Still Involved

EYRE | J.JK

Jungkook didn't believe what he heard, likewise with Minhee. She heard everything behind the call. She knew who was talking to Jungkook.

"Eyre.. I'll.. I'll meet him. I'll meet Kang Daniel."

--

"No... No, Jane! There is no one... no one you need to meet. This is my problem, you don't need to get involved." Jungkook flustered.

"Jeon Jungkook, listen to me!" Minhee called Jungkook's real name, making Jungkook immediately silent. Minhee did not call him neither as a celebrity nor as a friend. It definetely had a deeper meaning. Jungkook became tense.

"Let me meet that person. Sooner or later, we still need to talk as decent humans. I can't keep avoiding it." Minhee couldn't deny that she lied a little to Jungkook. She basically didn't want to meet that person, at least not in the near future. She had just returned from a short retreat at her parent's house, hoping that everything would return to its original state as she get back. But when Dahae suddenly scolded her for not activating her phone during her hermitage there, she knew something must have happened. Minhee didn't understand why Jungkook had to hit that person. What Minhee feared was not Daniel who was in pain, but the consequences that Jungkook would receive because of the incident.

As soon as Minhee heard the man's voice just now, she realized her assumption was right. She was indeed the source of this problem. Her feeling of fear changed into determination. She wouldn't let Jungkook bear this alone.

"Minhee-ah...—" Jungkook was about to talk but immediately cut.

"Minhee? Are you talking to Minhee?" Daniel, who didn't expect to hear Minhee's name, suddenly grabbed Jungkook's arm. Jungkook didn't answer the question. He didn't know what to do.

"Minhee-ah, i have to meet you. We have to talk. It's all just a misunderstanding." Daniel leaned towards Jungkook's phone and spoke louder so Minhee could hear. Jungkook noticed and quickly hanged up.

"Back off, damn it!" Jungkook began to feel his blood rising.

"Jungkook, you can't keep on blocking me. You can't always be Minhee's 24-hour security guard. I can find other ways to meet her, but this already happened. So don't complicate this problem, let us meet and i will consider the problems between us finished." Daniel said arrogantly. He kept trying to play his card until Jungkook gave up.

"You—!"

"Wouldn't it be better... if you knew how i met her... than... i looked for another way and you didn't know what i could do at all?" Daniel smirked. Jungkook's eyes widened, his lips that had been slightly parted closed forcefully, he clenched his teeth hard. Daniel knew that he had won when he saw Jungkook's expression.

--

Jungkook told him. He lost. He hanged his head limply while sitting on the couch in BTS dressing room. All this was his fault, he felt very guilty about Minhee. Seeing Jungkook who is like a person who can die at any minute, Jimin approached and sat next to him. He gently patted the maknae's back.

"I already told you that you look hot when you had expression like this, right?" Jimin tried to cheer him up.

"Yeah, right, hyung." Jungkook faked a smile. He acted like nothing happened even though it was obvious.

"You know, sometimes trusting someone else doesn't hurt. She knows what she has to do. You just need to support her as a friend. That’s if it's true that you two are only friends..." Jimin chuckled.

"What are you thinking, hyung? We're just friends." Jungkook became awkward. Behind Jimin's jokes, Jungkook knew that he was right. He must believe in Minhee.

--

Minhee couldn't calm down at all yesterday. She, did, agree to meet Daniel but still, her heart was not ready.

"Minhee-ah, let's go." Dahae called Minhee to go to the uni. Not as usual, Dahae was the first one that already ready.

"Oh, right, let's go." Minhee woke up from her reverie.

They saw Jungkook already sitting in his seat when they arrived in class. Dahae really wanted to sit next to him even if possible she wanted to hug him right away, but she backed off because she knew Jungkook definitely needed to talk to Minhee.

When Jungkook realized Minhee's arrival, he immediately moved so he was facing her. "You're okay, right?" He asked worriedly.

Minhee faked a giggle. "Why are you act like that? I'm completely fine. Is there something wrong with my face?" She lied, Jungkook knew that for sure. He couldn't say anything. His words stuck in his throat.

Class run as it should be. Jungkook continued to steal glances at Minhee. He knew Minhee tried to stay calm even though she wasn't. Minhee kept on playing her finger like a nervous person. After class, Minhee said goodbye to Dahae and Jungkook. She wanted to find fresh air and didn't forget to emphasize to them that she wanted to be alone.

--

Minhee turned the knob to open the door. As usual, she went to the rooftop to calm down, thinking fresh air and a little reading would help. But what she got when the door opened, she was stunned when she saw someone standing there carrying a bouquet of flowers.

"I've been waiting for you." The person said as he walked closer. He pulled Minhee's hand so she no longer stood at the door but stood in the middle of the rooftop.

"The weather is very nice today." The man said, did not let go of his grip. "I brought this for you." He gave the flowers to Minhee and did not forget to add something to his words with a smile. "Like it used to be."

Hearing the man's words, Minhee trembled. She slapped his hand so the flower was thrown and let go of the man's grip. "How ... how can you ... say that easily? Like ... like nothing happened."

He sighed while looking at the flower. "Minhee-ah, what you saw at that time, everything was just a misunderstanding, it's not what you think it is. I don't love that woman. I only love you, even now." Daniel grabbed Minhee's arms again, staring at her eyes deeply.

"You are really—!" Minhee lost her words for a moment. "You don't love her but you slept with her! Now you're saying about love ... really funny." She scoffed. "Love me, my ." She shook her head, her eyes became blurry from the tears. She was so angry that her tears began to roll down to her face.

"That was nothing, Minhee-ah. We didn't make love. We just ed. That's for work. For us." Daniel tried to convince her.

"What did you say?! For us?!—" She lost her words again. "Oh God, i don't believe this." Her tears began to dry. She felt worthless crying over that jerk.

"When i saw you at the backstage, i remembered our love. I realized i had to get you again. I still love you. I'm sorry i took a long time to see you again, baby." He touched her cheek as he leaned closer to her face, trying to kiss her.

Minhee pushed him harshly. "I don't love you." She said firmly. He was shocked to hear that.

"You're lying. You love me, baby." Daniel hugged her forcefully. Minhee pushed him again.

"Don't baby me! I've forgotten you. Don't you dare to touch me!" She raised her voice.

"No, you're not! You will never forget me. I am your first love. I'm the first person to touch your body. You —" Someone cut his words with a punch. Daniel fell to the floor.

"Jungkook!" Minhee was shocked by what she saw.

"Shut up your dirty mouth, *ssh*l*!" Jungkook lost his temper. He was at the door from the start. He followed Minhee since she left class. He felt obliged to protect her from behind. He knew Minhee would meet that damn man because he was the one who told Daniel about this place. That was what he regretted. He should have persisted not to let them meet.

Daniel got up with a groan. Touching his slightly torn lip, he flinched because of the pain. He's angry to see Jungkook there, he was about to punch back but he's cut by Minhee's words. "Don't you dare lay your finger on him." She said with sudden fierceness while standing between Daniel and Jungkook. She faced Daniel, looked into his eyes with hatred.

Hearing that, Daniel took back his fist. He's about to speak up but once again cut by Minhee.

"Yes, i was in love with you. I trusted you... But everything is over. I tried to forget you and i succeed... Now i'm thankful that everything happened. I'm grateful i caught you so i wasn't trapped in a toxic relationship. I have a new life now, without you. I'm happy, i even made friends. So, please... be a man, leave me alone and don't ruin my happiness again." She said.

Minhee didn't even cry when she said that and it hit Daniel. He sighed and lowered his head. He lost the game. He had no card to play anymore. He sincerely love Minhee, but he realized his way of loving someone didn't match hers.

"I'm sorry." Only that could come out of Daniel's mouth. He decided to leave them without meeting eyes. He kept his head down and walked away. He gave up.

After Daniel was out of sight, Minhee fell on her knees, still with her back facing Jungkook. She cried, she couldn't hold it anymore. Suddenly, she felt someone's arm wrapped around her from behind. Jungkook back-hugged her.

"I shouldn't have told him about this place. I'm sorry." Jungkook said with so much tightness in his chest.

"You... you shouldn't have involved yourself... You shouldn't have come... He almost hit you, you reckless!" Minhee sobbed, her entire body shaking.

Jungkook tightened his hug, he kiss her shoulder as he said. "I can't... I can't stop myself from getting involved."

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Why? Why is Jungkook behaving like that?

Comments are loved :)

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 11 was up, on wattpad chapter 12 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking. 

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO