Chapter XVII

Hiraeth

Jisoo just stared at her for a long while and everyone was worried she was going to lash out again. It was too quiet but Lisa could see the gears turning inside her head as she observed Jisoo.

"For how long?" It was almost like a whisper; a deep thought that escaped her lips.

"Until you get better. It could be six months to a year. It depends on your recovery."

She looked down on their hands that she held together, rubbing circles on Lisa's hand. The other girl grabbed both of hands and helped her stand up. She made her sit at the arm of the sofa.

"You want me to do it for myself." She looked up at the girl beside her and nodded.

"Do it for yourself and not for anyone else."

"I'll do it. I'll fix myself, then fix us." Jisoo was full of confidence and hope, which made Lisa smile. She knew she would understand.

The tension in the room was slowly lifted.

"We'll support you, unnie" Rosie and Jennie smiled at their friend, giving her strength. She wasn't alone in this.

She glanced back at her sister but something was off. She was still wearing a stoic expression, which made her uneasy.

Irene cleared and tear her eyes away from the two.

"Jennie, Rosé, mind if we have a cup of coffee?" She nudged at the direction of the kitchen. The two took the hint.

"Not at all." Jennie stood up, and so did Rosé. "I'll prepare the coffee." The taller girl padded over to the kitchen, followed by her girlfriend and Irene.

"We'll leave you to talk. Lisa?" The girl understood and nodded. Jisoo was a bit confused but thankful for the privacy given to them. Lisa stood up and made them switch to the bigger sofa to be comfortable.

"I'll start rehab right away. You don't have to worry about me. I'll only be gone for a while. I'll make sure I'll recover fast."

She was trying to make it not as bad as it seem. She was quite unsure if she was trying to convince Lisa or herself, but it made her feel better.

"You take the time that you need. You don't have to rush it. Just make sure you recover."

She agreed and they stayed silent for a moment, just enjoying each other's presence. She noticed that her girlfriend was just staring at her. She couldn't point it out but it felt like there's something unusual about it.

"Is there something wrong?" Lisa was snapped out of her thoughts.

"I have to tell you something."

"You can tell it to me. I'm listening."

Lisa watched their entwined hands with a sad smile on her lips. It was always bittersweet.

She placed a soft kiss on the back of Jisoo's hand. She prodded her elbow on her thigh and rested her cheek over their hands. She looked at her with uncertainty.

"I'll wait for you, okay?" Jisoo was getting worried but she nodded. Lisa pursed her lips, thinking of things to say.

"You have to recover no matter what. It's for your own good."

"Of course"

"Promise me you'll take care of yourself?" Jisoo frowned.

"Why does this feel like you're saying good bye?"

"Just promise me okay?"

"I promise as long as you do the same." Lisa nodded with a smile.

Jisoo pulled her in a hug, "You'll visit me right?"

Lisa let out a shaky breath, hugging Jisoo tighter before letting go. She caressed her face, with her smile fading at every touch. Their eyes met and Jisoo saw sadness in them

"I'll have to go back to Seoul while you recover."

----------

A/N: Oops, what was that? :>

It's my birthday! :D