Fixing Things

EYRE | J.JK

'I want you to be happy too... But how can I pass through your wall, Jeon Jungkook? How can I help you through this? I'm just a friend.'

--

After a week passed, Minhee went through her routine as usual, the only difference was that Jungkook became part of it. He still underwent his obligation to come to the university and attend classes even though the news about him and Daniel was still going wild. His appearance became less and less like BTS Jungkook, his stylist deliberately changed Jungkook's way of dressing so that he wasn't easily recognizable when not doing his idol's activity. Of course it's because a lot of journalists were chasing after him. 

Dahae always asked Jungkook's condition when they met in class, as a devoted Army, she was certainly worried. Jungkook casually answered her that he was okay and just smiled. Minhee knew it was fake. She realized, when they ate lunch together on the rooftop a few times, Jungkook always lost in his thought while staring at Seoul sky. His agency must put a lot of pressure on him as his eyes looked more and more tired every day. When Minhee tried to start talking about the situation, Jungkook always said that he was okay. He thanked Minhee for staying with him. They didn't stop communicating in that past week, Jungkook always texted Minhee at every chance he had, like what best friend does.

Until the day came when Jungkook didn't come to class at all. Minhee thought why the scandal wasn't finished yet. She thought her statement to Daniel at that time could make him man enough to finish everything. She couldn't concentrate on the lecture at all. She took a deep breath to calm herself when suddenly the class became noisy. They whispered to each other while looking at their phone. Dahae immediately handed her phone to me, showing the news for me to read. It was about Daniel's Press Conference. The class became noisier that they had to be cooled down by the professor himself. 

Minhee could only think of Jungkook, about how the man was. She's worried about him. She texted him, but even after lunch, Jungkook did not reply. 

She decided to go to the library. Doing her task would probably distract her mind from thinking too much. Mrs. Han welcomed her, asking how she's been because she was rarely seen lately. Minhee smiled and said that her life was not like a calm river anymore, many fishes suddenly immigrate to the river. One of them was really making the flow turbulent. 

"Isn't the life of a young like you supposed to be full of turmoil? Isn't that what makes everyone want to go back to their youth?" Mrs. Han said and just laughed. Yeah, right, Minhee's life was flaring up, suddenly many people appeared in her life, Jungkook and his hyungs, also Daniel. 

When Minhee walked to her usual place, she saw the man. Yes, Jungkook. He was sleeping soundly, laid his head on his hand which was rested on the desk. His eye bags was very visible on his face. 

Jungkook had intended to go to the university today, but his agency suddenly called him because they heard Daniel would do the press con

Jungkook had intended to go to the university today, but his agency suddenly called him because they heard Daniel would do the press con. He actually already knew, Daniel came to him first. He apologized for taking a long time. Daniel's agency didn't want him to do the press con because they assuming this incident would support his popularity. He had to plead to his agency until they finally allowed him. He threatened them that he wouldn't renew his contract if they didn't allow him. Jungkook really appreciated the effort, he was very grateful to him.

After the press con finished, Jungkook met several exclusive journalists who had become partners with his agency. He needed to say one and other things to really solve the problem and say that there was nothing between him and Daniel. It's all just misunderstanding. Their relationship was already fine.

He came to the university not to go to the class because he knew he was late, but he wanted to see Minhee. He saw all the text from her, but he thought of meeting her right away, instead of replying. He just wanted to talk to her directly. Jungkook went to the library and waited for her there, not realizing that the exhaustion that had finally peaked made him fall asleep.

Minhee sat in the seat next to the man and watched him, remembering their first meeting in this place. This secret place had not belonged to herself, but had become theirs. Who would have thought that she would become friends with this weirdo. Minhee accidentally chuckled, making Jungkook stirred from his sleep. He opened his eyes and smiled at Minhee.

"Oh, you're here. I'm sorry I accidentally fell asleep." Jungkook said while stretching his body.

"It's okay. You must be tired. I know you must have trouble sleeping lately. I'm sorry I woke you up." Minhee corrected her sitting position, took her laptop and some paper from her bag.

"Oh please, I'm here and now you'll only do your assignment. You don't even ask about my condition now. I'm sure you must have heard the news from Dahae." He protested.

"Tsk. Look who's talking. You didn't reply to my text at all, Mr. Super Busy Idol. You know how worried I am this morning because you didn't go to class. At least say that you're fine." She shook her head and narrowed her eyes to Jungkook. "Just let me finish my assignment now, so i can distract my mind from worrying about you." She continued.

"Yeah, I'm a little busy. But after I saw your text, I just wanted to talk to you directly. That's why I came." He told the truth but Minhee just rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, okay. I'm fine, just a little tired. Thanks to Daniel hyung, the stress is over." He said and continued to tell Minhee about Daniel's reason.

"It must be stressing for him too." She unwittingly pitied him, regardless of what he had done. Everything was over. Either because of their last meeting that finally settled everything or because Jungkook's presence made her feel safe. 

Jungkook only hummed in response. There was something he did not tell Minhee about Daniel. This made him more nervous than the morning press con, but he couldn't do anything. All were Minhee's decisions. He only hoped for the best.

He only hoped for the best

--

Minhee finally arrived home after successfully insisting Jungkook not to bring her to meet his hyungs again. The day was already very tiring for Jungkook, he had to rest and Minhee would not bother him by going to his dorm. Dahae was cooking their dinner when Minhee entered the house and removed her shoes.

"Oh, Minhee. See what came this afternoon for you on the coffee table." She said while pointing towards the living room. A bouquet of flowers with a letter laid beautifully on the table. She wondered who would send this. She took the letter and read it.

She took the letter and read it

'Dear, Minhee.

Once again I apologize for everything. I will not give you any reasoning to forgive me. I know everything I did was a mistake.

I will try to fix everything and start from the beginning including my life, starting from the press-con this morning. At least I have to start well, right?

Likewise with our relationship. I want to start from the beginning. I know this is really annoying to you, but I still have the feelings.

I will wait for you on the rooftop tomorrow at lunchtime. I really hope you come, at least as a friend. I just don't want our relationship to be bad.

But if you don't want to come, it's okay. I will not force you and will not bother you again. I will disappear forever from your life as before that I foolishly did to you.

I want you to know that I am very serious to you.

Love you forever, Kang Daniel.'

Minhee's eyes widened knowing who sent this letter. She wasn't sure about the meeting, however the trauma was still there. But... she also didn't want to be an obstacle for someone to start his new life. It was so complicated to her.

--

There she was standing in front of the door to the rooftop. She decided to come, despite all of her trauma. She realized that the trauma itself was an obstacle to her life. She needed to overcome it. That's mean, she needed to forgive him completely... start a new chapter... maybe by becoming friends. 

"Minhee, you came! Thank you! Thank you!" Daniel shrieked, running toward Minhee when he saw the girl come. He's about to hug her, but she stepped back, making him know his place.

"I'm sorry. I'm just very grateful to see you." He tensed.

"Ehm. I-I'm here to tell you that w-we can s-start over... as a f-friend. Only.. friend." She stuttered. It was a major change in her life. She hoped for the better.

"I know. I don't expect more. Just seeing you here is a big step for me. I'm thankful. I'm very thankful." He couldn't hide his wide smile while talking.

"Daniel.." She called his name for the first time in a while, making Daniel jolt in excitement.

"Yes, Minhee?" He answered almost instantly.

"Thank you.. for your doings to clear Jungkook's name. I know it's hard for you too. But.. thank you." She said. Daniel sighed hearing that but tried to smile. He realized that Jungkook already affected her so much. 

"Yeah... It's not only for him, but for me too. I told you I need a good start. I—" He was interrupted by the sound of his phone. He hesitated to pick up the call but Minhee gestured him that's okay. It's his little sister. 

In the middle of his call, Minhee's phone also rang. She gestured Daniel that she also wanted to pick up the call. He nodded.

"Hello, Eyre. What's up?"

"Hi, where are you? Why haven't you replied to my text?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm meeting D-Daniel right now." She somehow hesitated to say the name of the person she's meeting to him.

     

"What?! Already? Where?" Jungkook knew Daniel would meet her. Daniel told him earlier and that's the one he couldn't tell Minhee about, but he didn't expect it to be so soon.

"Already? You know about this? And I'm at the Rooftop. Why?" She was confused by his answer.

"Kinda. I'll pick you up" He suddenly had the urge to be there as soon as possible. 

"It's Saturday, Eyre. You don't have class today. Why bother?"

"No, it's okay. I'll pick you up when you're done. I'm not far, I'll be there in a few minutes. See you later, Jane." He hung up. Minhee stood still, she didn't know why he's like that.

"You're done?" Daniel said. He's done with his call too.

"Oh yeah. It's Jungkook. He said he's coming." She raised her shoulder, acting confused.

"Good timing then. My sister just called and she's insisting me to take her to eat. She just came from Busan yesterday." He said happily.

"Hana's here?" She's surprised. She had never seen Hana again after she moved to Seoul. They used to be close. Minhee was practically close to all of Daniel's family though, but Hana was like her little sister. She even came crying to Minhee when she and her boyfriend broke up. Even her brother knew nothing about the boy.

"Yeah. She's starting uni life soon. She came early to adapt."

"Good for her. She's a smart kid." She smiled.

"So... do you want to eat together? Jungkook can come with us. I actually planned to invite you to lunch after this, only the two of us, but... look like we got companies." He offered.

"O-Okay. I suppose it will be a good start for our friendship too. I'll text Jungkook." She agreed to him. She wanted to meet Hana too. 

--

"Hi, Jungkook." Daniel greeted Jungkook. Minhee and Daniel were already at the main entrance after telling Jungkook about the plan. He agreed to it, as long as Minhee's there.

"Hello, hyung." He slightly bowed to him. "So, Minhee said your sister will come also. Do we have to pick her up?"

"Ani. Ani. No need to pick her up. She's coming." Daniel said.

"Oppa!" Suddenly, a girl was calling his brother from afar.

"Here she is." Daniel waved to his sister, telling her to come.

"Hana-ah!" Minhee was happy to see her. She ran toward her and hugged her.

"Eonni! It's been a long time. I'm happy to see you." Hana hugged her back.

"Come. Come. I'm with my friend too." Minhee pulled her to the others.

Hana smiled and followed her. She didn't notice the other man before, but when she came closer, her eyes widened in shock.

"J-Jungkook oppa..." Hana said. The man was already frozen the moment he saw her from distance. He didn't believe what he saw.

He didn't believe what he saw     

'No. No. You're not here. No.' Jungkook said to himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Who's Hana?

Comments are loved:)

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 14 was up, on Wattpad, chapter 15 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking.

Images are not mine.

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO