Chapter XIII

Hiraeth

Her head was pounding so hard, and the lights poking through the curtains, hitting her eyes are making it worse. She turned to the other side of the bed and once that she was able to slowly open her eyes, she realized she was in an unfamiliar room.

She saw a glass of water by the bedside table and drank it to help ease the headache and dryness of . As she looked around, she knew where she was as soon as she spotted a bunch of stuffed toys by the corner and a few make up by the dresser.

Lisa walked out of the room and heard noise in a distance, following it to see where the people are. She saw Jennie and Rosé preparing food in the kitchen as she made her way by the dining area.

"Oh hey, you're awake. Sit down and relax. Breakfast is almost ready." Rosé told her as she set up the table. She complied and silently sipped from her glass of water until the two were done.

"Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?" Jennie asked with a smile.

"Hot chocolate, please. Thank you." The girl nodded and quickly fixed her a drink before joining the table.

Breakfast was filled with just the two making small talks, trying to include Lisa in it, in which the girl tried even though her mind was still filled with worry and fear about last night's incident. She couldn't help thinking about her girlfriend.

Is she alright? Has she eaten? Is she drinking again?

It was a cycle but Jennie keeps on snapping her to reality, trying to distract her from it.

"Less thinking, more eating, okay Lisa? We'll talk later." Jennie gave her an assuring nod. They do have to talk about it anyway.

Lisa helped in washing the dishes. She insisted that she do it alone since the two already prepared the food. Rosé agreed and dragged Jennie out of the room before she tries to join Lisa. She sensed Lisa wanted to be alone doing something else than left with her thoughts.

When she was done with the dishes, she made her way to the living room where the two are busy watching the TV. She sat alone by the chair and joined them. She had her eyes fixed on the show while her mind floated elsewhere. It didn't take long until the TV was turned off, without realizing. 

"Lisa, are you okay?" Rosé spoke up, trying to get her attention. She turned to them and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine I guess."

"We need to talk. Is that okay?"

"I can't escape it, can't I?" She said with a sad smile. Rosé turned to Jennie and nudged her to do the asking.

Jennie cleared and faced Lisa properly.

"How long has this been going?" Lisa played with her fingers, trying to focus on them while she organized her thoughts.

"The drinking has been going on for almost three weeks...since the café incident."

"I tried to stop it and help her, which she followed. Remember the few bottles I gave you one day? I was trying to dispose them one by one. But she was secretly drinking late at night without me knowing it."

Lisa's voice started getting shaky.

"U-until last night happened."

She kept wringing her fingers together. She felt a hand cover them and she stopped, looking at Jennie.

"Lisa, tell me honestly. Did she hurt you?"

She started shaking her head frantically, wiping the tear that suddenly fell on her cheek.

"No, no. She wouldn't. She didn't."

She sighed and collected herself. Rosé stood up and went to get her a glass of water.

"She was just really frustrated and angry because she couldn't find any alcohol and I kept telling her to stop it."

"Are you sure? You were injured when we took you from there."

Jennie was skeptic, with her brows furrowing at the state of Lisa.

Lisa looked down on her arms and there were small wounds that came from the glass that hit her when Jisoo broke the bottle. She could still feel the stinging pain on her feet whenever she moved around.

She noticed the bandages wrapped around them.

They hurt but nothing hurt more than what she felt in her chest.

Jisoo was still miserable. She bit her lip at the thought.

"Yes, I'm sure. I could've done better. I should've handled it better."

It was soft but Jennie heard them clearly. Rosé gave her the glass of water to drink.

"You did what you can to help, Lisa. It wasn't your fault. It went out of control before we knew it and none of us could've fixed it right away."

They stayed silent for a moment, letting Lisa replenish herself.

"Don't worry. You'll stay here for a while. I called someone to deal with Jisoo. She won't be coming near you anytime soon."

Lisa panicked, "What do you mean?"

"She's in good hands. They'll be more capable of handling her than us so let's just wait for it."

----------

A/N: Hey guys. I see you liked the previous chapter. Angst is life, yeah? lmao. This one is more of a filler chapter. If I get the motivation, the next chapter would be longer but that still depends on my laziness scale haha. Anyway, have a nice day.

Except for you, YG.