Chapter V

Hiraeth

you're the one to talk   

you're the one to talk   

It was eventful in the office but she managed to finish things for today

It was eventful in the office but she managed to finish things for today. She plans to work a little tonight to lessen the workload for tomorrow. She just hopes she gets past through Lisa. For sure she wouldn't let her work so late if it isn't really needed.

On the way to her car, her phone rang. She answered it through her wireless earbuds as she started the car.

"Hello, this is Kim Jisoo speaking."

"Hey sweetheart. How are you doing?" She smiled when she heard the voice. "I'm good, dad. Good morning to you over there."

"How are you?"

"Everything's fine. I just want to check up on you from time to time"

"I thought you just ask Lisa for updates. You rarely contact me" She teased, to which her dad only laughed at.

"It's been busy. Thank you for updating Secretary Min about the businesses there"

"Maybe if the schedule permits, I could visit you girls over there sometime"

"That would be great. No pressure though, dad. I know you got a lot of things to do."

"I'll look into it. I'll make time" Her father may be busy but he's still making effort to reach out to her.

She smiled at the small gestures he does even when they're miles apart. It feels less lonely.

"I'll take note of that. I'll let you know too if we're visiting Seoul. I miss you guys"

Their call ended and she also arrived at the cafe soon after. She made her way inside to Lisa.

Once she entered, Rosé who was cleaning one of the tables noticed her and pointed Lisa behind the counter, attending to a customer. She headed there and stood behind the lady, waiting for her to finish.

"Thank you. Have a great day!" Lisa handed the lady her drink.

"See you."

As soon as the woman turned around, Jisoo had a glimpse of her. She almost bumped to Jisoo but quickly avoided it. Jisoo did a double take.

"I'm sorry." The woman smiled apologetically. She saw her flinch for a second but she quickly went out and left the cafe.

It couldn't be.

"W-wait" Jisoo immediately followed her out the cafe. Lisa called out for her but she didn't hear it. She stood out front and searched around the area but there was no sight of her. Her hands started shaking.

Someone grabbed her arm and she snapped to see who it was. It was Lisa

"Babe, what's wrong? Why are you shaking? What happened?" Lisa cupped her face with both hands. Jisoo looked lost and panicked. Her eyes weren't focusing on her.

"I-It was her" She stuttered. Lisa pulled her to the side where no one can see them.

"Who? Do you know that person?"

Lisa tried to calm her down as much as she can but she kept looking around looking for someone. She turned her face to her and made her focus.

"Jisoo, look at me. Who is she?" Lisa's heart ached at the sight of a vulnerable Jisoo. A tear escaped from her eye.

"She's my mom."

-----------

A/N: Oh hey there. I'm thinking... should I update once or twice a week?