However, whether their words would get to Dylan or not still remains a question. XD Hope you like this update! 

Oh, as you may already notice, that fever scene was actually inspired by MG ep 3. I swear I swoon so hard when I first saw that scene! That was the moment I knew I'm Team DMS all the way this time although, in other versions, I was always torn between ah Si/Domyouji and Lei/Rui in the first half of the series. I should stop rambling now! hahaha. 

I may not be able to update tomorrow, but we'll see. :') As always, thank you so much for reading and commenting! It means so much to me! :D Have a nice day!