Chapter 12

My Sweet Revenge, Love

'3, 2, 1,' Dylan counted down in his head. As if it's on cue, Yueyue snapped her head to look at him, with hanging open.

"What?" Yueyue exclaimed.

"I thought we already settled this," Dylan smiled.

"Settled what?" Yueyue frowned, which made Dylan paused. She really looked genuinely confused.

He blinked, "are you feigning ignorance, or are you really confused?"

"I'm really confused! What are you talking about?" Yueyue pouted.

"You really didn't hear what I said last Sunday?" Dylan asked her in disbelief.

"Hear what?" Yueyue paused, "oh, I remembered you said something! But the fire alarm was too loud; I couldn't hear anything." She scratched the back of her head out of guilt.

"What??" Dylan almost shouted.

'Are you kidding me, woman?' he screamed in his mind. He quickly turned his head away from her to take a deep breath, 'Calm down, Dylan. Calm down.' When he felt his irritation subsided, he turned back to her.

"Alright, assuming that you didn't hear it, then why do you think I went to visit you every day when you were on leave?"

"Because...you're nice and caring?" Yueyue answered innocently.

"N...Nice...?" Dylan took another deep breath, 'Not that again. Calm down, Dylan.'

"Then have you seen me being like that to other girls?" Dylan asked through gritted teeth, trying to hold in his annoyance.

Yueyue looked up with her index finger on her lips, thinking about the answer.

"I guess...no?" Yueyue hesitantly answered, "Because no one else besides me has been sick yet." She could feel the rising tension in the air, so she took a step back away from Dylan.

'Oh, this idiot!' Dylan felt like smacking himself and shaking some sense into her at the same time.

He took a deep breath before asking again, "Then what about the goddamn kiss? Why do you think I even kissed you?"

"You said it was for a test?" Yueyue said in a small voice. She felt like something was about to explode, so she took another step backward. She jumped a little when Dylan smacked his own forehead hard and face-palmed himself.

"So...what did you say that day?" Yueyue awkwardly asked. Dylan finally put his hand down and stared intensely at her. She gulped, for she could feel a dark aura coming out of him.

"You know what, come here," Dylan said slowly and wiggled his index finger, calling her to come closer to him. Yueyue held her breath and shook her head fast. There's no way she's going closer to him; his dark aura was too scary.

"I. Said. Come. Here," Dylan told her again with emphasis on every word.

"No way!" Yueyue kept shaking her head and took another step backward.

'Damn it,' Dylan let out a frustrated sigh before he set his eyes on her and took wide steps toward her. Yueyue wanted to run away, but it was too late. He quickly wrapped one arm around her waist and another went up to cup her head before he pulled her body against him and crashed his lips onto hers.

This kiss was completely different from the previous one. There was no gentleness and no holding back like before. He hard on her lower lip as if he's letting all of his pent-up emotions out. Her hands clung onto his shirt out of shock. She felt his teeth grazing over her lip and tugging it playfully before his tongue intruded into . She was overwhelmed with this new sensation, as she felt her own temperature rising. Her knees got weak; if it wasn't for his arms on her waist, she would have fallen on the ground. He, on the other hand, was lost and addicted to the drugs that were her, her lips, and her scent. However, it all was interrupted when the hands on his chest pushed him away and broke their kiss, but his arms still strongly wrapped around her, not letting her go anywhere.

Dylan finally opened his eyes and looked straight into hers. He felt a pinch in his chest when he saw a pair of angry and teary eyes staring back at him.

"I'm not a doll that you can kiss anytime you want! Stop playing with my emotions!" Yueyue shouted and tried to push him away, but he kept holding her tight.

"I'm trying hard not to fall for you.... Don't do this to me please," She looked down, trying to not to let him see her tears and weakly punched his chest in repeat.

Dylan let her punch him and said nothing, while he was taking in her words. He then unwrapped one arm from her waist and gently put his fingers under her chin and made her look at him.

"I should be the one to say that," he looked at her and softly whispered, "don't play with my emotions like this."

"I like you, idiot. Heck, I may already be in love with you," Dylan fondly said as he used his thumb to wipe away her tears.

"Really?" Yueyue asked in a whispering voice.

Dylan chuckled and held her tighter, "It's understandable that you still can't believe it. Trust me, I couldn't believe that I fell for an idiot named Shen Yue either- ouch! What was that for?" Yueyue punched his chest before she snuggled her face into his warm chest, and her arms wrapped tightly around his waist for warmth.

They stayed that way, enjoying the moment until Dylan pulled away a little. He unwrapped his arms from her waist and put his hands on her shoulders before he bent to her eye-level.

"You said you tried hard not to fall for me," Dylan said before he smiled, "Stop trying."

"Now take my hand, and fall with me," Dylan grinned as he interlocked his fingers with hers. Yueyue just smiled and said nothing.

Dylan's face fell slightly when Yueyue suddenly pulled her hand away from his, but before he could react, he felt her arms wrap around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss. They smiled against each other's lips when their lips touched. She pulled him closer to her, while he wrapped his arms tighter around her waist. Without breaking the kiss, Dylan lifted Yueyue up by her waist and moved a little so that she could stand on the edge of the fountain. With their new position, they could hold each other closer and deepen their kiss. They ran their fingers through each other's hair, as their lips fought for dominance.

Then everything happened in a split-second. With the push and pull from the kiss, Yueyue suddenly lost her balance and fell backward, bringing Dylan with her.

Dylan reacted quickly; he cupped her head firmly and embraced her tightly before he turned his body around so that he could break her fall. A loud splash could be heard when their bodies hit the shallow water, with Yueyue laying on top of Dylan. Luckily for them, there was no one around to witness such a scene.

Dylan quickly sat up and helped Yueyue get out of the fountain. They both were still in shock at what happened, so they just sat there on the ground next to the fountain, staring at each other. All of the sudden, they both burst out laughing at the same time and pointed at each other. They laughed harder when they saw how soaking wet they were from head to toe.

"That's totally not what I meant when I asked you to fall with me, Yue," Dylan laughed, holding onto his stomach.

"Who thought that it was a good idea to stand on the edge of the fountain?" Yueyue laughed, "and you called me an idiot. Look who's an idiot now."

Their laughter continued to echo in the quiet night, with the moon and the stars serving as the witnesses of their sweet memories. Surely, they both would never forget this unique first date.

------------------------------------------------------------

Little did they know a storm was heading towards their direction.

------------------------------------------------------------

It's another update! ^^ I just realized that I miss writing light-hearted and funny scenes so much while working on this chapter. Don't ask me why I thought of that fountain kiss. I was just looking through the pictures of fountains on google; the next thing I knew, this happened. lol. Hope that this chapter could still make you laugh! Hahaha.

Now that they're together, I can finally say that it's already the beginning of the end. :') Thank you so much for reading and commenting until this chapter! I really really appreciate it!

I feel so sorry that I can't update regularly in this second half of the story, but I'll try my best to update 2-3 times/week until the end! I heard that YY'll really join DD on the Inn from 8-14 Oct!!! I'm so excited! Really miss seeing them together...

Alright. Until next time! Have a nice day!