Chapter XV

Hiraeth

Jennie and Irene decided that it was best for Jisoo to be away for at least three days. Everything was still fresh for everyone so they thought each one of them needed time to think and reflect on it. Jisoo didn't protest anymore. She knew something like that would happen.

She was still hopeful to see her friends and girlfriend as soon as possible, to ask for their forgiveness. She was trying her best to fix herself every single day. It has been hard. She's been craving for alcohol but she's also longing for Lisa's comfort more.

It made her laugh at herself, thinking that alcohol would help her when all this time, Lisa was doing it for her. She just chose to be blind at it. Her phone was confiscated and she doesn't know when she'll get it back. She was thankful that they brought Dalgom to the suite to help her get distracted with the bad thoughts. She eyed Irene's phone that was on the coffee table and surveyed the area. Irene has been away for five minutes now. She sneakily grabbed it and opened it, silently thankful that it still has the same pass code she knew.

She dialed the number she knew so well even if her eyes were closed and called it. Her heart started beating fast when it started ringing. She waited for someone to answer until the sixth ring.

"Hello? Irene unnie?" Jisoo put her hand over to prevent herself from being heard by the person on the other line. Her emotions are hitting the roof. She smiled while tears trickle down her cheeks. She bit at one of her fingers to keep herself from speaking.

"Irene unnie, are you there?" Jisoo quickly wiped her tears and inhaled sharply.

She bit her lip as the tears continued to flow. She couldn't stop the sounds coming from her anymore. She took a deep breath.

"Unnie, are you oka-" With trembling voice, she interrupted the other person.

"I'm sorry." Jisoo quickly ended the call and put the phone back.

She covered her face with her palms and continued crying.

"I'm so sorry, Lisa. I-I love you..." Irene watched her from a distance, not letting her sister know she saw everything. She turned around and went back in her room quietly to give Jisoo the privacy she needed.

Lisa stood frozen, still holding the phone against her ear. She knew that voice. She'd know that voice anywhere She can't deny she missed hearing that voice, but it was also sending her stinging pain in her chest as she heard how sad it sounded. It made her want to go and hug the familiar small frame of the girl. She missed her, and somehow she's also sorry for both of them for being in a complicated situation like this. Lisa looked at her screen, showing her the wallpaper she loved so much. A photo of her and Jisoo together.

She put the phone on her chest, slowly closing her eyes shut.

"Hang in there, love." She whispered to herself, hoping Jisoo would feel it, also trying to comfort her troubled heart. Soon, they'll meet again and talk of what's best for them. For now, space is what they need.

She composed herself before leaving the room and looking for the couple. She made her presence known when she spotted them.

"I'm ready anytime. I want to see her too...to check how she is. We also need to talk. A serious one." The two were a bit surprised but they understood what she meant.

"Alright. Just tell me if you changed your mind or anything." The tall girl shook her head, wearing a tight-lipped smile.

"I won't. It's better we do it soon, if that's possible."

"I'll let Irene know." Jennie proceeded to make a call and left the two of them.

Rosé invited her to come sit next to her and gave her a side hug.

"You're so strong, you know?" Lisa stayed quiet. "But if you ever need anything, you know we'll be there for you, right? Jisoo isn't the only one we're friends with. You're dear to us too." Lisa held her hands.

"Thank you. I can't express myself enough, but thank you for saving us both. I know you also cared for Jisoo even if she's in big trouble right now" Rosé laughed softly.

"We can't possibly abandon a friend when they're at their lowest point, can we? We'll all fix this together"

Lisa went in for a hug since she can't trust her voice right now. She's better at expressing through actions than words anyway. The other girl hugged her tightly.

"Nobody called me for a group hug? I'm jealous." The two saw Jennie leaning by the wall with her arms crossed and small pout.

"Come here, you big baby." Rosé and Lisa chuckled, watching Jennie walking to them with a smile and joined in for a hug. It felt warm and good, like home. But it wasn't quite a home for Lisa if Jisoo wasn't there. It was a bittersweet moment.

She missed home.