Chapter X

Hiraeth

Lisa has been trying her best to understand and be patient around Jisoo because she's been through a lot for the past days. She's doubling her efforts, even calling Jisoo's family to speak of the issue to let them know. but she doesn't want Jisoo to know that she did that.

"I called your dad the other day. I told him work has been stressing you out and you need a short vacation." That wasn't true. CEO Kim insisted that Jisoo should get an indefinite leave but knowing Jisoo, she doesn't want that.

Jisoo snapped and turned to her with a deep frown.

"What? Why would you do that?"

"Babe, you need a break. You can't focus on work" Lisa kept her voice soft and at bay, to avoid triggering Jisoo more.

"No- I need work to focus my mind on something else. Why didn't you even tell me first?" She ran her hand through her hair.

"Dad didn't even tell me this?"

"He thought it was best for me to relay it to you. Secretary Min is already handling your projects together with the other department." Lisa watched as Jisoo let out a sigh and a bitter chuckle.

"You can't just decide for me, Lisa. That's not it."

Jisoo's trying her best not to snap at Lisa, with her fist kept tightly at her sides and clenching her jaw. Her stares could already pierce Lisa but she just shrugged it off.

"Well, I can't just watch you be miserable."

"I am not miserable. I told you, I'm fine."

Lisa stopped.

She looked at Jisoo and scoffed.

"Fine? You've been coming home very late at night. Drunk, if I might add. Is that what you call fine, Jisoo?"

"What's wrong with having a few drinks? Can't I do that to take stress away from work?"

"Few? You can't even get yourself to walk."

"Fine, maybe a lot more than I can handle. I just want to clear my mind from things but that doesn't mean I'm not able to do my job properly."

Lisa sighed, pressing her fingers against her temple. She took a deep breath then walked towards Jisoo, who's been keeping a facade.

She gently held her arm, sliding down to her balled fist, trying to open it and hold her hand.

"I'm just worried about you. I'm sorry, I should've ask you first. I just see that you need a break from all of this. Maybe you should do other things to distract your mind. Hobbies?"

Lisa can see Jisoo feeling conflicted, but she let it go once she felt her loosen up and her facial expression softening. She breathed deeply.

"If that's what you think, maybe it's best to try. There's no harm in trying, I guess." Lisa smiled.

"If you need help, don't hesitate."

Jisoo surrendered into a nod and let her girlfriend engulf her in an embrace.

It was odd. They were close to each other, feeling each other's heart beat but it felt like something was terribly wrong. It made Lisa uneasy but she couldn't point it out.

She hugged tighter instead.

----------

A/N: All right, we're halfway! I know this is short but the upcoming ones will be not as short as this.

Stream Kiss and Make Up!