Being Involved

EYRE | J.JK

"Kang Daniel... he... slept with another woman ... after, a month earlier, ... he ... took ... Minhee's ity."

Jungkook's eyes suddenly enlarged, making his eyebrow raise in shock, his heart dropped like a ton of bricks and his fists clenched. He was burning in anger.

--

At night in Jungkook's room, he thought about what Dahae said while sitting in his gaming chair. He had a dilemma. As a friend, he wanted to help Minhee but he felt he had no right to go to Kang Daniel and start a dispute, especially when Minhee wanted to forget that man.

"But how can Jane get to know Daniel hyung?" Jungkook muttered, he was curious.

"Kookie-ah, what are you doing?" Jimin suddenly barged into Jungkook's bedroom, sitting in his lap because there's no place to sit anymore.

"Aigoo, hyung. Get off me!" Jungkook pushed his hyung playfully. Jimin ended up sitting on the floor.

"Aish, whose fault you don't have another seat in your room." Jimin said jokingly. "Why are you so serious? You look hot. You need to be serious more often." He said while laughing.

"Oh please, hyung." Jungkook wasn't in the mood.

"Okay okay, i'm sorry. So what is it? Do you want to tell me?" Jimin said, concerned. 

"Ehm, you.. you know Daniel hyung right?" Jungkook said with hesitation.

"Kang Daniel? Of course i know him. He's in the same dance class with me back in Busan before. He's a good dancer." Jimin recalled his memories.

"I knew him too, but we're not close. I just knew him because he's an ulzzang. We started to know each other when we met at music bank backstage." Jungkook said.

"He has the looks.. but too many rumors about him. I don't think he's that good. By the way, why are you asking about him?" Jimin asked.

"What rumors?" Jungkook leaned in with wide eyes, sliding his chair closer to Jimin.

"Wow wow. Calm down, man. I'm on the floor, you can just crush me with that chair." He pushed Jungkook's chair. Jungkook got up from his chair and sat across Jimin, still with his curious eyes.

"Wow, okay okay. I heard he often uses people. He likes shortcuts. What's worse, i heard he managed to become an idol because of that."

"What? Because of what?" Jungkook held Jimin's arm.

"I don't know. They said he seduced a PD so he could pass the agency's audition."

"What a jerk!" Jungkook said too loud until Jimin need to covered his mouth.

"Shut up, kook! Or Jin hyung will kill you for bad language." 

"Oops, sorry. It just came out. I didn't expect Daniel hyung to do that." Jungkook said with disbelief.

"I don't know, kook. I only heard rumors from people. I already told you this, so don't get too close with him, okay? And you didn't answer my question before. Why are you curious?" Jimin asked, also curious.

"Aniyo (Nothing). It's just.. we bumped into each other not a long ago. I just curious how has he been." Jungkook said, hoping Jimin would buy it.

"O..okay. It's weird of you but okay. Just remember don't get too close. I don't want anything bad happen." Jimin knew something was bothering Jungkook, but he didn't want to force him.

"Don't worry, hyung. Thank you."

--

Jungkook came out of the dressing room to go to the toilet. He was still thinking about what happened to Minhee and Daniel. He still felt guilty that he made them met accidentally. Suddenly someone called his name from behind.

"Jungkook-ah." Hearing that, he turned towards the voice. His eyes widened seeing the person standing in front of him but he tried to stay calm.

"Oh, Daniel hyung. What's wrong?" Jungkook controlled his emotion.

"Ehm.. How..how's Minhee?" Daniel stuttered.

"She's fine." Jungkook lied, he knew Minhee was still upset.

"It's good then." Daniel felt uplifted. "So.. the thing is.. i want to meet her." He continued.

Jungkook felt his blood rise to his ears. He knew Minhee couldn't possibly meet Daniel.

"You know Minhee doesn't want to meet you right?" He tried to answer calmly.

"I know, but i have to meet her." Daniel held Jungkook's arm. "Can you tell me where i can meet her?"

"Sorry, hyung, i can't tell you." Jungkook really couldn't hold it anymore. "And ... I have to go now." Jungkook shrugged Daniel's grip off his arm and tried to leave. He was afraid he could not resist his temper.

"Wait! Why can't you tell me! Who are you to Minhee exactly?" Daniel yelled at Jungkook.

He lost it. He lost his temper. He turned and said "I'm her friend! And i won't let her suffer by meeting you again!"

"She won't forget me! She loves me! I've even touched--"

"Shut up!" Jungkook cut Daniel's words with a fist to his face. The people around began to surround them and whispered to each other.

"How dare you!" Daniel who fell because of Jungkook's fist stood up and was about to punch back but the action was stopped by a man.

"Stop this before everything got worse!" The man said while pulling Daniel's hand.

"Jin hyung, take Jungkook back to our dressing room." The man said to the person who was holding Jungkook.

"Ani (No), hyung. I have to teach him a lesson. He need to shut his dirty mouth!" 

"Shut up, Kook! Namjoon's right. We need to go back!" Jin pulled Jungkook again.

"Ani, hyung." Jungkook kept try to withstand.

"Listen to me! Get your back to dressing room! Right now!" Jin raised his voice.

Jungkook gave up. He walked away with heavy breath.

"Ya! We're not done! I need to meet her!" Daniel shouted and tried to walk towards Jungkook but Namjoon held him back.

"Ya! That's not the right attitude to treat your sunbae (Senior)!" Namjoon said firmly.

"I..i'm.. sorry." Daniel cursed under his breath. He couldn't do anything in front of this sunbae. Namjoon scared him. 

--

"So, Jungkook. Mind to tell us why you punch a man face earlier?" Namjoon glared at Jungkook who was lowering his head. Jungkook's six older brothers sat around him on the couch, trying to interrogate him.

"He deserves that." Jungkook said, still not wanting to see their eyes.

"Jungkook, is this the reason yesterday you asked about Kang Daniel?" Jimin asked in a sharp voice.

"No, hyung. I asked not because i will hit him today. It's just that ..." Jungkook couldn't continue his answer.

"You know that a lot of people saw this incident. You know what can happen because of your actions, right?" Jin said with concern.

"I know, but ..."

"So, tell us now! What really happened?" Yoongi suddenly raised his voice. 

Jungkook became tense when he heard his hyung who usually doesn't like being involved in other people's problems suddenly yelled at him. He gave up and told the truth. 

The other hyung, Taehyung, shook his head. "Actually who is this girl friend of yours? Why do you care about her so much?" He said. 

Hearing Taehyung, Jimin just smiled. He knew for sure what really happened to Jungkook.

--

Not surprising, Jungkook suddenly called by the manager in the night after they got home. Someone recorded the incident and upload it on social media. Jungkook and Daniel's names ranked first in the search engine. They became trending topic. Fans from both side defended each other's idols. The situation became out of control.

"You must apologize publicly to Kang Daniel." Jungkook's manager said to him.

"What ?! Hyung, he's the wrong one. He deserves the punch!" Jungkook protested.

"Jungkook! What is seen in the video is that you hit Kang Daniel for Pete's sake! Whatever the reason, you can not hit him! All of this will end only if he forgives you publicly." The manager yelled.

--

Whatever happened earlier, BTS still had to complete their album promotion at the music show. Jungkook walked toward the dressing room tiredly. He couldn't sleep well with this problem around. His phone suddenly vibrated. Jane's name appeared on the phone screen.

"Yeoboseyo (Hello) ?" He answered.

"Eyre! Quickly tell me what happened ?! I just returned from my parents' house to calm myself down and Dahae suddenly told me you hit that person! Are you crazy ?!" Minhee shouted.

"Wow, Jane! Calm down! Why is everyone shouting at me! I'm not wrong!" He became frustrated.

Out of nowhere, Daniel was standing before Jungkook. He didn't had the chance to hang up the call when Daniel said. "I can put an end to this. I will tell the public that everything is just a misunderstanding as long as you grant my request." He paused for a second. "Let me meet Minhee." He continued his words.

Jungkook didn't believe what he heard, likewise with Minhee. She heard everything behind the call. She knew who was talking to Jungkook. 

"Eyre.. I'll.. I'll meet him. I'll meet Kang Daniel."

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. What will happen to them? Will Minhee be okay? Will the situation get worse?

I do not hate Kang Daniel, guys. He's hot and i support him. It's just for the character in this story. Really hope you'll understand.

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 10 was up, on wattpad chapter 11 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking. 

Comments are loved :)

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO