Weirdo

EYRE | J.JK

- Your POV -

"Dahae-ah, hurry up!! It's 9.20 a.m. already!! Prof. Kim will kick us from class if we don't rush! " I yelled

"Don't yell at me! The building is just across the road and it only took 3 minutes to get there. Don't be to much, Minhee-ah!" Dahae yelled back at me when she came out from her shrine like room. 

I know everyone have their preferences about their bedroom, but if you saw hers, you'll have the same thought. Posters and photos of her favorite boy band is everywhere on her wall. You won't find any square inches of bare wall left. There are merchandise, banners and dolls too. The remarkable thing is her nightstand. Or should i say her worship table? She has her favorite member photos stand there with flowers, scented candles and many decoration around it. I, too, have scented candles on my nightstand, but when you place it like Dahae did, it looks like a worship table to me. I never shame her for it. Everyone have a hobby, right?

That's about my best friend. Now, this is about me.

I'm Choi Minhee. I'm not like Dahae who always cheer crazily when her boys appeared on TV or continuously insist me to accompany her to watch their shows. I'm not interested to this kind of things, although i enjoy listening to music. I like songs of Tori Kelly or Ed Sheeran or Adele or anyone with soothing voice. But it should be underlined, i'm not fanatic like Dahae. I'm the type who enjoyed music by their voices. Their soothing voices to be exact. Beside, i always more busy with my assignment to pass this term. 

I and Dahae majored in same field, Business. That's how we became friend. After i graduate,  i plan to help my parents develop their small store back in my hometown, Busan. I came from average family. I'm not rich, but i'm not poor either. As for Dahae, she is beyond rich. She doesn't need to work at all to feed her future family for 7 generation. She has an apartment for herself, even though her family is here in Seoul. I live with her now. Of course in her luxurious apartment. She made me live  there because she doesn't like to be alone. At first, i rejected her offer. I don't want to be seen as a gold digger friend. I already had a place to sleep anyway, even though it's far. But she still made me with all of her aegyo. I know she is a good person. I trust her.

Most of a day, i spend my time at library to do my assignment or just to read something. I come almost everyday. I even befriended the librarian. They categorized me as a nerd. I'm okay with that. Mostly because i don't care.

"I'm ready. Let's go" Dahae said after freaking 20 minutes. The class is at 9.45 for Pete's sake. 3 minutes to the building and 2 minutes left to the class. Great.

When we reached the class, Prof

When we reached the class, Prof. Kim's already there. Double great.

"Young misses, you're lucky i have just arrived. Hurry up, take your seat." We're 5 minutes late. This building's lift s*cks. Slow and always packed. We didn't have the choice to take the stairs, even morning exercise always be my enemy. 

Oddly, our usual seat was occupied by a tall man. This is a small class and always packed. Dahae and i always sit at the very back since Dahae insisted me. Usually, there's only 1 seat left beside ours and that seat always be Dahae's extra seat for her bag and other things. 

'That's weird.' No one ever occupy our seat before. Even he's transferred student. It's already in the mid. How can someone transferred in the mid. I decided to ask him, i meant to ask for my seat because his bag occupied it.

"Excuse me" i started to talk. 'Jeez, this guy is weird as h*ll'. He covered his face with a hoodie, a mask and glasses. He wore all black outfit. Looks like a criminal on the loose to me.

 

- His POV -

'Oh God! Who is this girl? What should i do? i worried to dead. I thought i was already safe sitting in the back. Sh*t' I didn't reply. I continued to look down to keep my face hidden.

"Ehm. Excuse me." She spoke louder. She's pissed i guessed. "Can you please take your bag? There's no seat left so i need to sit here" She continued. Oh Cr*p.

I took my bag with minimum action. I kept my face down. I knew she looked at me with confuse look. She stared at me for at least 5 minutes until the professor started the class. 

'Ugh. It will be a long day.' I sighed.

 

- Your POV -

'Oh my God. What's wrong with this guy. He didn't look at me at all. He is weird enough with his fully covered face and now his act is weird too.' I told to myself. 

After the class ended, the weird guy beside me instantly ran out the room. People stared at his sudden action and they started to notice his criminal-on-the-loose look. They started to whisper on each other.

"Yah, Minhee-ah" Dahae too started whispering

"Yah!? How can you call me 'yah'?! I'm older than you"

"Oh for Pete's sake. It's only 6 month and you always act like an eonni" She sulked.

"I am indeed your eonni"

"Shut up! Hey, don't you think that guy is something"

"Oh that criminal-on-the-loose guy? He is weird"

"What's with the term? Hahaha. You know, he could be a Kpop star or an actor"

"What?! No way! He's too weird"

"Look, everybody is whispering to each other. They must think that guy is a celebrity. Only you who would think he's a criminal."

"Are you serious? Can you see what he wore?" I asked, disbelief spreading across my face. 

"Well, they usually wear something like that when they are outside. You really don't watch TV or article, do you? I bet you also didn't know there's an amazing thing called internet. Tsch. I should be the one sitting beside him so i can analyse his face. I didn't notice him earlier" She regretted. 

"Yah! You bully! You're too busy with your phone. I guess you didn't hear the lesson at all."

"It's BTS's fan meet in 5 days, you know. And it's Jimin's birthday too. Of course i need to know what Army plan to do for him. He's my bias!" Her protective behavior towards her favorite boy band started to emerge. Yes, it's BTS. I only knew there're 7 of them since Dahae always shouts 'my 7 boys are daebak' when they show up on TV. Her shouting always clearly heard from the living room even my bedroom's door is closed.

"Chill out, young lady. I'm not judging you. Do your thing. I'll be at the library" I got up and started to walk out.

"You remember your promise, right?!!" She shouted

"What promise?" 

"Yah! Minhee-ah! How could you forget?! You promised to accompany me to the fan meet!"

"What?! Did i?!" I seriously didn't remember anything about that. 

"You promised me at the bar before! I even recorded that." When i heard the record, i quickly realized what happened.

"Yah! How could you take advantage from a drunk woman?!" I shouted.

"A promise is a promise." She tried to say wisely.

"Cr*p" I cursed.

"Watch your mouth, young lady" She smirked. I head out.

'Ugh. A promise is a promise.' I sighed to myself, thinking about how much harder this was going to get.

' I sighed to myself, thinking about how much harder this was going to get 

At the library, i bowed to Mrs. Han, the librarian and said my greetings like i always did. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Han"

"Oh annyeong, Minhee-ah. You're here. Do you want me to recommend you some books?"

"It's okay, Mrs. Han. Today i'll be doing my assignment. I think i don't have time to read anything beside the references."

"Okay then. Do a good job! Oh and i think your usual spot is occupied. I thought it was you earlier but it's not."

'What?! Again? I thought my usual spot was unknown. You can't even see it if you don't walk to the very end of the hallway. It's even behind the big shelf!' I murmured to myself. That's the spot Mrs. Han gave me because i came almost everyday. She pitied me. I usually couldn't concentrate if there's too many people. She even prepared me a desk there. 

"But how can? It's hidden." I protested.

"Yeah, i don't know either. That man is something though." After she said that, she leaned closer to me and whispered. "He look like a criminal wearing so many covers"

"What?!" I shocked.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Who do you think he is? 

Comments are loved :)

Images are not mine. (decoist.com; canadawood.org; koreadispatch.com; thedesignconcept.co.uk)

XOXO, 

PANDAMAXO