Chapter 4

My Sweet Revenge, Love

“I’m back!” Shen Yue was carrying a big box of documents. Sweats were flowing down on her face.

“YueYue. I’m sorry, but could you go to the archive and bring last year records for me?” Dylan who was analyzing data in front of his computer requested without looking at her.

“Sure. Give me a minute,” Shen Yue went to the archive without hesitation although she just came back from copying a big box of documents. She didn’t even have time to breathe properly. It had always been like this working as his assistant. She didn’t blame him because he didn’t just sit around to order her either. He was busy analyzing and screening all data on the documents carefully. Moreover, with all the works, she actually felt proud that she could do something useful for the hotel.

As soon as Shen Yue left, Dylan raised his head to look intensely at the closed door. His eyes were full of frustration. It’s been a whole damn week that he was torturing her like this. And how did this girl react?? She never refused any work or complained no matter how much he ordered her around. He was low-keyed waiting for her to explode, but it never came. What’s even more irritating was that he didn’t understand why he felt so frustrated. He should be happy that she’s such an idiot and easy to torture, but instead, he somehow felt guilty about the whole things. Why did he feel bad for this idiot?

Dylan let out a sigh. Honestly, after working with her for a week, he had to admit that she’s good in her field. There were times when he was awed by her suggestions for the hotel new-year financial plan and her dedication in fulfilling her tasks.

Dylan’s eyes then caught a glimpse of the untouched lunchbox on her desk. He looked at his watch. It’s already 2 PM. He told himself that he shouldn’t feel bad about that. It’s her herself who chose to complete her work first before having her lunch. He tried to get back to work, but he already lost all of his concentration.

“Damn it.” He threw away his pen angrily. Angry at what? He didn’t know.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m back!” Shen Yue was finally back in the office with a big box of documents from last year.

“Let me help,” Dylan quickly went to help her put the box down.

“Thank you!” Shen Yue dropped herself on her chair out of exhaustion after they safely put the box down. “Is there anything else you want me to do, Dylan?”

Dylan just looked at her blankly. Yes, he wanted her to go to different departments to collect documents and record all data. He wanted her to go up and down different floors until her energy ran out. However, what came out of his mouth surprised even him himself.

“It’s okay. You haven’t had your lunch. You should have lunch first.” Dylan wanted to smack himself when he realized what he just said.

“Thank you!” Shen Yue quickly thanked Dylan and started eating her lunch, “Em… this tastes so good!” She didn’t realize how hungry she was until she took the first bite. Dylan just quietly observed the small girl in front of him. She must be very hungry because she was eating so quickly. Her cheek became so full with every bite she took. He wanted to laugh because this girl really ate like a pig.

“Does it really taste that good?” Dylan warmly asked with a smile.

“of course! But I’m starving, so everything tastes good to me.” Shen Yue continued to dig into her food.

‘Starving’ that word triggered a guilty feeling out of Dylan.

“Don’t starve yourself again. You should take a break during lunch time. For works that haven’t been completed, you can get back to them after finishing your meal.” Dylan sighed. Why did he suddenly feel concerned for this girl? Never mind, maybe it’s because of his conscience, and she’s objectively a pretty good employee. Taking revenge on her after she’s full wouldn’t make a difference.

“Really? Thank you! You are such a nice person, Dylan! I’m very lucky to work under you!” Shen Yue was moved. Little did she know he was behind all of her sufferings.

‘A nice person?’ Dylan choked. Since when was he a nice person? Oh my goodness, this girl was really an idiot. He didn’t like the word ‘nice’ because to him, ‘nice’ was equal to ‘stupid’.

“I’m not a nice person!” Dylan almost shouted.

“Eh?” Shen Yue never saw Dylan raising his voice like this, “Dylan, why would you say that? There must be someone who told you nonsense things. You are a nice person! Don’t let other people make you think otherwise! You are the nicest person I’ve ever met.”

‘Nice? The nicest person? ’ At that moment, Dylan wasn’t sure whether he wanted to shake some sense into her or bang his own head repeatedly on the wall.

“Never mind. I’ll be out of the office today. Don’t wait for me,” Dylan quickly walked out of the room before he did either one of the last two things he thought of.

“Wait, Dylan! Is there any work you want me to do?” Shen Yue shouted before Dylan could step out of the door.

“You…” Dylan said with disbelief before closing the door with a bang. He really needed to get out of here, ‘This idiot’

Shen Yue was left confused at what just happened. Why did Dylan suddenly get so mad?

---------------------------------------------------------------

His phone kept ringing, but Dylan was too mad to answer the call. Unfortunately, the caller didn’t give up either.

Feeling annoyed, Dylan angrily answered the call, “Whoever you are, you’ll be dead if it’s not something important.”

“Woah, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? It’s me, Xize, or your best friend, in case you forgot who I am,” Xize chuckled at his hot-tempered friend.

“Whatever. Just go straight to the point. Why do you call?”

“So now I can’t even call to check on you?”

“I’m not in the mood to joke with you now, Xize.”

“Hahaha. Fine. I met your father today. You haven’t gone back home for a while now, and you don’t answer their calls, so he asked me to check when you will come back.”

“I won’t be back anytime soon,” Dylan said. He wouldn’t go back until he’s satisfied with his revenge.

“You’re still mad about your runaway bride, aren’t you?” Xize teased.

“Who said I’m mad?? And mind you, she’s not even my bride.” Even if he’s still mad, there’s no way he would admit that to his friend.

“Tsk. I’ve known you long enough to know what a King of holding a grudge you are, but fine. Anyway, you should be glad that your sister still doesn’t know that you’re not coming home, or else she would come flying to kick some sense into you. Literally,” Xize chuckled at the thought.

At that, Dylan sighed in defeat. There were only two people he was afraid of. The first one was his mother when she’s mad, but she’s rarely mad, so he’s pretty much safe. The other person was, of course, his sister. Whenever she found out that he rebelled, he would always face her wrath. Dylan shuddered at the thought of it. He refused to take his family’s calls except hers. Somehow he was thankful that his parents didn’t expose him to her. They knew how scary she could get, and they knew they’re partly at fault.

“I know. You don’t have to remind me about that.”

“No, I WILL always remind you about that.”

“If there’s nothing else, I’m ending the call,” Dylan said annoyed.

“One more thing, don’t forget about our meeting this Saturday.” Xize reminded.

“I know.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Surprise! :D It's another update today because it's weekend! I'm trying to write and update as much as I could now because I can't do it as often when my school starts on Monday. :') 

Anyway, I hope you don't find my story boring! Hope you enjoy it! Thank you for reading and commenting! Have a great weekend! :D