The Show

EYRE | J.JK

 'Oh shoot. She'll be there too! What should i do if she sees me there? What should i tell her?'

--

- Your POV -

- Your POV -

"Oh my God, what should i do?" I couldn't sleep at all. I laid down in my bed while rolling to the right and left in frustration.

"Should i just stay at home tomorrow? Shoot. I shouldn't say yes in the first place." I slapped my own face.

"Why am I so scared of being caught? As if I'm hiding my boyfriend. Ugh.. No no. No, i'm not. I'm just afraid that Dahae will think i actually like K-Pop and after all this time i lied to her. I don't want her to insist me to accompany her again, right? Yes, i don't want to accompany her." I spoke to myself like a crazy person.

"I shouldn't have come. I'll apologize to Eyre tomorrow." I sighed.

--

At the library, in the afternoon as we promised, we worked on the assignment that will be collected this week

At the library, in the afternoon as we promised, we worked on the assignment that will be collected this week. Eyre had already put additional seats in our hidden spots. Yeah, now, it's our spot.

I tried to bring the conversation towards this afternoon's event. I was going to apologize for not coming but Eyre looked very happy.

"I'm happy because you'll come. My hyungs will happy to see you too." He smiled happily.

"Ehm.. yeah.." I didn't know what to say.

"Yesterday, i told them about you and they're happy that i made a friend. They're excited to meet you." He said eagerly.

"I'm.. happy to.. meet them too." I stuttered.

"I already told manager hyung that we will have dinner together after the show." He even planned everything.

"Oh and this is for you, the ticket and backstage pass." He gave me the ticket with a wide smile. It made me feel even more guilty if I didn't come.

I ended up didn't say anything. Ugh.

--

'Guess who is standing in front of the venue now? Yes, me!' I spoke to myself, face palming my face

'Guess who is standing in front of the venue now? Yes, me!' I spoke to myself, face palming my face.

'What am i doing here? Shoot!' I regretted why i couldn't speak to him earlier.

I finally came. I left after Dahae came out of the house. I also did not forget to stop by the convenience store to buy a mask.

'I'm the one who looks like a criminal on the loose, now. It made me believed that karma actually exists.' I sighed.

I entered the studio and sat at the very back. I was surprised by the atmosphere there. With the screams of fans and loud music, i really didn't feel right to be there. One group just finished performing when I sat down. I didn't pay attention to who they are because they have started to disperse. I was surprised because it seemed like the program had not started but why they already finished performing. I just shook my head. I really didn't know anything.

I scanned the studio looking for Dahae so I can avoid her. Finally I saw Dahae coming. She sat in the front with people who seemed to carry the same banner and light stick like hers. I looked down, afraid of being caught.

People in front of me, who looked like a junior high school students, kept looking at me and whispered. Looked like they are fans of other groups, because I saw them carrying banners that read 'Wanna One' instead of 'BTS'.

"What's wrong with the eonni behind us?! Did she think she's a celebrity to the point that shedressed like that!" They whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Maybe she's really a celebrity? Maybe she's a secret girlfriend of one of our oppa." Someone said.

"Oh my God, that may be true! We have to protect our oppa!" They turned around without hesitation and looked at me with sharp eyes.

"No. No. I'm not what you guys think... I..i.. just got a flu." I opened my mask so they could see my face and didn't think of anything stupid, then I pretended to cough towards them.

"What the heck?" They turned to the front again. "This eonni behind us is a weirdo."

I shook my head, surprised by this frightening fans. The obsession with idols can make someone forget how to respect older people.

'If only they knew that I'm a friend of an idol who will perform today, they'll chew me alive.' I wore my mask again.

Suddenly i heard everyone screaming.

"Aaah! BTS oppa's coming! They'll do rehearsal, right?" I heard them speak.

'Oh so they practice first. I really didn't understand all of this.' I sighed again and again.

I looked towards the boys. Eyre seemed to be looking for someone. He looked at us who were sitting. His fans were excited.

"Oppa I'm here!" I heard them shouting. Eyre replied to them with a smile. Even the junior high school students in front of me who didn't seem to be their fans shouted excitedly.

"Annyeong, Army." He greeted them but his eyes were still looking for someone.

When he saw me, he immediately smiled broadly.

'Huh! Did he recognize me? With this kind of disguise, how can he know that this is me?' I was surprised

'Huh! Did he recognize me? With this kind of disguise, how can he know that this is me?' I was surprised.

I saw him whispering to one of his hyungs. I recognized that person, he was the one who sat next to Eyre at the Fan Sign. He looked at me and smiled.

"Annyeong, Army. Now, we're going to rehearse. Thank you for coming early." That person said kindly.

Then they practiced. I had to admit that they were cool even though they hadn't used makeup and dressed up yet. Eyre looked y when he's sweaty.

'Hah! What the heck?! What am i thinking?! I must be crazy. Argh!' I face palmed myself.

I just kept sitting still from the start until the show was about to finish. All the performer were great but still it didn't interest me. I kept looking at my cellphone during the event. When BTS finally appeared, i turned my gaze towards the stage. 

At first, it because I tried to respect Eyre —he invited me here so I have to see him— but later i admitted that they're cool

At first, it because I tried to respect Eyre —he invited me here so I have to see him— but later i admitted that they're cool. Eyre looked at my seat several times and winked. Their fans were excited, they were happy with the fan service.

When the show was about to end, they finally announced who will get the highest ranking on the chart this week or at least that's what I heard them say

When the show was about to end, they finally announced who will get the highest ranking on the chart this week or at least that's what I heard them say. It turned out that BTS won. I was glad to see them happy. One of the BTS members started to say when the microphone is given to him. He thanked the fans. When Eyre was given a microphone, he also thanked the fans. 

     

"As RM hyung said, thank you so much, Army. Thanks also to FRIEND who has come. I'm very happy. We will work harder. Thank you again." Eyre said happily. Their fans cheered them.

'Is it only me who feels weird when he emphasized the word 'friend'? And the fact that he used 'friend' instead of 'friends'.. is.. something'  I thought to myself.

The show was over, everyone began to disperse. I was about to go home, but I waited for Dahae to go out first so we didn't run into one another. When I felt safe enough, i got up and walked out. But unfortunately it turned out that Dahae was still standing in front of the studio. I was shocked, i tried to avoid her. I ran into nearest door that I could see. When i entered, i was stopped by the security who asking for my pass. Looked like the area was the backstage. I just remembered that Eyre gave me a backstage pass before. I searched in my bag but didn't find it. The security began to be impatient and told me to get out so i could search for the pass outside. But I couldn't go out, there's Dahae outside. Eventually, the security opened the door and pushed me out. Fans who were standing around the area started to look at me, maybe they thought i was a crazy fan trying to enter without a pass. I begged the security while continuing to look for the pass. I assured him that I had one. At that time, I heard someone calling my name.

"Minhee-ah.." I looked up and saw the person. I was confused, i didn't know who he was.

He came to me and talked to the security. "It's okay, ahjussi. She's with me." The security nodded and finally didn't force me to get out again. I studied him. He seemed to be an idol that perform before, seeing from the clothes he was wearing. Suddenly he grabbed my arm, pulling me with him to the inner hallway. Many people passed there, including the idols.

After i realized that i was being dragged, i pulled my arm and asked him. "Who are you?" He was shocked and stopped pulling me.

He looked at me and asked back. "You don't recognize me?"

He brought his face closer. I studied his face harder. He, indeed, looked familiar even with all the makeup on his face. Very familiar. When I was dumbfounded, someone called me.

"Jane! Here you are. I just looked for you in the studio, but you weren't there." I turned to the voice and saw Eyre approaching me.

"Oh Daniel hyung, you are here too." He said.

Hearing the name called, i immediately looked at the man who was still holding my arm. 

I froze

I froze. At that moment, i remembered everything. I remembered who he really was.

"You! Why are you here?!" I said, trembling.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Who is Kang Daniel to Minhee?

Comments are loved :)

Images are not mine. (aminoapps.com; livingroomideas.com; balliol.ox.ac.uk; miaisjjang.wordpress.com; Twitter; onehallyu.com; Youtube; officiallykmusic.com)

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO