Jane & Eyre

EYRE | J.JK

She went to the library, searched for what she need. When she grabbed a book from one of the shelf, she met his eyes again.
 

When she grabbed a book from one of the shelf, she met his eyes again

- His POV -

"Maknae-ah! Wake up! Wake up, sleepyhead! Don't you have class today?" Oldest hyung hit me with pillow. I didn't budge.

"Yah! Okay young man, if you're not going to wake up, i'm going to use my secret weapon." He grabbed my chest and pinched my 'button'. I felt ticklish and woke up instantly.

"Argh. Hyung. Five minutes. Just give me five more minutes." I said raspily with my eyes slowly close again.

He chuckled, he knew that i was tired. —We had a busy night yesterday. After i headed home, it didn't take so long for us to went out again. We had broadcast schedules right that evening till night. It was very exhausting— He tickled me again.

He's like the mother of this family. Being the oldest, he really raises us, physically and mentally. He cooks, cleans, drives and many more. If someone ask me, which member do i need the most, i'm definetely going to say 'this hyung'.

"Okay. Okay. I'm up. Just stop, please. Isn't it to early? What time is it?" I stretched my body a bit, yawned and tried to reach my watch on the nightstand.

"You'll be shocked" He said as he walked away from my room.

I checked my watch, thought that it's still 7, but it's 10!

"Shoot! I'm late!" i rushed myself. 
 

When i reached the classroom —with my covered face— i knew i was super late. My watch had shown it was already 30 minutes passed from the time. I decided to head straight to the library instead. I planned to finish my assignment to show Prof. Kim that at least i made an effort.

At the library, i peeked at yesterday's spot, hoping that it's empty

At the library, i peeked at yesterday's spot, hoping that it's empty. I knew sooner or later i would run into the girl again —We're in the same class though, always run away would make it more suspicious— so i just sat there when i found the spot's empty.

I walked back and forth from my seat to the bookshelf to search for references. After some time, i finally searched for the last book to finish them.

"Hmm, i think this one will do." I grabbed the book from the shelf and it happened again. I met her eyes.

She faked a cough to break the silence. "Ehm. We met again" She said in awkward tone.

"Yeah." I said uncomfortably. She must sensed my tone because she immediately got pissed.

"I need that book." She stared at the one i picked.

"Not again." I replied —annoyed.

I knew she's annoyed to. She walked around the shelf to came to me and snatched the book off my hand.

"I really need it this time. Just shut up or i will tell Prof. Kim that you ditched his class, even though you're already here." She walked away.

"Yah! You —!" I shouted and tried to catch her.

"Shh!" Everyone started to shush me. I flustered and ended up losing her. She was fast.

'Shoot' I cursed under my breath and went back to my seat.

'What a bad day!' I took a time to calm down and started to do my assignment again.
 

- Your POV -

'What was that?! I can't believe i was hoping too see him before, like i won't turned up to be a hotheaded like almost every time he showed up.' I grumbled.

I did what i need to do in class this morning. After class ended, i decided to go to the cafeteria.

"Dahae-ah, do you want to come with me? Let's eat something." I asked her.

"I'm sorry, Minhee-ah. There's a gathering with local Army this afternoon. I think, i'll eat there. Do you want to come with me instead?" She teased me, one eyebrow raised.

"Oh no, thank you." I blurred out, without a second thought. "I'll just eat by myself." I smiled to her and walked away.

I ended up at the rooftop after i bought takeaway foods     

I ended up at the rooftop after i bought takeaway foods. Seeing people eating by themselves at the cafeteria always make me don't want to be in their shoes. It looks lonely. So, when Dahae's not around, i would be here. People wouldn't see me alone. It's nice and quiet. I never met anyone here before. I sat on the floor, prepared my food and got myself a book from my bag. I started to eat and read at the same time.

Suddenly, someone came. I was startled. He came, the criminal guy. I got so annoyed about the thought that he was probably.. somehow.. stalking me. I felt that i had enough. It's too much for just a coincidence.

"Speak! What do you want from me?! I'll do what i can do, just please stop!" I shouted while getting up and coming to him.

He looked pissed as he heard me shouting. "What are you talking about?! Are you crazy?" He shouted back.

"Why are you following me here, you jerk?!"

"Aren't you the one who followed me?! Don't pretend to be stupid!" He argued.

I lost my patience to this absurd situation. "Followed you?! Aren't you a psycho?! You followed me, you crazy! You stalked me! Who are you that i need to follow you around, huh?!"

He's silent for a minute. He's confused because of my reaction i guessed.

"Are you not a fan?" He softened up.

"What?! A fan?! Who are you really?! Michael Jackson?! Or his asian son, or his asian nephew, or his asian son's son, or his asian son's nephew. Or —" I rambled on until he shouted.

"Would you shut up?! I'm seriously asking you! Do you really not know me?"

"I'm seriously answering you. I. Do. Not. Know. You. I mean.. i just met you at the class yesterday, dressed like this." I looked at him from head to toe and i continued. "Like a criminal. And after that you kept.. showing up.. every here and there."

"A criminal, really?!" He asked in disbelief. He took a few seconds to think and finally removed his cover. "Do i look like a criminal?" He posed, acted like a model.

I rolled my eyes, couldn't take the situation anymore. "Look! If you want to act like a dummy, just do somewhere else." I gave up.

I got back to my seat, continued to eat and read my book, ignoring his presence. He sighed and followed me to sit, positioned himself beside me.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted.

"Calm down, you freak. I just want to sit. I'm tired" He, indeed, looked tired.

"Go somewhere else! This university is huge you know!" I glared at him.

"Oh shut up! This is public property. This spot here is not yours, right?"

"Tsch. The more i talk, the more you'll shout back at me." I gave up again, tired to bicker.

"What book do you have there?" He asked out of nowhere, peeked at the title of my book. "Jane Eyre? It's a classic, right?" He continued.

"What? You read this book too?" My eyes narrowed at him.

"No. The cover looks classic." He chuckled. I just rolled my eyes.

"Can i call you 'Jane'?" I choked on my food for a few seconds as he asked.

"What?! What was that for?" I said, gawked.

"You can call me 'Eyre', instead of 'criminal'." He glared and continued. "It feels better that we don't know each other." Suddenly, he seemed sad.. and lonely.

"Whatever, Eyre" I said lazily. 
 

- His POV -

I came up to the rooftop because i wanted to rest for a moment. I heard from the janitor before that the place was desolate, no one really comes up here.

But i met her. I was tired.. and sad.. and lonely.. but when she said "Eyre", i smiled. I felt relieved.

  'Can i have a real friend?' I asked myself

  'Can i have a real friend?' I asked myself.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Do you think he can have it?

Comments are loved :)

Images are not mine. (naverxdispatch; pinterest; littlestickerboy.com.au; nomastudio.com.au)

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO