Epilogue

Hiraeth

Jisoo was walking casually with a medium sized box in her hands, entering the building of her shared apartment with her girlfriend, when she jolts in surprise as her phone started ringing again.

She groans at the constant buzzing and ringing of the device and sets the box down for a moment to answer it.

"For the nth time, stop calling me Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. I'm in some kind of situation here and I prefer not to be disturbed." She groaned and let out a breath, hearing the amused chuckle of her friend. 

"If this is something unimportant, I'm going to make you regret it. Now, what do you want?"

"My god, chill out okay? I just wanna ask if you guys want to meet up tonight? Rosie and I miss you two."

"And that... is the urgent thing you wanted to say?"

"Yes, it is. We're very important to you both and we know that."

"I knew you guys were clingy but I didn't know you couldn't wait for me to get settled and call you back. That's it. I'm putting you both back for adoption and that's final!"

Jisoo said, rather dramatically. She can feel Jennie rolling her eyes and stifling her laugh from the other line. She also heard a faint shout from Rosie saying, "You're stuck with us. You can't do that!"

"So what, grumpy?"

"If you two are offering me your first born, then I will reconsider." Jisoo smirked.

"Whatever, unnie. Just give me a heads up so we could prepare. And you should drink some water to calm down your nerves. I can feel your antsy through the phone."

"Stop feeling my antsy . Lisa wouldn't appreciate that." She and her best friend chuckled at the horrible joke, "I'll have to ask her first then update you."

"Alright, sounds good."

"Tell Rosie I miss her too. Bye!"

"What about m-"

Jisoo ended the call with a snicker, grabbing the box from the floor again to finally go back to their apartment.

She entered the door without letting her presence known, quietly tiptoeing across the hall, cautiously looking around so she wouldn't be caught. She carefully held the box in front of her like her life depended on it.

"What are you doing?" A voice spoke, making her jump in surprise, mentally cursing herself for slightly shaking the box in the process.

She took a deep breath, mumbling to herself, before turning around and meeting the other girl with a grin.

"Hi!" She greeted, probably too enthusiastic than she usually does. The other girl looked at her suspiciously.

"Hi? What's that?" 

"It's....a box." She grinned and it was too awkward.

"Way to state the obvious. What's inside the box, Miss Kim?" Lisa raised a brow, challenging the girl in front of her. 

"Nothing. Just an empty box."

Lisa nodded amusingly, crossing her arms in front of her chest, acting interested at the whole situation. "So you go around carrying an empty box with utmost care?"

"...Yes?" She cringed amidst the fake smile but clearly, Lisa wasn't having it. "What is it?"

Jisoo sighed, bowing down her head.

"It's a surprise for you." She heard a gasp and as soon as she looked at Lisa, she saw her with a mouth agape like a child excited for Christmas.

"Really? What is it? What's the occasion?"

Lisa kept peeking over Jisoo, trying to see what she was hiding behind her. The smaller girl did her best for the tall girl not to see anything, whatever it takes.

"Why can't you just- LET ME SEE." 

The tall girl craned her neck over to see the box but Jisoo crouched down to the floor and covered it with her whole body to stop the girl from taking it. She swatted the girl's arms and tried to scare her off by threatening to bite her hands if she ever comes close.

"You're so impatient, Miss Manoban. Calm down, will you?" Jisoo chuckled while Lisa surrendered beside her, sitting on the floor with a huff and a pout.

"Are you calm and collected now? I won't give it to you if you're gonna keep on attacking me. You're very tall and strong compared to me, you know?"

Lisa cracked a smile, proceeding to soft giggles at the fact. Her girlfriend is indeed small, especially now that she's watching her crouched over the box. It's too cute.

She nodded, "Yes, I'll stop attacking you now."

"Good. Now, I'll only give this to you if you stay there on your spot and close your eyes. It's a surprise after all, so we better keep the thrill."

The other girl immediately cooperated. Without another word, she closed her eyes shut. Jisoo tried waving in front of her face to check then back to her spot.

Quietly, Jisoo turned to the box then opens it, taking out the surprise from inside. She carefully checks it if it's still in perfect shape then places it in her arms before turning back around to face Lisa.

"You can open your eyes now."

Lisa removed her hands from her face and opened her eyes. Once she saw what Jisoo was holding, she gasped and covered with her hands.

"Oh my god. Is this for real?" 

Jisoo nodded, beaming at the girl who was still speechless. She walked closer to let Lisa have a better look at it. The other girl carefully took it from her arms.

"So beautiful..." The little kitten purred and nuzzled against Lisa's touch as she held him closer to her face, "Hello, baby."

Jisoo sat with them and just watched Lisa interact with the little fur ball. She took a few shots from her phone's camera to save this adorable moment.

"What are you gonna call him?"

Lisa turned to her with excitement, "I get to name him?"

"Of course. He's my gift to you." She took a turn to pet the kitten in her girlfriend's arms.

Lisa was quiet for a moment, staring at the little face of the kitten.

"Let's call him Leo." Jisoo agreed. Lisa carried Leo and placed a kissed on his face, "You're my baby Leo."

She smiles as it seems that Leo has taken a liking for her too, getting playful as minutes passed by. She gushed over the small details of the cute kitten, starting from the distinct eyes, folded ears, little paws and cute pink nose.

She stops when she saw an object attached to his collar.

"Wait- what's this in his neck? It might be owned by someone in the shelter you adopted him from." She showed Jisoo the said object and the girl took the kitten from Lisa's hands, putting him on her lap to remove the object. 

It was a necklace with round rose gold floating locket with crystals cladding the lining of it. Inside the locket were silver charms in shapes of a heart, paper plane, and a house. Behind the charms was a rose gold plate with words engraved on it.

When she successfully took it, she put the little kitten down on the floor and let him roam around the flat. She held the object with her fingers and studied it before laying eyes on the other girl watching her with a confused expression. Jisoo placed the necklace in her pocket.

"Is it yours?"

"Nope." It's yours.

She looked at Lisa endearingly. Her heart kept hammering against her chest and maybe it's a bit too hard to concentrate.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Jisoo moved closer in front of her. They sat across of each other with thoughts running in their heads. The older girl gently took her hand and held it, rubbing the back of it with her thumb.

"Live with me. Let's build a home together."

"We do live together, Jisoo. What do you mean?"

Jisoo took Lisa's other hand and she held both of them in hers, pulling them closer to , gently brushing her lips on them. She looked up at Lisa with eyes full of mixed emotions that the younger girl couldn't read.

There was a tinge of worry in them but the look of happiness and love overpowered it. It made Lisa a bit nervous which the older girl noticed. She smiled to calm her nerves and she smiles back at Jisoo.

"You've been my home from the time I realized I love you, until we got together and lived in L.A., and even at the time when we were miles apart."

"Now that you're here with me again, I want to remind you of the promise I made before."

"I'll see you again after all this. I'll look for you wherever you may be... And if your heart still beats for me by then, I'll never let you go again. That's a lifetime promise."

Lisa remembers it like it was just yesterday even though two years have already passed. It was one of the moments she engraved in her mind and kept in her heart for so long. She held on to that promise even if Jisoo told her to not wait on her.

"You're still the one this crazy heart beats madly for, and I never want to let you go again." 

Jisoo retrieves the necklace from her pocket, staring at the charms and the words inside the locket.

"My love, my adventure, my home. I don't mind going on a long challenging journey. As long as I'm with you, I'm content. I'll never be homesick again."

She turns the shining locket around, revealing an engraved ring from the back of it. Lisa gasps in surprise, with tears forming in her eyes. Jisoo removes the simple rose gold dainty diamond ring and holds it in front of Lisa.

"Let me fulfill my lifetime promise with you by loving and cherishing every moment I'll spend with you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me, Lisa?"

The younger girl bit her lip, keeping herself from sobbing. 

"Yes, of course. Yes! I'll marry you, Kim Jisoo." She nodded frantically when she couldn't help the tears flowing down her blushing cheeks.

Jisoo smiled widely that her cheeks hurt but she didn't mind at all. She took Lisa's hand and slipped the ring through her finger, fitting in perfectly with Lisa's beautiful hand. She kissed the back of it and pulled her in an embrace.

"I love you so much" Jisoo hugged her tighter, feeling the crazy beating of her heart and Lisa's together.

"I know," She pulled out from the embrace and cupped Jisoo's face in her hands, "I love you too."

The two laughed and cried in overwhelming happiness, showering each other with kisses and looks that meant even more than words could describe. It was simple and perfect the way it is and they couldn't ask for more. Being in each other's arms is where they belong right now and for the rest of their lives.

When the two got down from their high, Jisoo suddenly remembered something.

"Wait a minute. I just have to make a call." Both of them stood up, Jisoo dialing on her phone and Lisa scooping Leo from the carpet and settled on the sofa to pet him.

Jisoo couldn't stop the grin that forms on her lips as she hears the other line answer her call.

She hears a faint "Hi, Jisoo unnie!" in the background. She's probably on loudspeaker so Rosé could hear.

"Hey guys, let's all meet up. Instead of just the four of us, invite Irene and I'll tell Lisa to invite her friends, Seulgi and Somi too. Everyone must be there, alright? We're celebrating tonight. See you, babies!"

And with that, she hung up without saying good bye, leaving Jennie clueless about the celebration she's talking about. Nonetheless, she did it anyway and Jisoo knows she won't question it anymore.

Jisoo padded over to Lisa and joined her fiancéeWow, this is real. They're engaged.

She pet Leo and kissed Lisa's cheek. The kitten was trying to get out of her hold so she let him go and play on his own. Lisa leaned back at the corner of the sofa and settled comfortably, patting the space in between her legs. She leaned forward and pulled Jisoo to come and settle down with her.

Lisa hugged her from behind and Jisoo melted in her touch, feeling the warmth of her embrace.

She closed her eyes, with a content smile on her lips. This is what she longed for and she's never trading this for anything else in the world. It has been a journey with turns that lead her to darkness and losing herself in the process. But all of those are memories to remember and maybe some are for them to forget. 

All that matters right now is that she's back into the right path. Even if it rains or shines, she'll continue the journey together with the people that make it bearable to go through, no matter how hard it is.

As long as she's with the love of her life, the journey becomes an adventure she's ready to discover. And when the day ends, she knows the coming days will be new adventures to face with no worries or fears in her heart.

She knows she'll always find her way back.

Right now, her heart is safe and sound in the arms of the one she loves.

It's perfect to finally say-- she's home.

----------

A/N: Hey! I planned to release this yesterday because it was my anniversary of being a BLINK and writing for Lisoo but I got busy with our Christmas party and I'm leaving for a vacation on the 25th so I released it today.

Anyway, thank you for reading My Personal Secretary (Personal) & Hiraeth. It's been a pleasure writing for lisoo and you guys. I appreciate all the kind words and insights about my stories. They really lift up a writer's mood, so please continue encouraging our authors.

My Personal Secretary Saga is officially closed. Thanks for following it from the start. Till next story!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

-sel