Chapter IX

Hiraeth

where are you??

Dalgom watched from the carpet as Lisa paced back and forth across the living room, constantly checking and calling Jisoo's unresponsive phone

Dalgom watched from the carpet as Lisa paced back and forth across the living room, constantly checking and calling Jisoo's unresponsive phone. When she heard the door click, she quickly looked and saw Jisoo's small frame trying to get inside with all her might. Lisa ran to her.

"Where the hell were you? What happened to you?" Lisa helped her up and supported her walking to her room.

"Hi-" Jisoo smiled at her with droopy eyes.

"You're drunk" She cringed at the smell of alcohol

"I am? Yeah I think so.." Jisoo chuckled as her back hit the bed.

"Did you drive? Where's your car?"

"Nope! I hailed a taxi and left the car at the pub? Café? I'm not sure" She frowned.

Lisa left to get some water for her and made her drink it. She proceeded to changing her clothes. Thankfully Jisoo was cooperative and too drunk to move.

Lisa was sitting on the floor, watching Jisoo, laying on her side with eyes closed, mumbling things. She moved the strands of hair covering her face. Jisoo opened her eyes and stared back at Lisa with such desperation and fragility.

"What's wrong, baby?" Lisa her face.

She can see her eyes welling up with tears and her lips forming a pout, but she stopped it and tried a smile.

"She left again..." A tear fell down, wetting the sheets, "She's always leaving me"

Jisoo started crying and Lisa sat on the bed and pulled her to sit on her lap.

Jisoo rested her chin on Lisa's shoulder and clung to her like her life depended on it. She clutched on her shirt while Lisa patted her back softly

"My mom doesn't want me nor happy to see me. She wants me gone in her life. Why am I always chasing her when she clearly hates me?"

"I just wanted her to acknowledge me as her daughter. When I look at her, I feel like she doesn't care for me at all! I wasn't enough for her! We weren't enough for her to be happy"

Lisa's heart ached at her girlfriend sobbing and shaking violently. Her walls are down, but also her heart and hopes are crushed to the ground. Pent up feelings and frustrations for years has been laid out in the open without control and the only thing Lisa can do is to be there and be the strong one for her.

"She didn't deserve someone like you. You're more than enough."

"But why wasn't it enough for her to stay? For her to accept me?" Jisoo was getting frustrated.

"I don't have the answers you want, babe. But even if she doesn't, there are other people willing to stay and accept you. I'm here."

They stayed like that for the rest of the night until Jisoo cried herself to sleep, with Lisa comforting her. It was horrible for her to witness, but she's sure that it pained Jisoo a lot more than she can imagine.

Lisa stayed up holding her close, hoping that even in her slumber, she'll feel her love will be enough.

----------

A/N: How is everyone holding up after last night's lisoo moments? I'm still not over it TT TT