Chapter VII

Hiraeth

They didn't talk about it, and it's scaring Lisa even more. It has been a quiet morning and Jisoo stayed in the living room, petting Dalgom in her arms while Lisa watched her from the kitchen. It felt like she's walking on eggshells. She pulled out her phone to ask for help.

—connecting incidents

—connecting incidents

Lisa cautiously padded over to where Jisoo was and sat beside her

Lisa cautiously padded over to where Jisoo was and sat beside her. She watched her for a moment, thinking of things to say.

"Hey babe?" Jisoo hummed, not looking away from Dalgom on her lap.

"Can we talk about last night?" Lisa saw her hand stop her dog, then continued

"What about it?" She tried to be nonchalant but there was a hint of distress in her voice.

"What was your nightmare about? Do you want to tell me?" Lisa coaxed.

"It was nothing. Just another bad dream" She picked up Dalgom and hugged him close, not giving Lisa a glance at all.

"Are you sure? You've been a bit tense since that day at the café and now you're getting nightmares..."

Jisoo turned to look at her with a stoic face, but slowly gave a smile. "I'm sure. Don't worry about it. I'm fine"

Lisa felt uneasy at the look Jisoo gave her. She's lying.

She let it go once again. If Jisoo doesn't want to open up yet, she's not going to force it. She can't ignore the bad gut feeling though. She knew this will blow up one way or another.

"Are you staying home for the day?" Jisoo shrugged then nodded. She put on her smile.

"How about we take Dalgom out for a walk? Looks like a nice weather out there" Lisa felt relieved once she saw her light up at the idea.

"Did you hear that Dalgomie? You're going out with your moms. Isn't that awesome?" Lisa laughed and watched Jisoo walk to the door.

Jisoo turned around to Lisa and lifted Dalgom in front of her face. "If you don't get up now, we'll leave you mom" She tried speaking as her dog, which only made Lisa chuckle and run towards them.

"Nu-uh. You can't leave me, you two." She pecked on Jisoo's cheek and pat Dalgom.

Jisoo put on Dalgom's leash and carried him on her left arm as they took the elevator. Once they were outside the building, Jisoo put Dalgom down and let him walk. Lisa held out her hand to Jisoo, which she gladly took. She silently watched her as thoughts filled her mind.

Jisoo glanced at her and once their eyes met, Jisoo looked at her with curiosity. She just answered her with a smile filled with worry and love for her, and the girl smiled back.

If she has to distract Jisoo like this for her to open up, she'd do it for sure but until when?

----------

A/N: How's everyone doing?