Chapter 27

My Sweet Revenge, Love

"Hi, Yue! You're here!" Wang Lin who just got out of Dylan's room greeted her. 

 

"Hello, auntie! How are you?" Shen Yue smiled warmly at Wang Lin. 

 

"Great, but I can't say the same for someone inside the room," Wang Lin winked at Yue.

 

"Oh, what happened?" Yue smiled amusedly. 

 

"Because you're late today, someone is grumpy and refused to have his dinner without you," The older woman winked at her. 

 

"I see," Shen Yue chuckled, "I've got this, auntie. You can go to rest. It's already late."

 

"Alright. If that idiot gives you a hard time, don't hesitant to let me know, ok?" Wang Lin took Yue's hand and adoringly patted it, to which Yue could only smiled and nodded at the warm gesture.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

"Ah...."

 

Shen Yue rolled her eyes at the man-child in front of her while trying to suppress her smile, "I'm pretty sure that your hands are not injured, Dylan." 

 

It has been three days since Dylan regained consciousness and returned to the Wang mansion. Since then, she has visited him every day after work to make sure that he eats properly and recovers well. Today was just like any other days; she was sitting on a chair next to his bed, trying to get him to eat his dinner, and this man didn't seem to make it easy for her.   

 

Dylan propped himself up on his bed and crossed his arms over his chest with a pout, "My hands are stupid. They don't have any strength! Come on! Feed me, Shen Yue!"

 

Shen Yue raised an eyebrow at him with a smile, "Didn't you just get yourself up? Look pretty energetic to me."

 

Dylan raised one hand to protest, but he stopped mid-air when he realized that he just got caught. He huffed and crossed him arms over his chest again, "So are you gonna feed me or not?"

 

"No," Shen Yue sweetly rejected at him, with a big smile on her face. Somehow it's fun to now that the table has turned. 

 

Dylan pretended to gasp out of shock. Well, two can play this game. "How grateful of you! I saved your life, woman!" he joked, but his playfulness was soon wiped off his face when he saw her smile slowly disappeared. CODE RED! His internal alarm went off. He has just stepped on the landmine. 

 

Her eyes narrowed at him, making him gulp nervously. 

 

"Oh, you dare to bring that up now, huh," she stated slowly, which sent shiver down his spine.

 

Her expression then turned into sorrow, "Do you even realize how worried I was? I was so scared at that time when I saw blood running down your face! I really thought I would lose you at the time!" 

 

Dylan felt his heart skipped a beat when he heard her confession. A big grin slowly appeared on his face, as he engulfed her in his embrace, "Shh, now I'm here, aren't I? Don't worry. I won't leave you that easily. Whether you want it or not, you're stuck with me now, Shen Yue," he tightened his embrace and planted a kiss on her forehead. 

 

"How can I not worry about you, stupid?" she whispered. 

 

As soon as he heard it, his breath hitched. His heart skipped another beat. He could already imagine this.

 

Wang He Di

 

12.20.1998 — 02.19.2019

 

Cause of Death: A beautiful tiny woman named Shen Yue

 

 

 

 

While he was turning jelly from her words, he didn't notice when she slowly release herself from his embrace. He didn't notice when she slowly grabbed a pillow behind him. He still didn't come to his sense when he felt a thud. One. Two. Three. And it kept coming!

 

"What are you doing, Shen Yue?" He screamed while trying to get the pillow out of her hands.

 

"What else? Give you what you deserve for joking with me like this! Since the accident didn't kill you, I'll do it myself!" She shouted and continued to beat him with the pillow. 

 

Now this woman will be the death of him. Literally. 

 

"Calm down, Yue! Calm down!" He struggled to get hold of her, so he decided to grab her waist and tickle her on the bed. Soon the sound of fight turned into laughter.

 

"Stop it, Dylan! Stop it!" Shen Yue struggled to breath, as Dylan continued to tickle her. 

 

"No!" He laughed and kept tickling her. 

 

"Please, Dylan! Stop it! I can't breathe!" she laughed. 

 

"Do you surrender now?" He paused for moment to let her breathe. 

 

Her eyes then lit up, "No!" She quickly pinned him to the bed, got on top of him and started tickling him back.  

 

"You little devil! Stop it! Hahaha. Stop!" 

 

"No!" Shen Yue laughed while tickling him. 

 

 

.

 

.

 

"Did I interrupt something?"

 

Dylan and Shen Yue immediately stopped and turned to the door. Guan was leaning on the door with his arms crossed over his chest and an amused smile. 

 

Dylan and Yue turned back to look at each other and realized their awkward position, with her being on top of him. They immediately broke apart and sat on different sides of the bed. Blush slowly crept on their cheeks. 

 

To break the tension in the room, Dylan quickly cleared his throat, "What are you doing here, Guan?"

 

Guan shrugged and walked toward Dylan's side of the bed, "I'm sleepy, and your place is closer than mine." He then grabbed Dylan and threw him off the bed before laying down and getting himself comfortable under the comforter. 

 

"Hey! That's my bed!" Dylan put his hands on his hip and protested. 

 

"So? Go sit on the other side," Guan stated as a matter of fact while pointing his thump to Yue's side.

 

Dylan rolled his eyes and looked at Shen Yue who was biting her lip to hold her laughter. His eyes grew darker, as he looked at her lips. 

 

Shen Yue could feel his piercing stares on her, and as soon as she saw his eyes, her breath stopped, and her urge to laugh completely disappeared. He was looking at her as if he was a wild animal ready to pound on his prey. 

 

"Don't worry. I'm a heavy sleeper. You guys do your thing," Guan waved his hand and said with his eyes still closed, which was rewarded with Dylan smacking him with a pillow. 

 

Shen Yue nervously laughed and got off the bed to pick up her purse, "It's late. I think I gotta go now. See you tomorrow, Dylan! See you, Guan!" 

 

Dylan watched as she quickly rushed to the door, but before she walked out of the door, she turned back and smiled, "Oh, by the way, I almost forgot. Guan, Dylan wants someone to feed him, so maybe you can help with that! Please make sure he finish his dinner. Good night!" She winked at Dylan and quickly closed the door behind. 

 

Dylan's eyes went wide at her words. THIS WOMAN! 

 

When he turned back to look at Guan, he saw that Guan already sat up and reached for the tray of food. 

 

Guan then smiled at him amusedly, "So are you gonna eat it yourself, or...?" 

 

Dylan quickly smacked Guan's hand, and snatched the tray away from him. Eating it himself, it is.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

"Oh, Yue. You're leaving already?"

 

Shen Yue turned around to see Wang Lin holding a folder. The older woman looked like she was about to go somewhere.

 

"Yes. Are you going out at this hour, auntie?" Shen Yue politely asked. 

 

Wang Lin smiled and nodded, "Some business issue happened, so I have to return to Macau immediately."

 

"Is it serious?" Shen Yue asked with concerned, to which Wang Lin replied with a wave of her hand, dismissing her concern. 

 

"It's urgent and needs my presence, but it's not really a serious problem. Don't worry."

 

Shen Yue smiled and nodded. 

 

"Since you're here, can you do me a favor? Can you help put this document on Dylan's desk for me?"

 

"Sure, auntie!"

 

"His home office is the second room to the left on the second floor. You can just put it somewhere on his desk," Wang Lin smiled and handed her the folder.  

 

"Got it, auntie!" Shen Yue smiled and took the document. 

 

"Thank you, Yue! I have to go now. Join us for dinner when I get back, ok?" Wang Lin smiled and held the younger's hand. 

 

"Yes, auntie! Please have a safe flight," Shen Yue smiled and hugged the older. 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Shen Yue smiled when she got into Dylan's office. As expected everything was arranged and put in order.  She took her time looking around, as she walked toward his desk. She let out a chuckle when she saw different shapes of rubix cubes laying on one side of his desk. She had no ideas he actually played with those toys.  

 

However, when she put down the folder, she accidently knocked a round-shaped rubix cube off his desk. The toy rolled over to the other side of the desk where Dylan's chair was. Shen Yue quickly walked over to get it back. 

 

When she bent down to get the toy, something inside the slightly opened bottom drawer of Dylan's desk caught her eyes.

 

 Did her eyes just play a trick on her?

 

The rubix cube was forgotten. 

 

Shen Yue hesitantly pulled the drawer and slowly took out a folder. 

 

Her hands began to shake, as she kept going through the content inside. 

 

Finally, her hands gave in.

 

She slumped to the floor.

 

The folder was dropped, scattering its content around her. 

 

There she was sitting on the office floor, looking intently at the photos of herself which were secretly taken over the span of previous months.               

 

------------------------------------------------------