Chapter 13

My Sweet Revenge, Love

"You're still laughing?" Dylan smiled when he saw Yueyue laughing in his passenger seat from the corner of his eyes. Both of them were in Dylan's car on their way home.

"I'm sorry, Dylan. Whenever I think of your face after that fall, I can't stop laughing," Yueyue laughed.

"Hey! Yours wasn't any better," Dylan chuckled.

"Alright. Alright," Yueyue tried to calm herself down from the laughter. Soon they both fell into a comfortable silence. Yueyue peeked at Dylan before she smiled and turned to look at the city light outside the car window. That was when she realized something.

"Hey, Dylan. This is not the way to my place," Yueyue asked Dylan, feeling confused.

"Who said we're going to your place?" Dylan said.

"Then where are we going?" Yueyue's eyes went wide.

"My place," Dylan smirked before he sped up the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow. This is so beautiful!" Yueyue exclaimed when she saw the beautiful skyline from the tall glass window of Dylan's penthouse. Dylan went to stand next to her before he turned his head to her.

"Very beautiful indeed," Dylan said in a low voice, with his eyes fixed on her beautiful face. His eyes then fell on her clothes, and he immediately cleared his throat. Yueyue turned to look at him because of the sound.

"I think you should change out of your wet clothes before you catch a cold. You can use mine," he said.

"Oh. Ok," Yueyue nodded.

"My room is the one with the double door. You can find new clothes in the very left corner of the closet," Dylan said.

"Ok, I'll go and get change then," Yueyue said with a smile. Dylan returned her smile and nodded. He watched her walking towards the direction of his room. As soon as she's out of sight, he turned around to look at the skyline outside the window. He was somehow thankful that the warm light of his house helped hide away the blush on his face.

The moment Dylan walked into his bedroom, he could hear the sound of the shower from his ensuite. He smiled before he grabbed a fresh set of his black pajamas, and went to another room for a shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Dylan was sitting in the living room, he heard footsteps coming closer to him. He looked up and saw Yueyue in his black button-up pajamas shirt which fell past her mid-thigh and a pair of his black boxer. His shirt surely looked like a dress on her. They both then chuckled when they realized that they wore matching pajamas.

Dylan walked toward Yueyue with a warm smile. He then took her hand and brought her back to his room. He let her sit on the edge of his bed before he went to grab his hairdryer to dry her hair for her. Yueyue smiled shyly, as she felt his fingers gently combed through hair while drying. When he's done, he put the hairdryer back in its place and came to sit next to her on the bed, patting her head.

"It's already very late. You can sleep here; I'll sleep in the guest room," Dylan smiled fondly at her.

"No, you can sleep in your room; I'll take the guest room," Yueyue softly protested.

"No, I insist. Don't fight me on this," Dylan shook his head, so Yueyue could only agree.

"Also, you don't have to wake up early tomorrow," he said.

"Eh, what about work?" she asked. He then leaned closer to her. Their faces were only inches apart.

"I forgot to tell you. The perk of being my temporary assistant is that you can work from home from time to time," Dylan whispered, to which Yueyue could only reply with an "Oh" because her heart still was pounding from their close proximity.

"And the perk of being my girlfriend is that you can work from my home," he winked.

Yueyue blushed, but then she smiled mischievously, "I haven't agreed to be your girlfriend though."

"Oh," Dylan pouted a little.

Seeing that, Yueyue giggled, "Because you haven't asked."

Dylan chuckled and playfully messed up her hair, "You scared me there... Well then."

Dylan stood up from the bed and bent his body a little, with his left hand behind his back. He then cleared his throat and offered her his right hand with his dazzling smile, "Miss Shen Yue, would you give me the honor and the joy to be your boyfriend?"

"What is that?" Yueyue laughed at his cheesiness.

"Would you, milady?" Dylan smiled wider and continued to offer his hand.

Yueyue giggled. She then also stood up and pretended to fix her clothes and her hair before she put her hand in his, "Gladly."

Dylan grinned and immediately pulled Yueyue into a hug. Happiness radiated from both of their faces.

"You should really sleep now. We still can't slack off from work tomorrow," he joked after they pulled away from the hug.

"Good night, girlfriend" Dylan smiled fondly at her before he kissed her forehead.

"Good night, boyfriend" Yueyue whispered back.

Dylan was about to head for the door when he felt his wrist being caught. He turned back to look at Yueyue

"I'm really happy today. Thank you," she smiled warmly, to which he returned.

Then his eyes lit up mischievously, "Then where's my reward?"

"What reward?" Yueyue chuckled. Dylan then leaned down and put his cheek close to her. His finger tapped on his cheek, asking her for a kiss. Yueyue rolled eyes but smiled widely before she leaned in to give him the kiss. However, before her lips touched his cheek, Dylan quickly turned his head, stealing a peck from her.

"Good night, babe" Dylan mischievously grinned and quickly walked out of the room, leaving Yueyue standing there thinking about what just happened. She then broke into a giggle.

That night they both fell asleep with their heart full of happiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------