Chapter XI

Hiraeth

Jisoo did take a break from work. She also received a call from her father and they talked for a while but no one spoke of the big issue. Her dad knew of it through Lisa but not all the details. He didn't want to be the one to open it because he doesn't know the whole story.

Jisoo did everything to avoid speaking of it. She only diverted the conversation about work. She could do it well to be honest and better than anyone else to be exact. Lisa knew that, even if she was a bit out of focus. But Lisa couldn't let Jisoo destroy and tire herself out in the process of it.

Lisa observed her for days as she tried to take on new hobbies. At first she was doing good at reading her books again and taking out Dalgom in walks and dog trainings. She was happy about it.

Sometimes, they cook breakfast together or by herself to try it

It was a big relief for Lisa even though at some nights, she would find herself waking up to Jisoo caught up in nightmares or seeing Jisoo at the living room, standing by the big windows or shuffling through the kitchen, drinking from a bottle of alcohol. She kept quiet about it.

Lisa would always comfort and wake Jisoo up from her nightmares. She'd try to get Jisoo go back to bed if she ever sees her staring out by the windows or drinking a glass of wine. But Jisoo would always reason out that wine helps calm her and get her to sleep at night.

She knew it was bad that Jisoo starts depending on alcohol for her situation. So when Jisoo is out doing new hobbies, she started taking out bottles of tequila and wine one by one, disposing them in the sink or toilet. Sometimes taking them to Jennie's apartment.

Lisa only didn't touch about 2-3 bottles that Jisoo always drinks so she wouldn't get suspicious. But she knew she'll finish them soon and she doesn't have a reason once she finds about it. Hopefully, she doesn't think of it.

Another thing that she's also been noticing from the days that she'd always been going home drunk, are the text or calls on Jisoo's phone from a certain number. At first, Lisa didn't think anything of it aside from work related. But sometimes, she'd get distracted of the constant vibrating of her phone that Jisoo ignores.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Lisa pointed to her phone, which only Jisoo shook her head. "It's nothing. Just some person asking about work."

Maybe Jisoo doesn't want to be bothered with work-related stuff. She can't really tell her to block the number if it's work.

So they both ignored it until it stopped. And it happened again in some other days and both of them did the same. Except that one time where Jisoo was in the shower and her phone was in bed where Lisa was sprawled all over. She stared at it like it would give her answers.

She thought of opening and checking it, but also decided against it. The curiosity was eating her inside and soon enough she found her arm slowly reaching out for the phone until she held it in her hand. She knew Jisoo would take long in the shower so she did it.

She opened it.

She saw various messages from different persons but what caught her eye was the unknown number that had several missed calls and unread messages. She opened it and saw messages that made her heart beat faster.

[#...]: Hey, you've been MIA lately. When are you coming back? xoxo

She saw many other text messages asking Jisoo when they'll meet again to "have fun" but she stopped at the 10th message she read. She closed the phone and threw it back on the bed.

She had thoughts pooling her mind about the possibility of Jisoo cheating on her but she shut it down. Jisoo would never do that to her. And it's not as if Jisoo ever replied to that person since she saw no replies from her girlfriend. That was the only thing that made her sane at this point. She shut her eyes tightly, mentally kicking herself.

Jisoo wouldn't do that to her.