His Past

EYRE | J.JK

'No. No. You're not here. No.' Jungkook said to himself.

--

The atmosphere became awkward between them. Minhee and Daniel were surprised that Jungkook and Hana knew each other. When Daniel asked Hana, she just said that she knew Jungkook when they were in school in Busan. Jungkook nodded with a tense face. He didn't say anything until they arrived at the restaurant, even he didn't order food, only a cup of Americano. Minhee became worried about the man's mood change. At first, she thought their relationship seemed bad but Hana looked calm. They chatted as usual.

"Jungkook Oppa, how are you?" Hana suddenly asked Jungkook. The man who had been staring blankly at his coffee cup became tenser. He took a glance at Hana.

"I-I'm good." Jungkook said and remained silent again.

"How can you get to know Minhee Eonni?" Hanna said.

"We have the same major and happen to be in the same class." Minhee helped to answer after seeing Jungkook's uncomfortable state. Hana rolled her eyes because it wasn't Jungkook who answered. It made Minhee a little surprised. She did not expect to receive such a response from Hana.

"Seeing Oppa's appearance right now, Oppa must always disguise every class. So... how can you be friends? You know, Oppa is an idol. Eonni isn't a stalker right?" Jungkook immediately looked at Hana after hearing that, like he could not believe it could come out of . Likewise with Minhee, she was even more shocked. Hana, who was in front of her, was not like Hana who she knew before.

"Ya, Kang Hana!" Daniel nudged his sister after feeling her words were rather unpleasant.

"Why? I'm just curious." Hana acted innocent. Minhee just cleared .

"I-It's okay. That was rather impossible at first, but somehow we became close. I-"

"I approached her first. I was the one who want to be friends with her." Jungkook suddenly said in a protective tone. His expression made Hana stunned.

"O-oh, is that so? I-I am just curious, Oppa. I thought you're not the type to make a move first."

Jungkook was about to say something but was held back when the waiter brought their order. Minhee tried to lighten the atmosphere by getting everyone to start eating. Daniel who realized it also helped by trying to change the subject to talk to.

--

"Hey, are you okay?" Minhee asked Jungkook worriedly when they were taking the elevator to Minhee's apartment. The four of them separated at the restaurant. Jungkook insisted to take Minhee home only to get a suspicious glance from Hana.

"Yeah." His expression was much more relaxed after Hana wasn't with them anymore.

"Are you sure?" She grabbed Jungkook sleeve to pressure him. She was sure there was something about Hana that bothered him.

Jungkook just chuckled to see Minhee who was worried about him.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" She took her hand off from his sleeve, giving up.

"Yeah. I know, but I'm alright." He assured her with a smile.

She nodded and smiled back. They arrived in front of Minhee's door.

"I didn't know you were from Busan." Minhee said while pressing her apartment password.

"Me too. I didn't know that you're from Busan too, even our social circles were so close but still i didn't know you." Jungkook stood behind Minhee. He was about to say goodbye to Minhee when the woman entered her apartment.

"I went to all-girls high school and I'm not the popular type, so yeah ... you wouldn't know me." Minhee thought Jungkook will follow her but it turned out the man just stood at the door. "Hey, why are you just standing there?" She gestured him to come in.

"I only intended to take you to your door." Jungkook said hesitantly. Seeing it, Minhee chuckled. She approached Jungkook and pulled his hand.

"You didn't eat anything at the restaurant. I don't know why you were so uncomfortable, but you still have to eat. I know you have gigs tonight." She nagged him. He smiled because she reminded him of Jin who always nag him like his mom.

"Ah, it's okay, Jane. I can grab something at the company's cafe before the show."

"No. No. I feel bad enough that you had to sit with us even though you were uncomfortable. I know I'm bad at cooking, but at least I can cook an edible ramen for you. Have it before you go." She dragged him to the kitchen counter, signaling him to sit and wait. He giggled.

"Thank you... And for your information, I won't be full with just one pack. You need at least three." He informed her with a grin in his face.

"Seriously?" She looked at him and inhale suddenly with the mouth open, out of astonishment. "You have a dragon in your belly or what?" She turned to the upper cabinet, taking three packs of ramen. 

"She's my ex." He said out of nowhere when she cooked. His eyes were blank. 

She faced him, surprised. She didn't know how to react.

"It's already in the past. I guess we're good now, seeing her act like that." He gave her a fake smile. She nodded with a confused look. Yoongi's, Hana's and his story didn't seem to match but she refused to ask. It's already a bad day for Jungkook. She didn't want to make it worse by forcing him to tell the truth.

Minhee handed Jungkook a big bowl of ramen with a glass of water and took a seat across him. He ate his food happily after thanking her. They talked a little about the show that Jungkook would attend later at night. He said that BTS would be on the radio show and told Minhee to listen to them. Minhee by rejecting it. She said her assignment was more important than listening to them. She wouldn't be able to concentrate if she heard Jungkook and his Hyung spoke, especially if Jin started to throw his dad's joke.

"Come on, we're not that bad. Promise me you will listen to us." He pouted, jaw set and forward

"What if I still don't want to?" She raised one of her eyebrows and tilted her head, still teasing.

"Just you see... Your friend will hear your name called on the radio. I know your friend will listen to us." He smirked.

"Oh no no. You're not doing that." Minhee gasped and stood up, not believing that he would act that far.

"Oh, I will." He nodded while saying it. She sighed.

"Then how do you know I'm listening to you?"

"That's your problem to solve, my dear Jane" He took the water that she gave him earlier and about to drink it.

"Ya! Jeon Jungkook!" At the same time, Minhee was about to smack him playfully but accidentally hit a glass that Jungkook was holding. As a result, Jungkook's clothes got wet because of the water spill. "Oh my God. I'm sorry." She rounded the counter to stand beside him and tried to shake his clothes. He laughed.

"Aigoo. I know you want to touch me, but you don't have to spill the water on me. You can just ask, dear Jane." Again, he only to get a real smack from her.

"Tsk, you wish! Wait here, I'll bring clothes for you to change." She left him to her bedroom. He just giggled.

Took her some time to come back to the kitchen, bringing an oversize yellow hoodie with donut print in her hand.

"It's the only one that I think will fit you. I'm sorry for the donut though. It's the biggest one I have." She handed him the clothes. He chuckled and thanked her. After he changed his clothes in the bathroom, he came back to the kitchen to see Dahae's suddenly there.

"Holy Moly! Look who's here? My my! Why you're not telling me that he's here, Minhee?! Look at my dress! Oh my god! I should have worn a better dress this morning!" Dahae was surprised to see Jungkook. Minhee shook her head and started to wash the dishes.

"Tsk! You just got here, lady! Stop with the crap!" Minhee said, annoyed with her nagging, but Dahae just ignored her and came closer to Jungkook.

"Aigoo, Jungkook-ssi. Annyeonghaseyo. I didn't know you are here. You look cute in this donut by the way. I've seen Minhee wear this before, but you look a hundred times better than her." She said as she eyed him from head to toe. "Oh and please have a seat. Do you want to drink something?" She pulled him to the couch while lowkey fangirling.

"He even already ate, Dahae. You don't need to be polite to him. And speaking of the clothes he's wearing... It's mine and it looks cute on me too. Don't compare me with him." Minhee scoffed and stood closer to them to take the wet clothes in Jungkook's hand

"My my... What did you guys do until Jungkook had to wear your clothes? Is there any news that I don't know about you guys?" Minhee shook her head by hearing that.

"Shut up, lady. Don't even start with me." She glared at her and turned to Jungkook. "Don't you have a radio show to attend, Jungkook-ssi? Don't you need to leave now?" She helped Jungkook to be free from her friend.

"Oh right. I need to go now." He quickly stood up, giving Minhee a 'thank you' face. Dahae pouted but agreed that he needed to go.

--

Minhee and Dahae were having a dinner while Minhee suddenly said. "What time will BTS air on the radio?"

"Wow! Are you not feeling well? Or are you eating something wrong? It's not like you... Ah! I know! Don't tell me you really are dating him?! I'm right, right?! Tell me now that I'm right!" Dahae exclaimed, suspicious on her friend.

"What are you thinking?! I just asked what time they will air and you suddenly went crazy. Jungkook asked me to listen to them, ah no... more precisely he threatened me." Minhee acted annoyed even though she really wasn't. She didn't want Dahae to question her. As time went by, Minhee often searched for BTS info, especially Jungkook. Getting to know your friends further by searching them on the internet is not wrong, right? Likewise, listening to them airs on the radio.

"Aww. I know he didn't really threaten you. He just wants you to listen to them. What a cute friend you have, Minhee. You should give him to me instead of you constantly ignoring him."

"Tsk! Is he an item?! Come on, what time are they going to air?"

"Aigoo. Are you impatient? I'll call you when they start, okay?" Dahae said and then got a nod from Minhee.

They were continuing their dinner when Minhee's phone rang indicating an incoming message. She read it and was shocked, her eyes widened.

'Hi, Minhee Eonni. This is me, Kang Hana. I got your number from Daniel Oppa. This afternoon was very fun, so I want us to often eat together like today. Ehm... And Eonni... Can I ask for Jungkook Oppa's number? Daniel Oppa doesn't want to give it to me, he said that Jungkook Oppa is an idol and he can't just give the number. So... can Eonni give it to me? I just want to keep in touch with my old friend.'

Minhee had indeed exchanged phone numbers with Daniel this afternoon. She felt it was part of the beginning of their friendship. She didn't think it would end like this. Doubt enveloped her, but she remembered Jungkook saying that maybe he and Hana were already good now. Then maybe by giving his number to her, their relationship would be like Minhee and Daniel, starting a new beginning by being friends. Minhee knew Jungkook would feel uncomfortable at first, just like her when she decided to start new with Daniel, but she convinced herself that this was a good start. Minhee ended up replied to Hana's message and gave her Jungkook's phone number.

"You will be fine, right?" She sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Will he be fine?

Comments are loved:)

Comments are loved:)

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 15 was up, on Wattpad, chapter 16 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking.

Images are not mine.

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO      

PANDAMAXO